Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Nan Chiau Primary

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    3.3k Posts 171 Posters 1.0m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • B Offline
      BlueBells
      last edited by

      Forgot to add-on, on the day of purchasing textbooks, uniforms and shoes, that will probably set you back by about S$400, depending on how many set of uniforms, PE attires and shoes / socks you plan to purchase.


      PE is usually 3 times a week (so far, I have not seen 2 periods of PE in a day).

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • S Offline
        sysherlene
        last edited by

        Thanks alot BlueBells, this is really valuable information. So we will be receiving letters to inform us on the dates to buy uniforms and textbooks? The only thing I have now is the carbon copy of the application form indicating the orientation date only.


        I will be glad that if I do not need to get everything (like purchase books and uniforms) on orientation day. Would like to enjoy surveying and learn more valuable information about the school on orientation day itself.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • T Offline
          tweety17
          last edited by

          Hi BlueBells, what are the school hours for P1? Is it the same throughout from Mon - Fri? Cos, i heard other schools have reading time etc. and the students need to be in school much earlier. Thanks in advance for your kind help ๐Ÿ™‚

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • L Offline
            lwm99
            last edited by

            For NCPS, all days will end at 6.30pm except Wednesday which is 6.00pm.


            Not including bus fare, I donโ€™t think you need $400 to buy uniforms and books. More like in the $200 range.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • S Offline
              sysherlene
              last edited by

              Thanks for the information lwm99, ๐Ÿ˜„


              I know there is a student care centre nearby, think it's Agape. Any comments / feedback for this student care centre? I might have to put my son there next year.

              Thanks!!

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • T Offline
                tweety17
                last edited by

                Hi lwm99,


                thanks for the info. Can you please advise what time they need to be in school everyday ?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • G Offline
                  gerre_tcy
                  last edited by

                  I have read the posting under this thread \"Parents' Networking Group\", may I know all of you mentioning of balloting, are you all staying within 1km?

                  :?

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • P Offline
                    Positive
                    last edited by

                    gerre_tcy:
                    I have read the posting under this thread \"Parents' Networking Group\", may I know all of you mentioning of balloting, are you all staying within 1km?

                    :?
                    Hi, I'm staying within 1km of NCPS.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • I Offline
                      Irene Ng
                      last edited by

                      MeiZi:
                      Welcome onboard Irene ^v^


                      I am also 'excited' in a way on the orientation. Can't imagine you must have been on your toes during the balloting.

                      As seen from the older posts, seems like we should be receiving some instructions from the school before the actual orientation date (um ....)

                      Should you received any letter or whatever from them, could you leave a post here too?

                      You know, last week I got a call from them as they received a bounced mail on their letter to me. It was a bursary letter sent to all parents and you guess what? They handwritten my address wrongly thus the letter did not reach me. They called to apologise and also at the same time asked me on my response as it was too late for them to post the letter again. I told them to be careful as it may be important document to us and verified that they have my records correctly. So you see, human-error (phew!)
                      Hi Mei Zi,
                      I also received the bursary letter, but i not entitled to apply for it.
                      BTW, the P1 orientation is on 30/11, 9am. They will brief us what to get and which class our kid will be going into. I called up the 3G abacus and they will have orientation at school on that day, they will start intake children on that day. If you interested, you can take alook.
                      i personally feel that after my duagthter attended the 3G abacus for 1.5yrs, her maths is quite good.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • I Offline
                        Irene Ng
                        last edited by

                        Positive:
                        Hi, I'm staying within 1km of NCPS.

                        Me too. The balloting was conducted in the school compound and we are lucky to get a seats in NCPS.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 4
                        • 5
                        • 6
                        • 7
                        • 325
                        • 326
                        • 5 / 326
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy