Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Admiralty Primary

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    100 Posts 46 Posters 69.6k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S Offline
      Sotongmummy
      last edited by

      Hi Everyone,

      My dd is 2011 PSLE cohort in admiralty pri sch. Her past 6 years in the sch has been very enriching and fun-filled. The school has a team of gd, caring and dedicated teachers. Though she was not in the 1st class, she did fairly well for her psle, 250+. Looking back, she was in the 4th class(Enterprise) when she was in P3.

      Whatever school or class ur child might be in, the most important thing is how to motivate and encourage him/her. From my point of view, being in a top pri sch might not be advisable coz there is too much stress and that kinda demoralised young children. I think learning journey is a long way…let the child learn with joy. And ADMPS has made this possible!

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • S Offline
        soursop
        last edited by

        You're welcomed Springwater. 😄


        Sotongmummy, congrats to your gal! That is a good score. I hope my DD will also have that rich learning journey as yours did. I'm actually thinking of joining the PSG if my time permits. We have a PTC this friday and the PSG is doing something so I guess I'll go see if I can commit.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • A Offline
          awesome
          last edited by

          Hi Soursop


          I read your other posts in Woodlands Forum…like u I am delibrating between Innova & Admiralty now. So far, we have clocked in 26 hrs of PV at Admiralty and rejected PV at Innova. Now that you DD has embarked on her journey at Admiralty…do u think that it is a good school. Thanks for sharing.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • L Offline
            leo
            last edited by

            To parents who place their ADPS kids in student care. May I know which student care are your kids in? How is the student care? Do they fetch the kids to/from school and after PM dismissal (until closure at 7pm)?


            Pls advise.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • S Offline
              soursop
              last edited by

              Hi awesome!

              Sorry I took some time to reply. I was waiting for the Parent teacher meeting to be over before I reply you. On the whole, I think this school is pretty okay in terms of caring responsible teachers and good curricullum. DD's teacher is very approachable and fun with 12 years experience. :please: School work is organized and not too much. She has more enrichment homework than her school work in fact! 😓 Curricullum wise, I think they are quite balanced with exposure to computers,learning journeys, art etc. They use Stellar for English and already started to write journals every week. No exams for Primary 1 it seems. Streaming done in P3.
              But I guess most important is my DD loves going to school and looks forward to their activities. :snuggles:

              I've already made some friends with other mummies there and they all think this is quite an ok school. Some of them are secondary school teachers and they chose this school after making their 'research\" for schools in Woodlands and citing more consistent academic results, chose ADMPS.

              I read in the papers today regarding the upcoming spelling bee competition and it seems ADMPS is sending in some of their students to compete too, so exposure wise, not bad. :rahrah:

              I was contemplating Innova for it's better facilities but am not too sure of it's academics. ADMPS is pretty run down and need some upgrading. But in the end, I guess it's the distance and proven academics that won me over. It's very convenient to bring her to school and back.

              That's my findings so far... let's see how it goes. :xedfingers:

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • L Offline
                leo
                last edited by

                soursop:
                Hi awesome!

                Sorry I took some time to reply. I was waiting for the Parent teacher meeting to be over before I reply you.
                Hi soursop, any news on when the school will be going single session?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • A Offline
                  awesome
                  last edited by

                  Hi Soursop

                  You are great in sharing about ADMPS. I will be completing the rest of my PV during the March holidays doing admin work. I guess I have made my choice.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • P Offline
                    Pooh Bear
                    last edited by

                    My elder son had graduated from Pri 6 last year. He got 262. Very happy for him. In his last year, his form teacher and his class really "chiong". Spoke to his form teacher many times on preparation for PSLE and we were all motivated for the final dash with the kids. Last year, his class (best class) got average of 25X. Other parents and the form teacher were very happy.

                    Ultimately u make the best of the Pri school life. I am happy to make this choice, esp it is near my house and kids are well-balanced and happy. Can’t ask for more.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • S Offline
                      soursop
                      last edited by

                      [quote]Hi soursop, any news on when the school will be going single session?[/quote]
                      Hi leo,

                      Sorry I guess none of us asked that question during the PTC cos everybody was kan chiong over how the marks, exam, ranking, remedial classes...etc. would be.. 😓 But i signed up as a PSG member so maybe I can ask. Oh...did I mention that they already have remedial classes for P1 students for all subjects? Maths, Eglish and MT.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • S Offline
                        soursop
                        last edited by

                        Wow! Poohbear! Your son did great! Congratulations! Which school is he in now? Yeah, I heard that for the top 2 classes, the teachers really 'chiong\" one. That's why I'm really hoping that DD gets into top 2 classes 🙏


                        Was it difficult to get into the Challenge class? If all the students get 25X then really the standard is good! I heard the new principal is very good :nunchuk: too compared to the ex-retiring principal cos already quite \"boh chap\" :siam:

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 4
                        • 5
                        • 9
                        • 10
                        • 2 / 10
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        OLCTO
                        OLCT
                        WordWizardsW
                        WordWizards

                        Statistics

                        5

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy