Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Hong Wen

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    2.9k Posts 174 Posters 727.4k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • tankeeT Offline
      tankee
      last edited by

      didn't you go visit the school during the orientatio? :?



      :welcome: to KSP Astro_Mum, jo_chua_lim and bumbum

      could you all please go to Newbies to self-intro and allow us to warmly welcome you? πŸ˜„

      http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewforum.php?f=28

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • D Offline
        dimension
        last edited by

        Hi parents of Hong Wen kids πŸ˜ƒ

        i’m hoping to get my gal into this school eventually.
        can share how difficult was it to get your kids in?
        did you have to ballot/PV etc?
        how you find the school so far?

        thanks

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • C Offline
          celinequek
          last edited by

          dimension:
          Hi parents of Hong Wen kids πŸ˜ƒ

          i'm hoping to get my gal into this school eventually.
          can share how difficult was it to get your kids in?
          did you have to ballot/PV etc?
          how you find the school so far?

          thanks
          Hi dimension, I've 2 girls in HWS, P2 & P4. My elder one went thru' phase 2C balloting (within 2km) to get a place, I remembered there were 4 rejected applications. My elder one feels the study stress only this year when she is in P4 with more homework & tests. Overall, they like the school very much.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • D Offline
            dimension
            last edited by

            Thanks thats good to know πŸ˜ƒ

            wondering now in the new location is it easier or harder to get in?

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • A Offline
              Astro Mum
              last edited by

              Personally I feel that the old location at Lavendar is more accessible than the current one. I had my primary education there and I always took a bus (opp. the school) home. Although there is MRT (Boon Keng) and bus (no. 21), both are not very near to the school. I have tried walking from the MRT to the school and almost gave up. Luckily my husband drives my son to school in the morning and he takes a school bus back.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • P Offline
                pinchmycheeks
                last edited by

                Hello everyone,


                Any tips on how difficult it is for mainly english speaking kids to adjust to SAP schools like Hong Wen?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • H Offline
                  HTCblues
                  last edited by

                  Hi ,


                  Anyone know whether HW has parent volunteering?

                  I'm staying within 2km. i think should belong to group 2C.

                  Does my kid secure a place? he is registering this year. :roll:

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • H Offline
                    hquek
                    last edited by

                    HTCblues:
                    Hi ,


                    Anyone know whether HW has parent volunteering?

                    I'm staying within 2km. i think should belong to group 2C.

                    Does my kid secure a place? he is registering this year. :roll:
                    Hi HTCblues,

                    Yes, HW has parent volunteers - I was one of them. I think this took off in the year they were about to move. PV work was quite competitive in that any work advertised was quickly taken up - but not sure when their kids are registering.

                    Based on last 2 years' results, I think you may be up against some competition. There were balloting within 1KM under phase 2C - seems like demand for the school had picked up after their move (greater catchment area, plus new facilities).

                    If you are staying 1-2KM, I strongly encourage you to cater for plan B in case there is balloting within 1KM cos you would not even be eligible to participate in the ballot.

                    But then, there is always surprises....so if there is no balloting at 2C, I won't be surprised either. All the best!

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • H Offline
                      HTCblues
                      last edited by

                      hquek:
                      Hi HTCblues,


                      Yes, HW has parent volunteers - I was one of them. I think this took off in the year they were about to move. PV work was quite competitive in that any work advertised was quickly taken up - but not sure when their kids are registering.

                      Based on last 2 years' results, I think you may be up against some competition. There were balloting within 1KM under phase 2C - seems like demand for the school had picked up after their move (greater catchment area, plus new facilities).

                      If you are staying 1-2KM, I strongly encourage you to cater for plan B in case there is balloting within 1KM cos you would not even be eligible to participate in the ballot.

                      But then, there is always surprises....so if there is no balloting at 2C, I won't be surprised either. All the best!
                      Hi hquek,

                      Thanks alot for the info.
                      I think i will callup quickly to findout from the school.

                      I also remember seeing somewhere in the forum, low in birth rate in year 2004. cross my fingers :xedfingers:

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • P Offline
                        PEL
                        last edited by

                        Hi HTCblues,


                        For PV you need to register with the school 1 yr before the registering of Pr 1. I’m the PV of HW and my girl is registering for her pr 1 in Yr 2011. Just registered with HW as PV last month and done my first PV yesterday. Need to clock in 40hrs. For form can download fr the sch website.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 4
                        • 5
                        • 6
                        • 293
                        • 294
                        • 4 / 294
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy