[Novena] Primary Schools
-
Personally as adaptable as kids are i find transfers in between school term very disruptive. I don’t wish to put my daughter through that. I rather just go for a fairly decent smps which is also a full school at the outset where there is an almost guaranteed chance of getting in at 2c even if you are more than 2km. Rather than the huge gamble with scgs. As by 2c supp without a doubt even the fair schools will be mopped up this time by PRs who don’t stand a chance with the branded schools.
-
I do not think the school will mark any parent/child for making a "last minute" registration. Not all parents are lucky to be able to take leave to register on the first day.
-
Ninja Turtle:
Personally as adaptable as kids are i find transfers in between school term very disruptive. I don't wish to put my daughter through that. I rather just go for a fairly decent smps which is also a full school at the outset where there is an almost guaranteed chance of getting in at 2c even if you are more than 2km. Rather than the huge gamble with scgs. As by 2c supp without a doubt even the fair schools will be mopped up this time by PRs who don't stand a chance with the branded schools.
SMPS is also a good reasonable school. Thumbs up for character upbringing.
Also it has affiliation. Just for consideration. -
I am also looking at chij TP,smps, scgs, mmc
to me chij tp in in between 1-2 km all others beyond 2km, quite confused to make decision,
first I was thinking od scgs but now with juz 30 vacancies I understand its very difficult, 2nd choice is chij tp, if not that in 2c I am worried, hard to decide -
Saki:
Don't worry too much since you already have the back-up plan in place. All you can do now is to monitor the # closely and make a reasonable sound decision and choice during the registration phase. Good luck. :xedfingers:I am also looking at chij TP,smps, scgs, mmc
to me chij tp in in between 1-2 km all others beyond 2km, quite confused to make decision,
first I was thinking od scgs but now with juz 30 vacancies I understand its very difficult, 2nd choice is chij tp, if not that in 2c I am worried, hard to decide -
becknat68:
Hello 2hotTohandle, are you within 1-2km of RGPS?? My friend said 1-2km for RGPS pretty good chance too as RGPS is surrounded by mostly landed ppty.
2hot to handle- In addition rgps is going to move to a temp site in 2 years time so may discourage some people to go for it. Put it into your back up list and see how it goes since you prefer all girls school. -
Sorry smps stands for?
-
bagconomics:
Sorry smps stands for?
St Margaret's Primary School. -
Tks! Which would be the recommended sch if my boy can’t get into sji? Hearing abt bhps feedback made me feel uncomfy to send my ds there
-
bagconomics:
Tks! Which would be the recommended sch if my boy can't get into sji? Hearing abt bhps feedback made me feel uncomfy to send my ds there
Are you looking at co-ed or boy's school?
What about hong wen? It is a SAP school and is a co-ed school.
I am only suggesting as i do not know where you reside. Given a choice, i wouldn't choose BHPS. No offense to other parents.....as this is only my view. Pls don't slam me.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login