Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Marymount Convent

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    5.7k Posts 143 Posters 1.7m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • C Offline
      chubby mum
      last edited by

      lil_jade:
      Hi!


      Would like to report as my DD got into MCS successfully! Thanks, sembgal for your reassurance when I asked about MCS compared to other gals' schools some time ago! πŸ™‚

      BTW, can I check if we ought to receive anything from MCS or MOE about the successful application? Cos I'm paranoid and while I'm sure I registered successfully already (via online), I a little kiasi... hehehe....

      On another note, regarding location, we stay in sembawang / yishun boundary.. So I'm also not sure which area it's considered... And I think I read somewhere in some distant MCS post in the past that Yishun is much cheaper cos it's a huge bus that ply almost whole of Yishun, whereas the Sembawang one is a small van, picks up relatively fewer gals and therefore the overall journey is shorter? Thus, the higher price for sembawang? Can I check if any mummy has booked the bus already or can just wait until orientation?

      Also, can any current MCS mummy advise the hair accessories? I assume gals can keep long hair, and if so, is the color of the accessories black only? My gal wants to start getting ready... Hahaha....

      (Sorry! So many questions!! But my gal and I are super excited and we've been chanting MCS and doing the victory dance since last Thursday!)
      Congrats & welcome to the MCS family! :grphug:
      My DD is in P2 this year. Dont panic! During orientation last year, all info was given in a 'booklet'/file. Info like style of long hair should be tied up neatly, only black clips or hairband/hairtie etc. Also contact nos. of bus transport. etc etc. And on the spot there would be Giro forms and many pre-requisite forms distributed as well when all parents gathered in the respective classrooms. There would be time for Q&A too. Do remember to bring a pen and a small note pad.
      For transportation time, do take note that for the first few days when school starts, pick up and drop off will be delayed because there will be new students to be catered to.
      All in all, great experience! Have fun and enjoy a brand new phase for your DDs! haha :rahrah:

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • C Offline
        cantbearit2
        last edited by

        sembgal:
        Hi, since I have time now, I shall share what my child and I had experienced on the last day of Phase 2C registration on 1 August 2013, Thursday. We......

        Thks for the sharing sembgal! πŸ˜„ Yes e gals at MCS are generally well behaved

        My P3 has been bugging me for a h/p since P1 cos all her classmates bring h/p to sch. πŸ˜“ IM still hesitating cos I dun wan h/p to become a distraction for her even though ey can only use it outside sch hrs.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • C Offline
          cantbearit2
          last edited by

          lil_jade:
          Hi!


          Would like to report as my DD got into MCS successfully! Thanks, sembgal for your reassurance when I asked about MCS compared to other gals' schools some time ago! πŸ™‚

          BTW, can I check if we ought to receive anything from MCS or MOE about the successful application? Cos I'm paranoid and while I'm sure I registered successfully already (via online), I a little kiasi... hehehe....

          On another note, regarding location, we stay in sembawang / yishun boundary.. So I'm also not sure which area it's considered... And I think I read somewhere in some distant MCS post in the past that Yishun is much cheaper cos it's a huge bus that ply almost whole of Yishun, whereas the Sembawang one is a small van, picks up relatively fewer gals and therefore the overall journey is shorter? Thus, the higher price for sembawang? Can I check if any mummy has booked the bus already or can just wait until orientation?

          Also, can any current MCS mummy advise the hair accessories? I assume gals can keep long hair, and if so, is the color of the accessories black only? My gal wants to start getting ready... Hahaha....

          (Sorry! So many questions!! But my gal and I are super excited and we've been chanting MCS and doing the victory dance since last Thursday!)
          Hi lil_jade,

          welcome to the MCS family!!! πŸ•Ί πŸ•Ί :rahrah:

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • R Offline
            ryan_bb
            last edited by

            can any parents share.. what do the kids learn in P1?

            As in spelling etc? I kaisu.. wanna prepare my DD.. πŸ™‚
            how abt Chinese language?

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • R Offline
              ryan_bb
              last edited by

              sembgal:
              Tentative date for Pri 1 Orientation is on 16th November 2013, Saturday. Registration starts 8am. Actual orientation is 8.30am to 11.30am.

              DD orientation for DD is 15/11.. how come yours is 16/11? Diff days? 🀷

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • sembgalS Offline
                sembgal
                last edited by

                I called to check with sch admin previously. She mentioned tentative date for orientation. Date is to be subjected to changes and to be confirmed.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • R Offline
                  ryan_bb
                  last edited by

                  sembgal:
                  I called to check with sch admin previously. She mentioned tentative date for orientation. Date is to be subjected to changes and to be confirmed.

                  15/11 shd b cfm cos i already recd letter.. πŸ™‚
                  i'm in phase 2A2..

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • sembgalS Offline
                    sembgal
                    last edited by

                    Thanks. What time is it?

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • R Offline
                      ryan_bb
                      last edited by

                      sembgal:
                      Thanks. What time is it?

                      letter states 2pm register by 1.30pm..
                      but.. duno is same for all or wat.. πŸ˜„

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • ryesR Offline
                        ryes
                        last edited by

                        Hi sembgal


                        Are u around? Do u know Hw many seats are left for 2c sup?
                        I was unsuccessful this morning for my balloting

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 475
                        • 476
                        • 477
                        • 478
                        • 479
                        • 566
                        • 567
                        • 477 / 567
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        s88mbaS
                        s88mba

                        Statistics

                        3

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy