Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    2013 Sec 1 Discussions

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Secondary Schools - Academic Support
    817 Posts 96 Posters 463.7k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • N Offline
      ngl2010
      last edited by

      janet_lee88:
      ngl2010:

      [quote=\"janet_lee88\"]My son didn't get fantastic results for PSLE.

      What is most important is his effort and hard work. That is what I saw with my own 2 eyes. Right from the beginning, I did inform his teachers I will bear responsibility for my son's results...I took him out of supplementary lessons.
      But what pissed me off till now, was son being ostracised by his form teacher...one who didn't want the student to attend the graduating party.
      MOE, please know what is happening in schools.

      Why the form teacher didn't want the students to attend graduating party? Strange...

      Bcos my son is not important, didn't get A* and bring glory...that's what I feel.[/quote]Do you mean only your son was not allowed to attend the graduating party? Or the whole class?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • janet88J Offline
        janet88
        last edited by

        I informed the FT my son is keen to attend. He did NOT get back to me at all…until 1 week after the party…to inform me there was one but he forgot to inform me. Isn’t this sufficient to say that my son is unimportant?


        I was boiling mad…my hubby told me to forget it…I told him it is not that I am desperate to attend a party, but the very fact that OUR son was seen as invisible.

        Oh yes, perhaps I should mention that school teachers are very keen to know if their students have tuition. What biz is that of theirs ?

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • K Offline
          kwcllf
          last edited by

          janet_lee88:
          I informed the FT my son is keen to attend. He did NOT get back to me at all...until 1 week after the party...to inform me there was one but he forgot to inform me. Isn't this sufficient to say that my son is unimportant?


          I was boiling mad...my hubby told me to forget it...I told him it is not that I am desperate to attend a party, but the very fact that OUR son was seen as invisible.

          Oh yes, perhaps I should mention that school teachers are very keen to know if their students have tuition. What biz is that of theirs ?
          This is really unacceptable behaviour from the teacher! :nunchuk:

          If I was in your situation, I would walk straight in to see the principal and demand an explanation.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • janet88J Offline
            janet88
            last edited by

            I wanted to…but hubby stopped me.

            On the other hand, I wonder if the principal would sit on the fence if I had done that…my son was not in the top class and didn’t belong to the elite.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • F Offline
              fifiyeo
              last edited by

              janet_lee88:
              fifiyeo:

              I can feel that the teachers are watching to see if we can deliver the 'lessons' at home ourselves. Once we show signs of not being able to produce the expected quality work, then they'll all come after us.


              Let me tell you something. Sorry this off topic bcos it is happening in a primary school.
              My friend's son is in this primary school in the North. The English teacher called my friend to upsell her services...ie to engage her as son's private tutor for $85/hour...no bluffing. My friend has already turned her down and the teacher is still persisting.


              $85 per hour :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
              Definitely will produce at A** or what?!
              I would think this would be the rates for Master / PhD holders in education who publishes books.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • N Offline
                ngl2010
                last edited by

                janet_lee88:
                I wanted to...but hubby stopped me.

                On the other hand, I wonder if the principal would sit on the fence if I had done that....my son was not in the top class and didn't belong to the elite.
                Every child has the right to attend the graduating party. What has it got to do with being in the top class? Having said that, the form teacher may have really forgotten to reply to your question.

                Since your son is no longer in that school, you can write a letter to feedback to the principal.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • W Offline
                  wonderm
                  last edited by

                  janet_lee88:
                  I informed the FT my son is keen to attend. He did NOT get back to me at all...until 1 week after the party...to inform me there was one but he forgot to inform me. Isn't this sufficient to say that my son is unimportant?


                  I was boiling mad...my hubby told me to forget it...I told him it is not that I am desperate to attend a party, but the very fact that OUR son was seen as invisible.

                  Oh yes, perhaps I should mention that school teachers are very keen to know if their students have tuition. What biz is that of theirs ?
                  This is indeed very strange! Just curious, in your DS' school, was the graduation party a well kept secret and attendance by invitation only?

                  For my DC's school, all P6 students can attend the graduation party and everyone in class knew about it, the teacher had no chance to ostracize anyone.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • janet88J Offline
                    janet88
                    last edited by

                    ngl2010:
                    janet_lee88:

                    I wanted to...but hubby stopped me.

                    On the other hand, I wonder if the principal would sit on the fence if I had done that....my son was not in the top class and didn't belong to the elite.

                    Every child has the right to attend the graduating party. What has it got to do with being in the top class? Having said that, the form teacher may have really forgotten to reply to your question.

                    Since your son is no longer in that school, you can write a letter to feedback to the principal.

                    Which means to say he is not professional enough to carry out his role...he only has 40 in the class and this is not an ordinary party. There is really no reason for missing out any child if he had done his headcount. Bottom line is my son and I felt very hurt that this happened. I wrote in to the school...but this incident will always remain as an ugly reflection in our minds.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • F Offline
                      fifiyeo
                      last edited by

                      janet_lee88:
                      I wanted to...but hubby stopped me.

                      On the other hand, I wonder if the principal would sit on the fence if I had done that....my son was not in the top class and didn't belong to the elite.
                      I would inform the principle no doubt. Maybe even write to MOE.

                      When DS was in P3, he had a CL teacher. He was an old retired teacher from one of those brand schools and had returned to teaching. Obviously his style was very old school type. When the kids misbehave (not sure what is his idea of misbehaving but DS was a chatterbox in class), this teacher would throw out their bags or roll up the book and hit them. I don't think the hitting was hard as I've never seen any marks being left behind hence never knew such things were happening. But I guess it was the action that the kids really hated and it was embrassing in front of the whole class.

                      One day, the school counselor mentioned something about some issues brought up to her attention through my DS that had became management issues!!! :yikes: I was shocked. That was when I found out that my DS had gone and report this teacher without telling us. Form teacher was informed and classmates interviewed to determine if it was true. And since it was true with several kids involved. This issue went up all the way to management level!!! Of course he was black marked by the teacher but we didn't see him the next year. So I guess DS must be quite well-kown in school. The rebellion?? One remark I see in teachers' comments - Strong sense of righteousness, do not hesitate to stand up for what is right. Not sure if good or bad.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • janet88J Offline
                        janet88
                        last edited by

                        My son is very happy in his present school. The teachers treat the students equally…公事公办…he is happy to swim in this pond.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 33
                        • 34
                        • 35
                        • 36
                        • 37
                        • 81
                        • 82
                        • 35 / 82
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        WordWizardsW
                        WordWizards

                        Statistics

                        3

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy