Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Maha Bodhi

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    3.1k Posts 303 Posters 950.3k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • lostbunnyL Offline
      lostbunny
      last edited by

      MMM:
      mamabear:

      I am thinking of buying a label to make name labels for his books etc. Is that allowed? or are the kids supposed to write their names manually?


      I made those simple name stickers (CL + EL names) for the kids. I stick it on their exercise and workbook. No complaints, I suppose it is fine. I think if it it is simple and neat (nothing fanciful), it is fine.

      We also use those cartoon name stickers on their textbooks.

      MMM, do you buy new textbooks for each of your kids or the younger ones use the textbooks that the older ones use presviously?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • 2 Offline
        2818
        last edited by

        mamabear:
        MMM:

        [quote=\"2818\"]Hi, I remembered the class name list and the house's colour were displayed outside the place where we brought our uniform. That was how you know your kid's house colour, am I right? You should have taken a photo of it. Just in case, you are going for orientation or the first few day of school open, check whether the name list of your children class is displayed. I would suggest you take a photo of it so when your kid come back to share with you anything about her/his school life for the day you have an ideal who they are talking about. You are going to surprise them and they would share with you more co's they thought you know their classmates by name.


        Fully agree on this.

        If possible, try to volunteer for first few days of school. I did that for first 5 days. dd FT also asked me if I would like to volunteer for one of their class events subsequently. So that was good as I got to meet her friends in person and is able to put the name to the face now. So when she talk about them, I am not lost.

        Kids are very excited to see parents volunteering in school.


        May I know how I can be a volunteer for the first few days of school?[/quote]
        Do take note that when you signed up as a PSG for the first few days of school you may not or high chance you will not be assign to your kid's class.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • K Offline
          Kiasu_Glory
          last edited by

          Hi, does anyone have any private bus contacts serving Tampines area ? I've checked with the MBS school bus service, they only have big buses serving Tampines, but I would prefer smaller buses so that my dd dun have to travel too much is possible.


          thanks in advance πŸ™‚

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • W Offline
            Wolfgirl
            last edited by

            How is the amount of homework for P1?

            Manageable?
            I have a neighbour who says her son (MBS P2 now) has to work on HW from 8-10 every night. (That is so scary)

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • M Offline
              mamabear
              last edited by

              I know i am being very kiasu in asking this.. Do Maha Bodhi have Chinese new year celebration (combined session am and pm)? I am thinking that the celebration might be on 8/2 next year? kiasu as I must pre-apply leave months in advance due to my nature of work.. any one, TIA πŸ™‚ :slapshead:

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • M Offline
                mamabear
                last edited by

                MMM:
                mamabear:

                I am thinking of buying a label to make name labels for his books etc. Is that allowed? or are the kids supposed to write their names manually?


                I made those simple name stickers (CL + EL names) for the kids. I stick it on their exercise and workbook. No complaints, I suppose it is fine. I think if it it is simple and neat (nothing fanciful), it is fine.

                We also use those cartoon name stickers on their textbooks.

                thanks MMM :thankyou:

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • lostbunnyL Offline
                  lostbunny
                  last edited by

                  Wolfgirl:
                  How is the amount of homework for P1?

                  Manageable?
                  I have a neighbour who says her son (MBS P2 now) has to work on HW from 8-10 every night. (That is so scary)
                  Probably depends on the teacher. Both my p1 and p3 DS do not have much homework. For the P1, the teacher said that she prefer the children to do their work in class so that if she sees them doing incorrectly, she can correct them on the spot. For my p3, some days he finishes his homework in sch and some days he brings home 1 to 2 pieces of homework.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • MMMM Offline
                    MMM
                    last edited by

                    2818:
                    Do take note that when you signed up as a PSG for the first few days of school you may not or high chance you will not be assign to your kid's class.

                    I think their intent is to allow the kids to mix with their new friends and not cling on to their parents. However, as a volunteer, you will still be able to get fairly upclose with your kid during recess. They will block the canteen area so parents are not allowed to go in. Only PV can do so when helping out with the class.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • lostbunnyL Offline
                      lostbunny
                      last edited by

                      mamabear:
                      I know i am being very kiasu in asking this.. Do Maha Bodhi have Chinese new year celebration (combined session am and pm)? I am thinking that the celebration might be on 8/2 next year? kiasu as I must pre-apply leave months in advance due to my nature of work.. any one, TIA πŸ™‚ :slapshead:

                      Yes, it's combine session when it comes to CNY and National Day celebration. Usually the kids just go to school for 2 hours.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • MMMM Offline
                        MMM
                        last edited by

                        lostbunny:
                        Wolfgirl:

                        How is the amount of homework for P1?

                        Manageable?
                        I have a neighbour who says her son (MBS P2 now) has to work on HW from 8-10 every night. (That is so scary)

                        Probably depends on the teacher. Both my p1 and p3 DS do not have much homework. For the P1, the teacher said that she prefer the children to do their work in class so that if she sees them doing incorrectly, she can correct them on the spot. For my p3, some days he finishes his homework in sch and some days he brings home 1 to 2 pieces of homework.

                        Yes, I agree with your observation as well. Maybe the neighbour's child did not focus in class and hence cannot finish the homework that's why he has so many homework every night? Only for P5 onwards then do my kid have so much homework. Even the P4 is manageable.... But again it depends on teachers.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 176
                        • 177
                        • 178
                        • 179
                        • 180
                        • 312
                        • 313
                        • 178 / 313
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        3

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy