Chongfu Primary
-
Hi Mandysaurus,
Me too ! My child will be attending P1 in CF next year. Yes, we will be attending the orientation on both days ! -
Great!
-
Great!
-
Me too! DD going CFS for P1 next year.

-
mandysaurus:
Congrats mandysaurus,Hello,
My dd will be in Chongfu P1 next year. Orientation dates are 20th August and 24th Sept'11.
2 days of orientation and dates earlier than other school, i heard from some parents they said will be having a test for the childrens after that school be giving the class by their result. Some childrens did not pass the test and end up in other school. Anyone know about the test?
Mandysaurus, when the days come can u update us about this
2 orientation days? -
My girl is in P1 now. I don’t think children who failed the test would be asked to leave the school, why should it be because the parents have already secured a place? If indeed it happens, I think this is in contravene of MOE rules.
I also don’t think there is a failed rating as there is no rating at all. You only know how your child fares for each catogory (ie fair, good, v good I think) and I also don’t think the children are streamed into classes based on results. The school is also not confirming this. I believe the children are classed according to phase of registration instead -
Hello,
I don't know about the test too. I only know it's orientation for parents and the kid. Hopefully nothing stressful so fast!
-
Don’t worry, I don’t think CFS is stressful, I don’t find P1 hw a lot too. The English and Chinese spelling words look reasonable too.
-
The test is done before they go in P1, the parents is a pv she finish and had secure a place but after the test her child end up in the other school. By the way i not stressing you parents i am just concern about the test. If i had made any stress to any parents SoRRY.
-
I think it is not true. All schools will conduct the tests, understand it is some requirement from MOE just to find out the std of the kids in terms of maths n english i think. However, don’t think anyone is ask to go to another school. If that is really the case, you can complain to MOE. But not sure whether is it conducted during orientation. Some schools did it during orientation, other after school open within the 1st month.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login