Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Nan Chiau Primary

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    3.3k Posts 171 Posters 1.0m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • L Offline
      lynntan15
      last edited by

      Vevey:
      Hi Lynn,

      Yours is 1.5hrs?
      yes. 8pm to 9.30pm.

      Who is your Coach? I forgetten my Coach name.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • S Offline
        sweetpea
        last edited by

        Hi,

        Anyone has 2011 NCPS school calender of events? I know for some primary schools, they have a school diary with all the dates included. Not sure if NCPS has something similar? I am looking specifically for dates of school closure or dates where the P1 do not have to go to school eg PSLE marking day, PSLE orals etc. Need to plan leave. Thanks!

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • T Offline
          timtim
          last edited by

          Just curious, do you all aware that school starts on 4 Jan and not 3 Jan 11 (Mon)? Below is from MOE website. I only get to know it only when I visited MOE web sometime back. We were not informed during Orientation Day, which I thought is important. I’m more surprised that many parents I talked to were not aware, even Polaris Student Care is not aware!! But the info is on MOE web, why MOE never get the school to inform parents?? I’m not surprised if students turn up for school on 3 Jan since it’s not a public holiday (probably MOE make-up for their teachers as 1 Jan falls on Sat).


          I will call NCPS on Mon just to confirm it.


          School Terms for 2011

          Semester 1
          Term 1 Tuesday 4th January to Friday 11th March
          Term 2 Monday 21st March to Friday 27th May

          Semester 2
          Term 3 Monday 27th June to Friday 2nd September
          Term 4 Monday 12th September to Friday 18th November

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • S Offline
            Suaku_mum
            last edited by

            timtim:
            Just curious, do you all aware that school starts on 4 Jan and not 3 Jan 11 (Mon)? Below is from MOE website. I only get to know it only when I visited MOE web sometime back. We were not informed during Orientation Day, which I thought is important. I'm more surprised that many parents I talked to were not aware, even Polaris Student Care is not aware!! But the info is on MOE web, why MOE never get the school to inform parents?? I'm not surprised if students turn up for school on 3 Jan since it's not a public holiday (probably MOE make-up for their teachers as 1 Jan falls on Sat).


            I will call NCPS on Mon just to confirm it.


            School Terms for 2011

            Semester 1
            Term 1 Tuesday 4th January to Friday 11th March
            Term 2 Monday 21st March to Friday 27th May

            Semester 2
            Term 3 Monday 27th June to Friday 2nd September
            Term 4 Monday 12th September to Friday 18th November
            Thanks so much for the info, I din know sch starts on 4 Jan instead of 3 Jan! I can imagine the embarassment if I bring DS to school on Mon and realised it's closed :oops:

            Btw, we only need to pack pencil case, water bottle to school on Day 1 or there are more to bring?

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • T Offline
              timtim
              last edited by

              Suaku_mum:
              timtim:

              Just curious, do you all aware that school starts on 4 Jan and not 3 Jan 11 (Mon)? Below is from MOE website. I only get to know it only when I visited MOE web sometime back. We were not informed during Orientation Day, which I thought is important. I'm more surprised that many parents I talked to were not aware, even Polaris Student Care is not aware!! But the info is on MOE web, why MOE never get the school to inform parents?? I'm not surprised if students turn up for school on 3 Jan since it's not a public holiday (probably MOE make-up for their teachers as 1 Jan falls on Sat).


              I will call NCPS on Mon just to confirm it.


              School Terms for 2011

              Semester 1
              Term 1 Tuesday 4th January to Friday 11th March
              Term 2 Monday 21st March to Friday 27th May

              Semester 2
              Term 3 Monday 27th June to Friday 2nd September
              Term 4 Monday 12th September to Friday 18th November

              Thanks so much for the info, I din know sch starts on 4 Jan instead of 3 Jan! I can imagine the embarassment if I bring DS to school on Mon and realised it's closed :oops:

              Btw, we only need to pack pencil case, water bottle to school on Day 1 or there are more to bring?

              Other than that, unless more instructions from sch, can bring along 1 or 2 story books πŸ˜„

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • S Offline
                sc88
                last edited by

                timtim:
                Suaku_mum:

                [quote=\"timtim\"]Just curious, do you all aware that school starts on 4 Jan and not 3 Jan 11 (Mon)? Below is from MOE website. I only get to know it only when I visited MOE web sometime back. We were not informed during Orientation Day, which I thought is important. I'm more surprised that many parents I talked to were not aware, even Polaris Student Care is not aware!! But the info is on MOE web, why MOE never get the school to inform parents?? I'm not surprised if students turn up for school on 3 Jan since it's not a public holiday (probably MOE make-up for their teachers as 1 Jan falls on Sat).


                I will call NCPS on Mon just to confirm it.


                School Terms for 2011

                Semester 1
                Term 1 Tuesday 4th January to Friday 11th March
                Term 2 Monday 21st March to Friday 27th May

                Semester 2
                Term 3 Monday 27th June to Friday 2nd September
                Term 4 Monday 12th September to Friday 18th November

                Thanks so much for the info, I din know sch starts on 4 Jan instead of 3 Jan! I can imagine the embarassment if I bring DS to school on Mon and realised it's closed :oops:

                Btw, we only need to pack pencil case, water bottle to school on Day 1 or there are more to bring?

                Other than that, unless more instructions from sch, can bring along 1 or 2 story books :D[/quote]
                Every Mon-Wed is English story book, Thurs-Fri is chinese story book. πŸ˜„

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • S Offline
                  Suaku_mum
                  last edited by

                  sc88:
                  timtim:

                  [quote=\"Suaku_mum\"]
                  Thanks so much for the info, I din know sch starts on 4 Jan instead of 3 Jan! I can imagine the embarassment if I bring DS to school on Mon and realised it's closed :oops:

                  Btw, we only need to pack pencil case, water bottle to school on Day 1 or there are more to bring?

                  Other than that, unless more instructions from sch, can bring along 1 or 2 story books πŸ˜„


                  Every Mon-Wed is English story book, Thurs-Fri is chinese story book. :D[/quote]Thanks for the info πŸ˜„

                  My DS will be in Polaris as well, I am thinking to watch him from far as the centre walk them to school on 4 Jan. Or shall I just send DS to sch myself on the big day instead?

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • B Offline
                    b2b3m4
                    last edited by

                    Eh? Confirmed 4th Jan?? I took leave and was all prepared for 3rd. Gosh! Thanks for the update. My dd also with Polaris, she will start this wednesday.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • S Offline
                      sc88
                      last edited by

                      b2b3m4:
                      Eh? Confirmed 4th Jan?? I took leave and was all prepared for 3rd. Gosh! Thanks for the update. My dd also with Polaris, she will start this wednesday.

                      Confirmed. πŸ˜„ .My girl next year will be in Pri 2. Their notice also printed wrongly and I called in the admin side and she confirmed too is on the 4th Jan 2011.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • L Offline
                        lynntan15
                        last edited by

                        sc88:

                        Confirmed. πŸ˜„ .My girl next year will be in Pri 2. Their notice also printed wrongly and I called in the admin side and she confirmed too is on the 4th Jan 2011.
                        Yes. I called the school and confirm is on the 4 Jan.

                        I thought I missed out on school opening date during the Orientation. :lol: :lol:

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 68
                        • 69
                        • 70
                        • 71
                        • 72
                        • 325
                        • 326
                        • 70 / 326
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        8

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy