Kheng Cheng
-
Yes, thank you. silly me. I just found it after flipping through her books after seeing the new timetable.
As for the classrooms, I still have no clue which level or corner or direction her classroom is. I should have taken the chance to explore during 14 Nov last year.
I was looking forward to spending her first few days of P1 with her till I saw the programme listed for us. It was quite off my expectations thus the disappointment. Hope KC school will turn out to be fun for my DD eventually. -
Oh, u also got new timetable. I thought only my kid’s class has a revised one.
P1 is on level two. Up the staircase nearest to the GO, on level two, the few classrooms nearby are the p1 classrooms.
How’s your dd feeling now?
She ok with her recess food, lessons etc?
My kid is adapting. -
I think she’s ok albeit tired of lesser sleep.
Today they will start to buy food from canteen and my dd still clueless about value of money. -
I have got someone to help me with the watsapp chat group. It’s now up. If you have a kid (or more!) in p1, you are most welcome to join in. Please pm your mobile number and the class of your kid.
As the group gets bigger, I think eventually the parents of the same class may create their own groups (for each class).
Just in case you miss out -
1. PAL starts from 2 feb
2. Spelling starts next week. There will be 7 spellings in t1.
3. Bring Word bank book to school. -
Received student handbook already.
One more parent from p1 came forward to join the watsapp group. Yeah! -
Hi my son in p1 at kheng cheng. Im shocked they have maths and spelling test just nxt week :slapshead: ive yet to teach my son kinda lost where to begin. Help needed pls!! :?: My son doesnt know how to read yet either.. im finding a tutor for him does it help?? :scratchhead:
-
Hopes to get help from kheng cheng parents soon.. how do u train your kids to read? Or leant how to spell a word?? :?:
-
Try reading a simple storybook with him and make it more lively with sounds and gestures. Role playing during stories will help to keep his attention in the story.
Or read a short story to him before sleep. Let him get used to hearing stories and then see the stories and pictues from the books himself -
Hi Mizdior~
Perhaps u might wanna consider sending him for phonics enrichment classes? Or try out flash cards with him?
Or borrow the \"I Can Read\" series of storybooks and read it with him.
Or play word games:
Write down each alphabet on a small piece of paper or card.
Then try making rhyming words with him eg:
\"H-at\", then switch \"H\" to \"S\" and becomes \"S-at\" etc..
Hope this helps
-
Dear parents, care to share how you find the school so far? Are the teachers patient and dedicated? How is the principal?? Truly appreciate your input as I’m thinking to place my son there next year. Many thanks in advance!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login