Maris Stella High
-
School called today and asked for details of ds condition, as well as when he developed HFMD. I asked how many confirm cases so far but they were pretty evasive and just told me "not sure yet as we are still calling". From what I learnt, they are engaging an outside party to sanitize (not sure if it’s just ds class or whole school though, since ds class has a third of the boys down). Since MSHS is not a child care, I guess the rule of "16 cases" does not apply. Instead, it has to be an attack rate greater than 23 per cent and a transmission period of more than 24 days. Imagine that will be about 290 students before mandatory closure will be enforced!
-
I wonder if they will ‘close’ down the class to halt the transmission.
Btw, so far the teachers are not really teaching anythg new cos almost half the class is absent. -
In the light of the number of cases, I wonder if the school is conducting checks across the school? Just like how the governement handled the SARS issue; be open, transparent & update regularly to ease the parents’ worries & fears. In my dd’s school, they do self-check every morning for the whole school. A simple check with their partner like check the palms of the hands & stick out the tongue for uclers takes less than 1 minute. I hope the nos. do not continue to climb. May the inflicted boys get well soon.
-
Can I ask any mummies here have kids in the ‘P3 Learn-to-Swim Scheme’?
-
Heard that some P1 boys are down with HFMD. Is it true? If it is true, this will mean that there are quite a number of cases in MSHSP. Wonder when will the school inform all parents so that parents can be on a lookout.
-
Am new to this forum. Will be returning to Singapore soon and am thinking of enrolling my boy (P3) in MS. Can’t find anything on entrance exams and transfer information. I am wondering if anyone can provide me with some information on what kind of chances I have, what does the school look for etc, through their own experiences. Thanks in advance.
-
Anybody going for the kite flying thg? (Dad n Son bonding…)
-
yeoqm:
Am new to this forum. Will be returning to Singapore soon and am thinking of enrolling my boy (P3) in MS. Can't find anything on entrance exams and transfer information. I am wondering if anyone can provide me with some information on what kind of chances I have, what does the school look for etc, through their own experiences. Thanks in advance.
Hellos..
If I rem correctly, I thk the transfer test is only done once a year at year-end. For your case (returning student) suggest to call or email the school for info instd.
-
Hi,
Thanks so much. I shall do that. -
vicki:
Anybody going for the kite flying thg? (Dad n Son bonding...)
not gg, ds not interested...keke
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login