Maha Bodhi
-
tft:
My son did not have any list of words to learn....the Chinese teacher only gave him the chapters to be tested. :yikes:kamsy:
[quote=\"Cynmummy\"]Dear parents,how to you practice P1 Chinese spelling,given that they are tested based on the lessons taught since the beginning. Friends I spoke to, their kids from other schools are given list of words to learn. I would like to get some advice on how to go about with the revision. Tks in advance!
they will also be given a list of words to learn for chinese spelling.
Btw...anyone know of any good student care nearby the school. Feeling very fedup with his current student care. He watches tv & plays pc (supposed to be once a week) on a daily basis!! :stompfeet: :mad:[/quote]
Hihi ... Which student care is ur DS in now ? -
The one at HDB void deck.
I questioned the teacher yesterday am. She claimed that the tv is showing the Chinese news only. Then this am, I "spot-check". The tv is showing Kungfu Panda! I asked but none of the teachers gave me any answers. -
Cynmummy:
Dear parents,how to you practice P1 Chinese spelling,given that they are tested based on the lessons taught since the beginning. Friends I spoke to, their kids from other schools are given list of words to learn. I would like to get some advice on how to go about with the revision. Tks in advance!
My impression is that kids are given a list of spelling words to learn. However, they will not be tested directly (impression based on 2 years ago). Instead they will be given worksheets where they have to apply what they learnt for spelling. -
For the P1 chinese spellings, indeed they are tested by chapters every week.
However, it is not the usual spelling when you just spell out words by words.
It is like a worksheet form… probably about 3-4 section with 2-3 questions per section. different style per section like filling the blanks, matching, etc
DS brought back the tingxie worksheet twice… -
tft:
My son did not have any list of words to learn....the Chinese teacher only gave him the chapters to be tested. :yikes:kamsy:
[quote=\"Cynmummy\"]Dear parents,how to you practice P1 Chinese spelling,given that they are tested based on the lessons taught since the beginning. Friends I spoke to, their kids from other schools are given list of words to learn. I would like to get some advice on how to go about with the revision. Tks in advance!
they will also be given a list of words to learn for chinese spelling.
Btw...anyone know of any good student care nearby the school. Feeling very fedup with his current student care. He watches tv & plays pc (supposed to be once a week) on a daily basis!! :stompfeet: :mad:[/quote]
Hi all, tks. Yes, there's no list of words given, only the chapters. Wanted to learn from daddies and mummies how they do their revision to be more effective with my revision with my daughter. I'm still exploring. Besides the textbook, I will revised the worksheets that the teacher let them bring back
Kamsy, you can try the student care above Giant. It's called Bao Ta. -
kamsy:
Dear parents,how to you practice P1 Chinese spelling,given that they are tested based on the lessons taught since the beginning. Friends I spoke to, their kids from other schools are given list of words to learn. I would like to get some advice on how to go about with the revision. Tks in advance!
If I remember correctly, there will be a list given . I believe there is a list of words to know at the back of the book ( if it's the same book for p1 during dd's time. ) I guess you can revise the zi bao bao with your child first to get a strong foundation of Chinese words .
-
There is no list of words for ting xie. According to teacher, no point giving a list & children just memorise what to be tested & forget about it after ting xie, so they moved on to worksheet style of testing & find that it’s easier for kids to learn & retain what they have learnt this way. Like the other mummy said, it’s from the beginning till wk of learning. At first I also worried as it seems very overwhelming but subsequently, it does make sense.
For example, you start learning the basic, like ao (mao), then progressively learn iong with ao (xiong mao), & so on. Hence, importantly to revise every wk & make sure the child knows for that wk, so that when it moves on to more difficult ones in later chapter, child can better cope with it. -
Just to add on, there is no list as currently it’s testing on HYPY.
-
Hi, Lion Dance is only recruiting students from P3 onwards as the training is on friday 130 - 330 pm
mryeo:
My son is interested in their Lion Dance activity. When can my son sign up? He is in P1 this year.
-
Dear Parents, Since its a school that is more onto bhuddist environment, I would like to know if there are students from other community (such as Thai or Indian)?
I intend to apply for P1 for my child and would like to know the mix if there is any?
Appreciate if any parents from this school could give more information.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login