Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Maris Stella High

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    3.7k Posts 428 Posters 1.2m Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • B Offline
      bigfoot
      last edited by

      cherrygal:
      Still got many tests counted for CA and SA leh... No proper exam as in sit in hall kind but still very assessment focused. They just had their listening compre test and it was a surprise test! There's also creative writing and Show n Tell... I am getting stressed up... :roll:

      Don't get so stress up over all these. There is no point losing sleep over it. Let's put it this way. If you are unprepared for all these, so are all the other parents. We arre all in the same boat. ๐Ÿ™‚

      I agree that it is not easy to keep track of all the things (such as surprise LC, show and tell, spellings, etc) that are happening in the school. Sometime I also wish to have CA instead of all these mini assessments. But if we look at the rationale behind these implementation, it is for the good of our kids. Let them enjoy school first. What is more worrying for me is how my DS adapt to this new learning environment. How did he interact with his friends? Did he even make any friends?

      Anyway, Happy New Year to you all. I am thankful to have found my way into this forum. If not, my son would not even in MSH now. ๐Ÿ™‚

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • B Offline
        bigfoot
        last edited by

        SSmama:
        So far from the info from sch, there is no CA1, but there is SA1, CA2 and SA2.


        It appears there's no formal SA1 as in the boys sit down for an hr or so to do a paper. Rather there're quizzes (3 for Maths I believe), tingxie/spelling where they take the best 4 (?) out of 6 tests, unit tests etc...

        The one I'm most concerned about is Chinese cos my ds is a real kantang...Thank God the show and tell is only in Term3. For now I just need him to recognise and read aloud his HYPY--there's an oral activity in Term 1 and another in Term 2.
        Hi SSmama, I think you are right about the Ting Xie. At least that is what I remember from the parents meeting.

        My DS was also kantang. Listening to him speaking chinese, I can laugh off my chair sometimes. But I tried not to cause he will be very upset. ๐Ÿ˜›
        I'm worried about the show and tell too. We are trying to correct his C and CH, S and SH, Z and ZH. Then the PA and BA, SI and SHI he also pronounce the same way. Sigh. Seem like we have to speak more chinese at home. Any idea what this oral activity is like? My DS did not mention anything about it.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • S Offline
          SSmama
          last edited by

          [quote]Hi SSmama, I think you are right about the Ting Xie. At least that is what I remember from the parents meeting.


          My DS was also kantang. Listening to him speaking chinese, I can laugh off my chair sometimes. But I tried not to cause he will be very upset. ๐Ÿ˜›
          I'm worried about the show and tell too. We are trying to correct his C and CH, S and SH, Z and ZH. Then the PA and BA, SI and SHI he also pronounce the same way. Sigh. Seem like we have to speak more chinese at home. Any idea what this oral activity is like? My DS did not mention anything about it.[/quote]Hihi, I also have to bite my tongue when DS speaks cos his tones are all wrong. Right now that's causing him to lose marks in tingxie cos he guesses the tones--it's like an additional 'thing' to remember on top of the letters.

          If I'm not wrong, the oral activity is reading and recognising HYPY for Term 1 and self-introduction in Term 2. Show and tell is Term 3, plenty of time to prepare :)[/quote]

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • S Offline
            SSmama
            last edited by

            2DMommy:
            SSmama:

            Hi there,


            Has anyone received the P1 English spelling list for the next few weeks? or is there no spelling next week....

            My ds received his Unit 2 - Part 1 & 2 Spelling list last Friday. You can also download from AsknLearn portal.

            Thanks! I just got it on Tuesday. My DS quite blur and I wouldn't be surprised if it was lying around in desk before he stuck it into the jotter book!

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • 2 Offline
              24hr-mum
              last edited by

              any improvement in the catered food?

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • S Offline
                SPIES
                last edited by

                24hr-mum:
                any improvement in the catered food?

                Not really. They gave 2 slices of oranges for fruits and no drinks.

                Still waiting for their revised menu. Most likely will stop catering food cos the rice portion they give is a bit too much for my son. He always throw away so quite wasteful.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • 2 Offline
                  24hr-mum
                  last edited by

                  can ask him give some rice to his friends

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • K Offline
                    kancheong mum
                    last edited by

                    IMHO, the food has improved. The kids already have water bottles so I feel there's no need to give more drinks. Two slices of orange is better than the processed snacks they were giving at the beginning of the year. I hope to see more veggies on the food, that's all... ๐Ÿ˜„

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • S Offline
                      SPIES
                      last edited by

                      reply from the school:


                      "With effect from 7 Feb (Mon), the improved menu was rolled out. Basically, the main items did not change.

                      However, we have removed the drinks and included substantial portions of fruits for everydayโ€™s menu. Also, we have communicated with Nonya Manis to make sure that the quality of food served (in terms of portions and quantities of the ingredients) are met.

                      Currently we are still finalising the main menu for the 4 weeks, and are observing the quality of the food served for this week. We hope to release the improved menu by next week after all the feedback is collated for this week. We will publish the new menu in our school website then. "


                      They did made an effort to improve a bit. Previously, the hotdog bun was without any additional ingredients. This week, it had a slice of cucumber and tomatoes and mayo. Actually, I donโ€™t mind if they give more varieties of sandwiches instead of rice.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • H Offline
                        Honey
                        last edited by

                        Kudos to Spies & Other Parents who raised the alarm of the quality of food provided by the caterer to the Principal's Office :thankyou:


                        Spies, many thanks for bringing up the matter directly to the school P & updating us on your correspondences with/from the school. Now that the Principal's Office is aware of this matter after other parents who raised it up during the P1 Parents' meet up with the school as well, I am sure they will be on pro-active to ensure that the quality of food provided by the caterer is of acceptable standard. I am sure the P's office is concerned about this aspect as well. Let's just give thanks for the improvement & hope that things work out well.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 103
                        • 104
                        • 105
                        • 106
                        • 107
                        • 365
                        • 366
                        • 105 / 366
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy