Fairfield Methodist Primary
-
Hi parent
Sorry. I wanted to check if anyone know of any transport arrangement to go from Bukit purmei to Fairfield… I called the school bus and they told me it has to be 5.50am. Many thanks for your advice. -
Hi,
I am not affiliated to FMP in any way and from the exchanges on the forum here and there, it seems to be a good school. Is there any parent whom I can connect to to understand the recent situation of FMP? I do live within 1 km of FMP but given that I am not an alumnus, or community leader etc, I guess this puts me at phase 2C? -
Hi everyone, I’m currently a member of a methodist church but do not stay within 2km within Fairfield methodist primary school. Will my chance be high for my child to get into this school? Thanks!
-
Jono\" post_id=\"2042789\" time=\"1634565346\" user_id=\"195442:
With the reduced vacancies for 2B, most probably no chance for >2km. Find another school.
Hi everyone, I'm currently a member of a methodist church but do not stay within 2km within Fairfield methodist primary school. Will my chance be high for my child to get into this school? Thanks! -
Hi,
Would like to check if we are former fmps students and hence will be part of of phase 2A, what are the chances of getting in if we are not staying <1km? -
Stefbunz\" post_id=\"2054420\" time=\"1641137465\" user_id=\"170944:
I took a peek at the last 2 years’ data, chances seems high but there might be slight risk of balloting due to the latest changes to the Primary 1 (P1) Registration Framework, starting 2022.
Hi,
Would like to check if we are former fmps students and hence will be part of of phase 2A, what are the chances of getting in if we are not staying <1km?
The changes…. “The increase in reserved places for Phase 2C (from 20 to 40) will result in fewer places in earlier phases.”
For the last 2 years, phrase b+c has about 47 to 52 seats but from 2022 onwards, phrase b+c will need to set aside 60 seats, this equates to 8-13 less seats for phrase A. For parents who applied in the years before 2020, everyone from phrase 2A got in.
So it depends on how great the demand is.. -
Stefbunz\" post_id=\"2054420\" time=\"1641137465\" user_id=\"170944:
If we remove 20 places from Phase 2A, in our simulation, Fairfield Methodist would have required balloting in the last 2 years, or 3 out of the last 5 years. The oversubscription was minor, around 19% but it is moving higher from the 13% in 2020.
Hi,
Would like to check if we are former fmps students and hence will be part of of phase 2A, what are the chances of getting in if we are not staying <1km?
So, I suspect Fairfield will require balloting in Phase 2A this year. As to where the balloting might occur, I have no idea. Hopefully, it will remain low and for those >2km away. -
Stefbunz\" post_id=\"2054420\" time=\"1641137465\" user_id=\"170944:
Yes, I feel the same way as Chief.
Hi,
Would like to check if we are former fmps students and hence will be part of of phase 2A, what are the chances of getting in if we are not staying <1km?
Balloting 1 person out for every 9-10 applicants, likely for >2km for P2A. Chances still high though. -
Davischew\" post_id=\"2042877\" time=\"1634640716\" user_id=\"132882:
The other alternative is Henry Park.
With the reduced vacancies for 2B, most probably no chance for >2km. Find another school.
Will my chances increase by alot if I move within one KM from the school? Since the vacancies are increased for 2C. -
Hi everyone. New here. In last 3 years Fairfield in 2C had ballot for SC<1. Assuming same situation this year, this means SC>1 (we are 1-2km) has NO CHANCE. Right? Thanks!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login