Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Kinderland

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Playgroups, Infant Care, Childcare Centres & Preschools
    467 Posts 185 Posters 287.3k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • sembgalS Offline
      sembgal
      last edited by

      It doesn’t matter which branch your child goes to. But must make sure the teacher who will be educating your child is good one because that matters a lot. Principal’s leadership matters too. You can speak to other parents during dismissal to find out more about the school.


      The turnover rate of teachers may be high at certain places due to their management problems.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • P Offline
        passion358
        last edited by

        Can anyone share experience on kinderland robinson? I went both Robinson and mnd branches. Mnd looks quite rundown whereas Robinson has a bright new env and gd ratio of kids to teachers. However I felt the security a bit laxed. I will appreciate if Amy mummies can share their experiences with me. Thanks.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • W Offline
          wish
          last edited by

          Hi


          Any feedback on Kinderland @MOE is appreciated. Thanks.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • M Offline
            meiah
            last edited by

            wish:
            Hi


            Any feedback on Kinderland @MOE is appreciated. Thanks.
            Hi,

            My dd is there. K1. What would you like to find out? However, I may not be able to answer all your questions as she's also quite new there.

            🙂

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • W Offline
              wish
              last edited by

              Hi meiah


              Thanks! Wanted to know a couple of stuff

              1) Are the teachers responsive to the children? Like attentive to their needs?
              2) Is the amount of food in terms of ingredients reasonable? Ie not just watery porridge, very little vege/meat?
              3) Anything that you think the centre can improve?

              Planning to sign up my DS in the N1 class. Heard if I wait till next year to enrol, it will be on wait list.

              Thanks for your patience

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • M Offline
                meiah
                last edited by

                Eh... I have just interrogated my dd with 1000 questions! :rant:


                1. Does your teachers scream, shout and scold you all? No.
                2. Do they always scold the nursery children? No.
                3. Walk around with a cane? Stick? Ruler? No.
                4. If you need to poo, does your teacher tell you to wait... wait... wait...? No.
                5. Is the food nice? Yes
                6. Is it enough? Yes
                7. Porridge got lots of water and little rice or thick like mama's? Mama's.
                8. Do all your friends eat the food? Yes.
                9. Any one ask for more food? No.
                10. Do all your friends bathe themselves? No.

                Can't remember what else I've asked!!!

                Generally, the principal, teachers and staffs look nice and friendly. Speak quite politely too. Principal seems obliging and patient to answer my queries. Before I registered there, will even offer to take me around the centre even though I have already viewed it. Now, she is still as nice.

                Teachers seem ok, from what I am able to observe. When kids arrive, will take their temperature and do a visual check. Once ok, kids will walk in. Generally, if my dd approach the teachers, they will attend to her. Seldom see kids run around. Once, saw them walk from class to outdoor playground, nursery kids I think. Teacher reminded to put their hands behind their back and walk slow. Quite an amusing sight. Once outdoors, the teacher will supervise their play. For a short period of time initially, I picked my dd up early. Her teacher asked if she would always be going home this early, and said that she would miss lessons and best time is after 4.30pm or 5pm. Music is played during nap time and all the kids would sleep in their corners/spots. Those not asleep, would rolled around quietly on their mattresses!

                I am not able to comment on the food served because I have not seen any. According to dd, she gets rice, veg, fish, cake, barley, etc. She claimed nice. Food is prepared according to headcount, so I don't think there's lots of extra servings. Dd also said she eats 1 bowl, and so do her classmates. She claims no one ask for extras! Whether it is no more food, everybody too full or what, that I don't really know. But if your kid is late for breakfast or comes after, then there is no breakfast served.

                I get emails from the centre periodically ranging from hfmd updates, haze, excursion, charity fund-raising, school events, consent forms, etc. Kids have a communication book, but nothing much in there for my dd.

                Improvement? I don't know. I'm not a very fussy parent, and my main concern is whether my dd is happy there. She said she is, so everything else, I just let them be. After all, nothing major for me kick up a fuss. I suppose a checklist to update me on performance would be nice, although I know that she reads their phonics readers and they will update on her \"performance\" for each page.

                My only gripe? Bathing too early and under-utilisation of the uniform and pe attire!!! The use-to-the-max attire is the sleeping suit! Every day from before lunch to going home time.

                I'm not sure about waitlist and next year. I put my dd there because I needed an immediate vacancy. Switched her from a kindergarten. The other CCs near my place were all full and some don't even take waitlist.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • W Offline
                  wish
                  last edited by

                  Hi meiah,


                  Thanks so much to u and your DD, so sweet of her :rahrah:
                  I met with the lady Ana, not sure if she is the P?

                  I find the place orderly, though aircon a bit cold.

                  In terms of food, I have seen watery porridge in some other place, and since milk comes right after lunch, the natural thought would be.. is lunch too little?

                  Glad that your DD is happy there. I think that is the most important. To be more susceptible to common ailments is inevitable cos even at home, the kid can fall ill too.

                  Really appreciate your feedback.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • M Offline
                    meiah
                    last edited by

                    Hi, not a prob. Ya, can be rather cold, so kids usually wear the sleeping suit. Long sleeves and long pants. Anna is not the principal. Indian lady but wah, can speak Chinese. Heard her once. Anna is admin staff, I think.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • M Offline
                      meiah
                      last edited by

                      Oh ya, can’t comment on lunch for nursery cos my dd is in k1, so I guess her answers are based on what she can see in her class.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • T Offline
                        tsachu
                        last edited by

                        wish: I started my daughter in kinderland MOE N1 two weeks ago. The aircon is really very cold so do wear jacket (daughter fell sick on day 4). Food wise, N1 just gets porridge everyday. The teacher seems ok. Principal is polite but tends to take messages and says she will pass on to teachers, but does not. I would advise speaking directly to the teachers instead.


                        For personal reasons, I am pulling my daughter out of kinderland - if you want to put your girl in N1 and want to buy uniform from me at discount PM me ok? 🙂 Uniform is worn like a few times only. Long sleeves set not worn at all.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 35
                        • 36
                        • 37
                        • 38
                        • 39
                        • 46
                        • 47
                        • 37 / 47
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy