Nan Chiau Primary
-
mc_007:
based on the book list, seems like E,F,G are the top class for P5...but 27 Dec is really llat. ..need to buy book 2 time
I don't think E,F,G would be the top class.. probably the foundation class. -
I am of the opinion that A, B, C, D, F classes are for the majority who takes up 4S or 4S + HMT (regardless of whether they are being recommended by school or parents’ choice); but I wouldn’t say the rest are foundation classes. To me, it is more like, one class might be weaker in Math, and another weaker in Science (and they can still be 4S classes), hence the class specific books are used for targeted learning.
I appreciate that the school has taken time to meticulously plan the classes as such so that targeted learning is possible. -
Vevey:
It's tempting but not much pt if not suitable for e kids' level. Either increase boredom or stress unnec.
BlueBells:
agreed. Leaning is not just about throwing some \"chim chim\" stuff to the pupils and think that the results will be good.I appreciate that the school has taken time to meticulously plan the classes as such so that targeted learning is possible.
I also appreciate schools that take time to meticulously plan the classes to make targeted learning possible. -
Is this e 1st time sch is streaming p5 this way n this late in class allocation?
During principal’s p3 briefing earlier this yr, we were told of p5 streaming process but don’t think timeline was mentioned.
Hope the timeline n process will improve! -
P5 are usually streamed according 4S + HMT / 4S / combination of S + F subjects, but I have no idea if it was streamed so meticulously, because usually, the children were informed of which activity / extra assessment books to purchase when school reopens. It is the first time I see it all stated in the booklist like this year’s.
I was told P5 class posting was also late December last year. -
Any parents can share on CCAs in NCPS? What are those that your DS and DD are taking?
-
MeiZi:
Any parents can share on CCAs in NCPS? What are those that your DS and DD are taking?
This year my girl in p3 and she was selected for choir . Teacher will hand her form to request her parents for allowing them to join a not. What I understand different class different CCA teacher will come forward to ask students to joins. After approving from parents , my DD still have to go for another round of selection on the first day of the Choir CCA. They are being tested on thier voice and which group they belong to. e.g soprano etc...
Her friend in another class was asked to join track and field, basketball .
-
^ i wonder if i can get DD exempted from CCA if she is already taking another sport outside. In fact from the school’s website, i see that the school has won in events like golf and synchronised swimming which i doubt is part of the school’s CCA.
-
b2b3m4:
^ i wonder if i can get DD exempted from CCA if she is already taking another sport outside. In fact from the school's website, i see that the school has won in events like golf and synchronised swimming which i doubt is part of the school's CCA.
I think is compulsory when your child reach P4 for joining at least a CCA in school. Not alumni.(Not included as school CCA). -
sc88:
Not compulsory although school highly recommend students to have at least one cca.b2b3m4:
^ i wonder if i can get DD exempted from CCA if she is already taking another sport outside. In fact from the school's website, i see that the school has won in events like golf and synchronised swimming which i doubt is part of the school's CCA.
I think is compulsory when your child reach P4 for joining at least a CCA in school. Not alumni.(Not included as school CCA).
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login