Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Maris Stella High

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    3.7k Posts 428 Posters 1.2m Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • V Offline
      vicki
      last edited by

      Hi guys,


      Anyone knows wats dismissal time like for next year?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • B Offline
        bigfoot
        last edited by

        beanstalk:
        Does anyone know about the duration of Orientation Day on 19 Nov?


        What about for past years?

        We have a family function and are trying to plan round OD.

        TIA.
        Should finish by morning. If I remember correctly, I left around 11am. You can get DH and DS to queue for the textbooks and uniform while you listen to the talk. You will need to fill up some forms after all the talks. It was very fast.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • 2 Offline
          24hr-mum
          last edited by

          heard there will be changes to the dismissal time. we are supposed to know on orientation day

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • B Offline
            beanstalk
            last edited by

            Thanks bigfoot.


            The school has already gotten us to buy uniforms and textbooks, so Orientation might be shorter this year.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • S Offline
              SSmama
              last edited by

              24hr-mum:
              heard there will be changes to the dismissal time. we are supposed to know on orientation day

              Hi there,
              school hours for 2012 are: 710am-115pm for Mon and Tues; 710am-145pm for Wed-Fri.

              The school did away with the extra long day on Mondays for P1s.

              Hope that helps 🙂

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • S Offline
                SSmama
                last edited by

                Hi there,

                Are there any parents of P2 kids in badminton next year? I found out that it’s twice a year in 2012 (one weekday and another on Sat) and there’s no bus transport provided for the boys.

                As husband and I are both working, we’re wondering how DS will make his way home. At P2 we don’t think it’s safe for him to make his way home alone and I have a newborn at home…

                Does anyone know what’s the usual transport arrangement for P2 boys who have CCA?

                Thanks!

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • N Offline
                  nms1
                  last edited by

                  My sons won’t be enrolling until 2014 & 2015 but I pop in here occasionally when looking at things for my daughter. Has there been any talk of moving the school day to start later now that they are single session? I know that the Maris Stella bus leaves our place at 6:25 because I hear it every morning but I live in hope that things may change before it’s their turn!


                  My daughter is lucky as she has a 7:25 start and is only 5 mins drive away.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • B Offline
                    bigfoot
                    last edited by

                    SSmama:
                    Hi there,

                    Are there any parents of P2 kids in badminton next year? I found out that it's twice a year in 2012 (one weekday and another on Sat) and there's no bus transport provided for the boys.

                    Thanks!
                    My DS is in badminton and P2 next year. Where did you learn about twice a week training next year? I may also have problem with transport if that is the case.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • B Offline
                      bigfoot
                      last edited by

                      nms1:
                      My sons won't be enrolling until 2014 & 2015 but I pop in here occasionally when looking at things for my daughter. Has there been any talk of moving the school day to start later now that they are single session? I know that the Maris Stella bus leaves our place at 6:25 because I hear it every morning but I live in hope that things may change before it's their turn!


                      My daughter is lucky as she has a 7:25 start and is only 5 mins drive away.
                      I don't think the time will change. 6.25am is not bad considering that it is 6.10am in Bishan. I prefer to send DS to school in the morining as it is only about 10 min drive away. Traffic is smooth if you can reach the school by 6.50am.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • S Offline
                        SSmama
                        last edited by

                        bigfoot:
                        SSmama:

                        Hi there,

                        Are there any parents of P2 kids in badminton next year? I found out that it's twice a year in 2012 (one weekday and another on Sat) and there's no bus transport provided for the boys.

                        Thanks!

                        My DS is in badminton and P2 next year. Where did you learn about twice a week training next year? I may also have problem with transport if that is the case.


                        I emailed both the coach and the teacher-in-charge to ask because I needed to decide on DS's Berries timeslot for next year..that's how I found out.

                        I'm now wondering if it is possible for parents of P2 boys to suggest to the bus operator to have one service sending the boys home.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 134
                        • 135
                        • 136
                        • 137
                        • 138
                        • 365
                        • 366
                        • 136 / 366
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        thebottomsupblogT
                        thebottomsupblog

                        Statistics

                        4

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy