Starve Yourself to Longevity
-
Chenonceau:
Thanks. But if I have to starve like that, I wouldn't feel like living that long ... hmm ... will start counting calories, like what 3boys wrote. That's more do-able.Starve yourself and live longer - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2183677/Why-starvation-diet-actually-good--make-live-longer.html
Just to share... for all the fatties like me out there. -
3Boys:
Heh... I thought I was gonna get flamed for putting up a link asking people to starve.
Studies in caloric restricted rodents have clearly demonstrated a survival advantage. In humans, long-lived populations like Okinawans (of old) have attributed their longevity to a low caloric diet.Chenonceau:
Starve yourself and live longer - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2183677/Why-starvation-diet-actually-good--make-live-longer.html
Just to share... for all the fatties like me out there. -
keroppi:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Thanks. But if I have to starve like that, I wouldn't feel like living that long ... hmm ... will start counting calories, like what 3boys wrote. That's more do-able.Chenonceau:
Starve yourself and live longer - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2183677/Why-starvation-diet-actually-good--make-live-longer.html
Just to share... for all the fatties like me out there.
I hate counting. For last week, I have been eating one meal a day (of small servings) and NO carbs. It was REALLY hard the 1st 3 days because I kept seeing giant peanut butter toasts floating in front of my eyes. Then it got better. Now, I am used to it.
Lost 3 kg and feel very alert now.
Now... gotta start exercising the way those Amazon women on the exercise thread do. -
Chenonceau:
I felt you were admonishing me because I had been bad over the long weekend. Now feel disgusted with myself. :rotflmao:Starve yourself and live longer - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2183677/Why-starvation-diet-actually-good--make-live-longer.html
Just to share... for all the fatties like me out there.
Keep it up, Chen!! 3 kgs is no easy feat. -
Mawar:
:thankyou: It was really hard. I kept wanting to rush to the fridge and stick my whole head into the peanut butter jar and just eat! I think Okinawans had no peanut butter in the old days.
Keep it up, Chen!! 3 kgs is no easy feat.
Lucky them! -
Chenonceau:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Thanks. But if I have to starve like that, I wouldn't feel like living that long ... hmm ... will start counting calories, like what 3boys wrote. That's more do-able.keroppi:
[quote=\"Chenonceau\"]Starve yourself and live longer - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2183677/Why-starvation-diet-actually-good--make-live-longer.html
Just to share... for all the fatties like me out there.
I hate counting. For last week, I have been eating one meal a day (of small servings) and NO carbs. It was REALLY hard the 1st 3 days because I kept seeing giant peanut butter toasts floating in front of my eyes. Then it got better. Now, I am used to it.
Lost 3 kg and feel very alert now.
Now... gotta start exercising the way those Amazon women on the exercise thread do.[/quote]Share with us your diet plan
-
Ran1977:
Ok! Sure! No breakfast. No lunch. Plenty of water throughout the day... some black tea with no sugar and no milk.
Share with us your diet plan
For dinner, 6 heaped tablespoons of stir fried veggies (ranging from carrots to calabashes to broccoli ... mushrooms... anything I was able to buy) or salad (avocado, tomato...). 3 heaped table spoons of protein (fish, prawns, beef).
One cappuccino with 1 teaspoon of unrefined sugar. 1 fruit (mango, pear, apple).
Absolutely NO rice/spaghetti or bread... but I looooove bread.
-
Chenonceau:
U are amazing!!! How do you suvive without BREAKFAST N LUNCH????
Ok! Sure! No breakfast. No lunch. Plenty of water throughout the day... some black tea with no sugar and no milk.Ran1977:
Share with us your diet plan
For dinner, 6 heaped tablespoons of stir fried veggies (ranging from carrots to calabashes to broccoli ... mushrooms... anything I was able to buy) or salad (avocado, tomato...). 3 heaped table spoons of protein (fish, prawns, beef).
One cappuccino with 1 teaspoon of unrefined sugar. 1 fruit (mango, pear, apple).
Absolutely NO rice/spaghetti or bread... but I looooove bread.
And I love bread too...how did u stop your craving?I may not need rice or noodles or pasta but if i don't eat my bread...my day is incomplete:) -
I personally would not advocate starving especially for breakfast & lunch. It will slow down your metabolic rate. Low carbs can be dangerous if you need to work and do even regular routine work. If you do it as a detoxing short-term thing it can be good thing but definitely not for long-term.
I’ve gone on a no-white sugar/yeast diet for 18 days as a detox. That was very effective because it "cured" me of any sugar cravings. Basically do not eat anything that you can find white sugar in it. For eg bread, white rice, beehoon, pasta etc. I ate brown/red rice, lots of beans, basically stuff which is high in complex carbo - that would regulate your blood sugar levels. Before the detox, I would go crazy just looking at bread and I love my carbs. Now I find it quite easy to reject cakes, bread, etc. I take all my drinks kosong.
Doing resistance exercise will help to build muscles which will then burn calories faster. I think that would be more sustainable.
I’ve been working with a personal fitness trainer for the past 2 years. Before I gave birth last year, I looked & felt my best as I had lost 8 kg over 6 months. I gained approx 4 kgs in muscle and I was burning calories easily by the 3rd month. The best part is my energy is high & my blood pressure went back to normal without medication. -
Beanbear, thanks for sharing that bit about metabolic rate… and temporary detox. I do intend to go back to 3 meals a day (of largely veggies and no simple sugars) after 3 weeks. Actually, right now, I don’t even feel hungry at breakfast and lunch.
Me interested in your personal trainer contact…
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login