Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    [Toa Payoh] Primary Schools

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
    1.3k Posts 206 Posters 702.6k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • tankeeT Offline
      tankee
      last edited by

      angel:
      the teacher confirmed my son is in, as we are within a km of MS when we registered last Friday afternoon.

      :congrats:

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • C Offline
        cherrygal
        last edited by

        bigfoot:
        If I can't get into MS via 2B, my next best bet will be via CHS (which only has 9 vacancies) as I am within 1 km from the school.

        Hi Bigfoot,
        That would be doing an \"all in\" at the casino... Huge risk. If touch wood I need to go to Phase 2C, then it would be St Gabriel or Kuo Chuan. Not even gonna try Ai Tong unless no balloting for <1km. I know what you mean, Bigfoot... super stressful just thinking abt tomorrow's balloting. Not even sure I wanna be there coz I think I will turn emo if my son doesn't get called. Praying very hard and I think God is so busy just listening to all the prayers from parents these few days... we were joking that the parents who registered at CHS would be sitting at the front pews of the church last Sunday...

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • V Offline
          vicki
          last edited by

          cherrygal:
          bigfoot:

          If I can't get into MS via 2B, my next best bet will be via CHS (which only has 9 vacancies) as I am within 1 km from the school.


          Hi Bigfoot,
          That would be doing an \"all in\" at the casino... Huge risk. If touch wood I need to go to Phase 2C, then it would be St Gabriel or Kuo Chuan. Not even gonna try Ai Tong unless no balloting for <1km. I know what you mean, Bigfoot... super stressful just thinking abt tomorrow's balloting. Not even sure I wanna be there coz I think I will turn emo if my son doesn't get called. Praying very hard and I think God is so busy just listening to all the prayers from parents these few days... we were joking that the parents who registered at CHS would be sitting at the front pews of the church last Sunday...

          Btw, laz wk gospel was 'Ask n u shall receive'.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • S Offline
            smurf
            last edited by

            Daddy 😧

            bigfoot - u mean u will try for CHS in 2C if you dont get MS?? Wont the percentage be even worse than now? Then do you have a Plan C??
            not bigfoot, but phase2b already more than 50 applicants within 1km.:(

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • B Offline
              bigfoot
              last edited by

              angel:
              Hi all,


              the teacher confirmed my son is in, as we are within a km of MS when we registered last Friday afternoon.

              Feel so thankful..

              And think I saw Namie's hubby... Best of luck to u guys!
              Wow. So u r the one within 1 km. We were thinking the one within 1 km is a sure thing. Congrats... πŸ™‚

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • B Offline
                bigfoot
                last edited by

                vicki:

                bigfoot - u mean u will try for CHS in 2C if you dont get MS?? Wont the percentage be even worse than now? Then do you have a Plan C??
                Yes, I know worse odd compare to MS at 2B but I don't have much choice. Plan C, not sure yet. But it will be choosing one among the rest of the remaining schools. Initially wanted either Monfort or St Gab since usually the places are fully taken up. But give up the tot already.
                Daddy 😧
                Ya... phase 2C with 9 seats... sounds very very high risk.... I bet there're more than 50 applicants staying <1KM.
                Yes, high risk but we are within 1 km at least. I only have 9.5% of not getting in at MS, and if I am still out, then why not try CHS. You know what I mean? lol....

                Anyway, this is what we plan to do at this point in time. Maybe when the time comes, I may change our mind again. Just hope I don't have to make such a decision. πŸ™‚

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • B Offline
                  bigfoot
                  last edited by

                  cherrygal:
                  Hi Bigfoot,

                  That would be doing an \"all in\" at the casino... Huge risk. If touch wood I need to go to Phase 2C, then it would be St Gabriel or Kuo Chuan. Not even gonna try Ai Tong unless no balloting for <1km. I know what you mean, Bigfoot... super stressful just thinking abt tomorrow's balloting. Not even sure I wanna be there coz I think I will turn emo if my son doesn't get called. Praying very hard and I think God is so busy just listening to all the prayers from parents these few days... we were joking that the parents who registered at CHS would be sitting at the front pews of the church last Sunday...
                  Yes, if we decide to go CHS at 2C, it is really ALL IN. As in poker game, we have nothing to lose already. Just go all in and hope for the best.

                  Attending the balloting is stressful but we will still go. In fact my DW and I have problem applying leave and timeoff. But we managed to get it anyway in the end. πŸ™‚

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • C Offline
                    cherrygal
                    last edited by

                    Sorry, anyone knows if we need to bring any documents such as the registration slip to the school to attend the balloting later? If so, I need to go home and take before making my way there…

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • D Offline
                      Daddy D
                      last edited by

                      cherrygal:
                      Sorry, anyone knows if we need to bring any documents such as the registration slip to the school to attend the balloting later? If so, I need to go home and take before making my way there...

                      Dun kan cheong.....
                      I tot some sch is balloting at 9am?

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • C Offline
                        cherrygal
                        last edited by

                        Daddy 😧
                        cherrygal:

                        Sorry, anyone knows if we need to bring any documents such as the registration slip to the school to attend the balloting later? If so, I need to go home and take before making my way there...


                        Dun kan cheong.....
                        I tot some sch is balloting at 9am?

                        MS is at 2pm later. Nd proof to enter?

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 53
                        • 54
                        • 55
                        • 56
                        • 57
                        • 130
                        • 131
                        • 55 / 131
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        tzenoT
                        tzeno
                        thebottomsupblogT
                        thebottomsupblog

                        Statistics

                        13

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy