Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Maris Stella High

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    3.7k Posts 428 Posters 1.2m Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • N Offline
      Namie
      last edited by

      Last and this year, P1 and P2, it is once a week. Right now still fists, I think.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • S Offline
        Soh_WL
        last edited by

        Hi all. My boy will be in P1 next year.


        1st
        I heard from moms in his kindergarten that bullyings are very common in all-boys schools :scared:

        then :yikes:

        cherrygal:
        Few weeks back, wanbao reported that one plump P4 boy at Maris was beaten up by a gang of 15 classmates led by the monitor who was a taekwondo expert. The parents said that he has been bullied almost every day by that monitor and he is now afraid of going to school. Then this week (last night's wanbao), a P1 boy was involved in a scuffle with his classmate and ended up with his lips bleeding. His parents called the police and ambulance to the school but the authorities thought the injury was too minor to warrant their concern.

        Both parents say the school does nothing to protect the victims and the bullies are tolerated coz the school wants to give the errant boys a chance.
        then :sick:
        lilfeets:
        Does this means i need to send my son for classes to learn to defend himself since the scjool seem to be not doing anything? I was hoping for a school with discipline but this seems to be non-existant based on what i am reading.
        Did school step forward (officially/ unofficially) to clarify/ update parents about the bullying case about the P4 boy or other unpublished bullying cases?

        :?:

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • S Offline
          seestar
          last edited by

          Hello Everyone,

          There is a parent survey on the MC online,expiring on the 24th Oct. I am so glad I could give feedback , especially about the PE attire. The t-shirt quality is not good and the shorts is worse. My boy’s 3 PE t-shirt cannot last for a year and he has torn 2 of his PE shorts this year !
          My DD’s PE attire lasted for 2 whole years ! (And they are cheaper too ).

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • C Offline
            cherrygal
            last edited by

            Soh_WL:
            Hi all. My boy will be in P1 next year.


            1st
            I heard from moms in his kindergarten that bullyings are very common in all-boys schools :scared:

            Did school step forward (officially/ unofficially) to clarify/ update parents about the bullying case about the P4 boy or other unpublished bullying cases?
            Yes, bullying is common in all schools, esp all-boys schools. Girls prefer to bully with bitchy words. Which do you think is worse? haha

            I think schools are not allowed to address the media but they will be most willing to clarify with you on a personal basis (via phone or email) to allay your fears.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • C Offline
              cherrygal
              last edited by

              seestar:
              Hello Everyone,

              There is a parent survey on the MC online,expiring on the 24th Oct. I am so glad I could give feedback , especially about the PE attire. The t-shirt quality is not good and the shorts is worse. My boy's 3 PE t-shirt cannot last for a year and he has torn 2 of his PE shorts this year !
              My DD's PE attire lasted for 2 whole years ! (And they are cheaper too ).
              I want to feedback about the canteen food and prices and what they sell in the vending machine... not healthy at all

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • H Offline
                Honey
                last edited by

                cherrygal:
                seestar:

                Hello Everyone,

                There is a parent survey on the MC online,expiring on the 24th Oct. I am so glad I could give feedback , especially about the PE attire. The t-shirt quality is not good and the shorts is worse. My boy's 3 PE t-shirt cannot last for a year and he has torn 2 of his PE shorts this year !
                My DD's PE attire lasted for 2 whole years ! (And they are cheaper too ).

                I want to feedback about the canteen food and prices and what they sell in the vending machine... not healthy at all

                I support this feedback. Son told me today that one stall in the canteen is selling ICE CREAM :mad: !

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • S Offline
                  seestar
                  last edited by

                  Honey:
                  cherrygal:

                  [quote=\"seestar\"]Hello Everyone,

                  There is a parent survey on the MC online,expiring on the 24th Oct. I am so glad I could give feedback , especially about the PE attire. The t-shirt quality is not good and the shorts is worse. My boy's 3 PE t-shirt cannot last for a year and he has torn 2 of his PE shorts this year !
                  My DD's PE attire lasted for 2 whole years ! (And they are cheaper too ).

                  I want to feedback about the canteen food and prices and what they sell in the vending machine... not healthy at all

                  I support this feedback. Son told me today that one stall in the canteen is selling ICE CREAM :mad: ![/quote]Oh ?? Ice Cream ? I will ask my boy to check tmr.

                  Too bad, theres no Qn on the Quality & price of food served in the canteen.
                  If you think there are too many vending machines tempting the boys in the school now.... you should have been there before 2012 :mad: :mad:
                  MORE than 8 vending machine lined the school canteen selling sweet drinks ,and 2 outside the office at the pick up area.... dont understand why they are not pushing the boys to drink from the water coolers :slapshead:

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • C Offline
                    cherrygal
                    last edited by

                    seestar


                    I don’t see any parent survey link in mconline leh. Can u check and direct me?

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • C Offline
                      cherrygal
                      last edited by

                      I am more against the Quick Bites stall and wish they would stop selling fried junk like popcorn chicken, satay, hashbrown, processed food like siew mai etc. It’s not cheap and there is no nutrition.


                      I am not asking for Jamie Oliver standard but they could at least ensure all stalls are selling proper meals that serve a combination of carbo, protein, vege and fruit. The Quick Bites stall should switch to selling freshly made sandwiches ala Subway and ready-packed chicken salads.

                      All sweet and gassy drinks should also be banned, except for isotonic drinks and beverages like Nutritea and Yakult. They should be selling HL milk if possible. I remember I used to get a packet of milk (with some cartoon on the packet) during recess. What happened to that program?

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • H Offline
                        Honey
                        last edited by

                        cherrygal:
                        I am more against the Quick Bites stall and wish they would stop selling fried junk like popcorn chicken, satay, hashbrown, processed food like siew mai etc. It's not cheap and there is no nutrition.


                        I am not asking for Jamie Oliver standard but they could at least ensure all stalls are selling proper meals that serve a combination of carbo, protein, vege and fruit. The Quick Bites stall should switch to selling freshly made sandwiches ala Subway and ready-packed chicken salads.

                        All sweet and gassy drinks should also be banned, except for isotonic drinks and beverages like Nutritea and Yakult. They should be selling HL milk if possible. I remember I used to get a packet of milk (with some cartoon on the packet) during recess. What happened to that program?
                        Talk about the Quick Bite stall, this is the stall that has started selling ICE CREAM!

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 226
                        • 227
                        • 228
                        • 229
                        • 230
                        • 365
                        • 366
                        • 228 / 366
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        0

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy