Yangzheng Primary
-
I checked the PSLE results of YZPS for the past few years, did not find any score at 271? Did I get it wrong?
-
dragonflow:
The previous post with corrections.I got my DD into YZPS for P1 in 2012 under 2A yesterday.
I looked around the school:
- the compound is not too big, but of reasonable size.
- kids playing and running around waiting for their afternoon badminton session, their behavior seems ok.
- when I talked to a couple of staff, they sound friendly and helpful.
- understand that they have no firm date for the single session, reducing the no. of classes for P1 is probably getting ready for this.
- with the reduction of one class (30 seats) for next year (yr 2012), seats may be tighter for phase 2C as the previous 2 years there are only 6 (yr 2010) and 7 (yr 2009) left for phase 2C Supp.
- the school has been reducing the no. of classes in the past years, if they do so in 2013, the school might have to do ballot for phase 2c, i guess.
- I happened to talk to another parent registering for her son, she showed me her daughter (graduated and now in RGS) PSLE results (I did not get to see the year) at 271. She commented the quality of her teachers is very good... (of course, if not how to get such high scores) -
I believe many apply for the school mainly because it is the only mixed school around the housing estate.
-
There are 5 primary schools zoned under Serangoon (according to MOE).
CHIJ Our Lady of Good Counsel
Rosyth School
St. Gabriel’s Primary School
Yangzheng Primary School
Zhonghua Primary School
Rosyth, Yangzheng and Zhonghua are all mixed schools. Of course Rosyth is a SAP school and the most popular in this area.
So far for phase 2b as at 14 Jul 2011:
Rosyth has 25 vacancies
Yangzheng has 39 vacancies
CHIJ OLGC has 45 vacancies
St. Gabriel has 50 vacancies
Zhonghua has 80 vancancies
The rest of the school, except Rosyth (phase 2b will most likely to be fully enrolled), will have more vacancies if the seats are not fully taken up at phase 2b. -
Anyone knows when the school is going single session. Are they shifting to a temp site first?
-
dragonflow:
Anyone knows when the school is going single session. Are they shifting to a temp site first?
they are reducing enrolment size to go single session. -
Thanks.
The school has been reducing the classes in recent years. This year is at 7 classes and next year will start at 6 classes.
I heard the school hours is still the same next year. P1 and P2 for afternoon session and the rest for morning session. However, there is a morning session on Wed for P1 and P2. So 4 afternoon session and 1 morning session in a week for them.
There is a high possibility of going to all morning session in the year 2013 (this I heard from one parent I talked to at school). Any parents out there to verify this? -
Now Yangzheng have only 67 vacancies left for 2C phrase. Can any one share from the past history what is the ratio of applicants within 1 km, 1-2 km and beyond 2 km ?
-
For the previous 2 years (2010 and 2009), there are more than 100 applicants for phase 2c.
Looking at this year’s number for phase 2c, I think there will be no phase 2c supp for the school.
So far, the school did not officially release any information regarding the distance categories for phase 2c applicants. Some schools do post these past information on their websites.
My guess is that for those applicants within 1 km will definitely get a place, those applicants within 1 to 2 km will have a high chance to get a place too. As for those who stay beyond 2km may have to ballot if the application number for phase 2c is similar to the past 2 years.
If the school reduce the number further to 5 classes in year 2013 (I hope not), then it will be even be tougher. I see some schools offering only 120/150 seats for primary one. -
By the way, there is a good website to check regarding past years enrolment data.
http://www.elite.com.sg
But you need to use a facebook account to validate and look at the statistics.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login