West Grove Primary
-
Giggler1, since the decision is coming from your DD its ok not to write the GEP exam. We cannot force kids to write any exams if they are not willing whole heartedly.
But pls do tell her not to say that she is not gifted/intelligence. Academic performance is not the only measure of intelligence. She could be gifted in music/dance/arts and many more things to enlist.
Most of all, she is gods gift to you
My daughter decided to write the GEP exam. I am not preparing her and will just allow her to attend as per her wish and reflect on the experience.
I think she is just curious about the the GEP exam as she heard a lot about.
I have explained to her that there is no obligation for her to sit for exam or need to pass the exam. So she should not feel dejected if she is not selected.
But being a mother, I know my dd will be a bit disappointed if she cannot clear the exam. Anyway failure/success is part and parcel of life. Better get used to it
-
My dd best friend told her that her mother wants her to get into gifted program, so my dd also wants to try. I did not prepare her just tell her to try her best and most important not to make careless mistakes. I know she will be very disappointed if she didn’t get in but I think it’s an experience for her.
BTW, you means the school starts getting students to sign up for the gifted program test? -
well, my DD got a letter from school mentioned the GEP exam dates…sorry don’t remember exactly…
Not sure this means DD is already signed up? she was not given any form to fill up though… -
OIC, thanks mother777!
Will check with DD tonight. -
I will post the GEP dates later on after going home… haven’t noted down myself…
will just let my kid try…even though she loves to rush and be careless…
let her have an experience to see how many kids are writing the exams…it should be good exposure… -
Hi, just got back my dd’s latest topical assessment results for Maths.
Really disappointing…
Any of you has recommendation for Maths tutor? Someone who know how to explain the concept to the kid?
I find my dd is very poor with grasping concepts. -
Hi giggler1,
After coming to P3 my DD1 is also facing the same issue especially for maths. I was also feeling very disappointed with her recent test results…
As such she is quite OK with maths…bit shocked when saw the kind of funny mistakes she is making recently.
I am going to sit with her and spend some time to explain the concepts… especially where she always makes mistake.
The best part is, at home she is able to solve most of the questions…but in exam same questions she will do wrongly…
Not sure she is panicking in exams or just rush through without understanding the question…or is it just stress (her class is completing maths very fast and gets loads of homework each day!!)…
No choice… have to nip this issue before it grows…maths will become tougher and tougher as kids progress to further levels… -
I’m still thinking how to help her with her issues.
Most probably I’ll work on her foundation first. -
My DD no problem with math but always makes careless mistakes. So far she can score quite well so not so worry. Now just worry on her science. Mother777, how do you normally revise science with your DD?
-
Hi catddy2002,
I am just using assessment books to test my DD’s knowledge of different topic.
her class not much homework for science and so far no tests also…
I am just letting her do the worksheets and then check. Any answer which is wrong, I ask her why she choose that option and then explain why it is wrong…
this is how I am doing at present, since DD1 is my first child am not much experienced in science…
trial and error so far…
how about you?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login