Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Rulang Primary

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    1.6k Posts 125 Posters 579.1k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • G Offline
      gaagaa
      last edited by

      Lock:
      My son is in P2 and I remembered seeing his exam papers before. After knowing that some of you are looking for 2010 P1 papers, I went and searched but couldn't find them at home. I couldn't remember if we had returned the papers to the teachers. 😞


      Will continue to search tomorrow but if still can't find, then I am sorry that I can't be of any help.
      Thanks Lock, appreciate your kind help. If everyone needs to return the papers to the teachers, guess it'll be hard to get it unless someone scanned it before returning. πŸ˜‰

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • B Offline
        buds
        last edited by

        RRMummy:
        Hi gaagaa, Hi Sotong1209,


        Buds informed me that she doesn't have it... 😞
        My deepest apologies, ladies... I recall tt my dd did Rulang Maths papers (not sure which year) and said it was very hard as many concepts/topics have not been taught by her school/teacher. I recall telling RRMummy to check out Rulang's past year's papers when I knew of her dd's successful entry to the school during her P1 registration, just as a tinkle from a friend...cos I found their papers were very challenging for lower primary students to attempt unless of course if because of the school's high standards, they expect students who are enrolled in Rulang to have received intensive external coaching/enrichment prior to starting out school years with them.. :nailbite: The part abt students being tested out of curriculum context... I seem to hear a lot of similar grouses mainly from parents with students in top/SAP schools.

        In our neighborhood schools like the two diff schools my girls hv attended, students have a level playing field and all teachers make extreme efforts to prepare all the students for any major exams from advance n extensive show n tell practices for every student, feedback to parents on how to up child's potential, to dishing out past year's papers as revision n preps for the real big thing and more. Parents are also informed six months in advance of topics tt wud be taught n tested and all the dates for all school events, closures, exams etc. Yes, we receive a memo calendar of everything plus a thick wad of curriculum planning and all parents/students need to know what will be covered/tested at the beginning of the year n after school reopens aft the June hols. Parents are not required/expected to prep the children at all as all the teachers do everything and even inculcate in them tt the responsibility to study, do homework, finish assignments are entirely the students', not the parents. Parents work, care for the family n home and children go to school to study hard.

        Knowing how tough papers are set for Rulang students, i thought i could help to dig, thinking I still had tt huge stack of P1 past year's papers chucked somewhere, I offered to check for u guys but realized I must've sold them away to hoard other stuff. :oops:

        With regards to not having much luck with Rulang papers with vendors, it probably has something to do with intellectual property rights bah... but tts just my guess. Cos perhaps Rulang wants to keep their content within themselves so tt only their Rulang students will have the edge in order to protect the best interests of the school, parents n also students. Rulang is after all the top school in Jurong. :salute:

        All my best wishes for all Rulang students for the coming big exams.. :grphug: Sorry I couldn't be of much help. 😞

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • jedamumJ Offline
          jedamum
          last edited by

          buds:

          My deepest apologies, ladies... I recall tt my dd did Rulang Maths papers (not sure which year) and said it was very hard as many concepts/topics have not been taught by her school/teacher.
          hi buds. πŸ˜„
          my boy did Rulang past year paper last year (P2/2009 papers) and fare not so well too. πŸ˜“

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • B Offline
            buds
            last edited by

            Hi jedamum, same here. She left those topics not covered by her school blank and told me to just teach her after marking everything. She just wanted to see how much she scored if left at that. I think she managed to get a 79. πŸ˜“ Then she said to herself, \"Was that the toughest paper I've done or what? I definitely need a break now..\" (heaving a big sigh)

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • L Offline
              Lock
              last edited by

              So far, my son (P2) does not have much difficulty doing the Rulang Maths exam papers. I agree that the questions were difficult but my son was 'taught' and exposed to those questions in class. Weeks before exams, the teachers will give many practice papers (worksheets) for them to practise. Questions found in exam papers are those found on the practice papers. So, I don't agree that the kids were not be prepared to handle the tough questions.


              Eg: the chicken's and cows' legs question. He was 1st exposed to this qn with a 2 pg worksheet where the steps to the solution were very clearly explained to them (they have a mtd and dun use guess and check like most schs), after that there's a follow-up with a few worksheets of the similar questions for practice and recently I see the questions again in his e-learning. Hence, now my son can solve such question with ease.

              I remember I had to teach my daughter the same type of question when she was in P3 as it came out in her exam but prior to that she was not exposed at all.

              No doubt, Rulang papers are tough but so far, my son's teachers have prepared them before exam. So far, I have not come across any exam questions that surprised me as I've seen them in his practice work before. πŸ™‚

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • L Offline
                Lock
                last edited by

                I feel that Rulang has prepared my son very well for exam. Till date he has written on aveg 1 compo fortnightly and has filled up 1 exercise bk already, whereas my dd (in another sch) only managed 2-3 in the whole year. There will be many practice papers to be done before exam and they dun cram that in days before exam, the papers were spread out over the weeks before exams. So, actually I am happy with the way Rulang has prepared my son academically.


                So far, till date, I dun need to send my son for any tuition, other than Chinese as we dun speak the language at home and I am unable to revise with him. πŸ™‚

                I was given the topics and areas to be tested for CA and SA, percentage, components for all subjects in the beginning of the year. We even have the whole year's schedule printed in the handbk and they rarely make changes. On the whole, I feel Rulang is very systematic and organised. (I can compare cos my dd is from another sch and all these were not provided till nearer exam dates)

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • starlight1968sgS Offline
                  starlight1968sg
                  last edited by

                  Lock,

                  Well said and a very good sharing from you who has 2 kids but in different schools and thus can make a comparison between the schools.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • phtthpP Offline
                    phtthp
                    last edited by

                    Rulang has Parents Support group or those SFE meetings ?


                    do they meet up each month, networking ?
                    if Yes, perhaps can attend PSG / SFE - get to know some parents there (those 1 or 2 yrs older than yr child), borrow their child’s past year Rulang papers and zap ?

                    sometimes i go Bras Basah complex - ground floor hidden at one corner that is this shop that sells 2nd hand assessment & guide books, past year papers. Maybe can ask shop owner - if they happen to sell Rulang past papers ?

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • phtthpP Offline
                      phtthp
                      last edited by

                      deleted

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • phtthpP Offline
                        phtthp
                        last edited by

                        deleted

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 103
                        • 104
                        • 105
                        • 106
                        • 107
                        • 162
                        • 163
                        • 105 / 163
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy