Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Juying Primary

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    432 Posts 44 Posters 174.1k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • J Offline
      jiyou2003
      last edited by

      sakura_2009:
      Hi, all


      For kids who are in the student care the whole day, althought they are also encouraged to log onto lead.com to do the assignments, I think it is not necessary to finish all of them since they spent the whole day in the student care and have limited time to complete all the assignments.

      At least my DS never really completed all of them since P1 (he's currently in p3) and his form teacher is ok with it...Just to share in case some parents whose kids are in full day student care get 'stressed' over this. However, you may just want to double checked with your child's form teacher just in case...
      Hi Sakura,
      My son is in student care the whole day. There are a long list in lead.com (form unit 1 to unit 5 ...). When I saw he wrote \"do assignment in lead.com\", I was crazy. Yes, you are right, we had limited time left. There are spelling and MT spelling every week.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • J Offline
        jiyou2003
        last edited by

        lovekidsverymuch:
        Yerdua:

        Yes, checked out with ds 's FT during PTM this year,

        the info i got is similar, based on P1 english and Maths results,
        the top 30 position of the P1 cohort will go to Pri2A class and
        the next 31st to 60th position will go to Pri2B.

        The children have to maintain their position to stay in the respective class
        or otherwise dropped out of the A/B class. πŸ˜›
        Imagine the stress of those children who are more matured and competitve from the A/B class.... :shock:

        Hi Yerdua,
        May I know yr ds class? We ask FT during PTM, she mention the school system was last year and need their P to cfm is this year will be the same.

        We had the email address of FT but not the mobile number. Will FT will give us?

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • Y Offline
          Yerdua
          last edited by

          lovekidsverymuch:
          Hi Yerdua,

          May I know yr ds class? We ask FT during PTM, she mention the school system was last year and need their P to cfm is this year will be the same.

          We had the email address of FT but not the mobile number. Will FT will give us?
          Hi Jiyou2003,

          I've chatted with parents from the upper levels, like p2-p6 with one parent's child graduated last year. (KSP networking, haha!). They say that teachers always say that to indemify themselves in case of any changes. But this system has come in force since four to five years ago with all teachers supporting.

          Nope, i dun have FT's hp no but some other parents have it. I dun see the need to have the FT's hp no too. Email for me is sufficient. πŸ™‚

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • J Offline
            jiyou2003
            last edited by

            Thanks for your prompt reply.


            I actually dont email to FT as I dont want her to think I’m KSP. Sometime son could not tell us what is happening on that day, even till now after T1. We wonder are there any things we had missed out. Boy!
            He dont ever remember which day is Fruits n Veggie day !!!

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • J Offline
              jiyou2003
              last edited by

              There is this subscription form on National Geographic Young Explorer, Science Spy magazine, Asian Geographic Jnr and Wildlife Wonders. Any comments? I didnt order but on the other hand is concern amI right.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • Y Offline
                Yerdua
                last edited by

                Har, just ask ds about the fruitty, veggie day thingy, he's just as clueless!


                I didn't subscribe the mag too cos we can borrow from the library. But only backdated issues are avaliable cos they are very popular. Can try ur luck when u visit the library! πŸ™‚

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • J Offline
                  jiyou2003
                  last edited by

                  Yerdua:
                  Har, just ask ds about the fruitty, veggie day thingy, he's just as clueless!


                  I didn't subscribe the mag too cos we can borrow from the library. But only backdated issues are avaliable cos they are very popular. Can try ur luck when u visit the library! πŸ™‚
                  OIC, borrow from library. That's good idea. :lol:

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • J Offline
                    jiyou2003
                    last edited by

                    Yerdua:
                    To be more involved, i also apply to volunteer my service in the school! Hope that it will be fun for me and ds! :celebrate:

                    Hi Yerdua,
                    Like to know what kind of service you had provide for the school. How often is it?
                    Thks.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • J Offline
                      jiyou2003
                      last edited by

                      daisyt:
                      I heard that Junying robotic's CCA is strong. πŸ˜„

                      Dear Parents,
                      My neighbour son in P5 claim that this robotic CCA had taken up a lot of his time this year as compare to previous years. He is the monitor, prefect and doing very well in exam from P1 to P5. Last year, he respresent the school to Korea for robotic competition. Now, neighbour say son T1 results had been affected as he spend a lot of time on his CCA.

                      I start to wonder should this be a good choice of CCA. Junior in P1 this year, I like him to take up scott as I personally feel it is good for boy when they join NS. Any comments?

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • J Offline
                        jiyou2003
                        last edited by

                        lovekidsverymuch:
                        Hi Sakura_2009,


                        I also stay in Jurong West Extension and next yr will be my son's p1 I didnt do any PV so I will be depending on my luck for his addmission.

                        My first choice is West Grove

                        2nd choice I am still not sure if I should have Juying or Xingnan... hows ur feedback bout Juying as a whole>?
                        Hi Lovekidsverymuch,
                        I did my comparision of these three school u mention from the data provied by KiasuParents website.

                        U can c that Xingnan had ballot in P2C except last year the ballot is in P2C suppl. We visited the school during their open hse and I personally like their focus on Chinese. On that day, we met their Chinese Sir for P5 (u can read about him in their website). I was strongly \"buy\" over.

                        Son want GW bcos his best freind in childcare cts since N2 is in Phase 1B of GW. GW is our 1st choice but no luck in balloting. By then, we cant take any chance in P2C suppl as Xingnan need balloting. So we go for JYPS.

                        Weight yr 1st and 2nd choice again. If u cant get 1st choice, u will end up taking 3rd choice.

                        Wishing your junior all the best of luck for the ballot. :rahrah:

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 6
                        • 7
                        • 8
                        • 9
                        • 10
                        • 43
                        • 44
                        • 8 / 44
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy