Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Phone line for student

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Recess Time
    14 Posts 7 Posters 3.3k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • heyhoeH Offline
      heyhoe
      last edited by

      Hi,


      Currently my ds is using the phone card but I find that it used up fast and have to keep on topping it.

      Thus, appreciate any recommendation for student plan that is reasonable.

      Thanks!

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • B Offline
        BlueBells
        last edited by

        I gave a DSs M1 student plans without data. Unlimited SMS.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • heyhoeH Offline
          heyhoe
          last edited by

          Thanks, Bluebells.


          I did asked M1 but they told me that M1 is about $30++ per month is the same as usual plan, except for the unlimited SMS.

          I wonder if they’re any other cheaper option.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • DreamgearD Offline
            Dreamgear
            last edited by

            heyhoe:
            Thanks, Bluebells.


            I did asked M1 but they told me that M1 is about $30++ per month is the same as usual plan, except for the unlimited SMS.

            I wonder if they're any other cheaper option.
            Singtel have a \"Red\" plan that rides on a another mobile line plan. its $12 a month plus $5 for caller-ID. The usage and SMS rides on the main line entitlement......

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • heyhoeH Offline
              heyhoe
              last edited by

              Thanks, Dreamgear. I’ll check this out.


              Just out of curiousity, does that means DS and I will share the same number?

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • R Offline
                Rational_Parent
                last edited by

                I’d the same need some time back but ended up taking the short cut by getting a pre-paid SIM card because of a lack of knowledge about phone line for student.


                What are the pros and cons re pre-paid vs plan? Anyone?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • DreamgearD Offline
                  Dreamgear
                  last edited by

                  heyhoe:
                  Thanks, Dreamgear. I'll check this out.


                  Just out of curiousity, does that means DS and I will share the same number?
                  No, different number....but in same bill. another thing is the 2nd number does not enjoy phone set upgrade

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • heyhoeH Offline
                    heyhoe
                    last edited by

                    Hi Dreamgear,


                    Thanks again. I'll check this out. 🕺

                    Cheers

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • W Offline
                      wiimum
                      last edited by

                      I gave them the Hi card and I find the YO!$18 plan suitable for us.


                      "For just $18 you get:
                      FREE incoming calls all day
                      120 mins of local outgoing calls
                      1,000 local SMSes
                      50MB of local data
                      Value valid for 30 days
                      Bundled value will roll over if you top up within 30 days."

                      Actually I paid $17 at a neighbour hood shop(etopup). It caps the usage and encourage responsible usage but the only problem is you must remember to top up after 30 days, otherwise the roll over will be gone!

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • P Offline
                        pacetone
                        last edited by

                        wiimum:
                        I gave them the Hi card and I find the YO!$18 plan suitable for us.


                        \"For just $18 you get:
                        FREE incoming calls all day
                        120 mins of local outgoing calls
                        1,000 local SMSes
                        50MB of local data
                        Value valid for 30 days
                        Bundled value will roll over if you top up within 30 days.\"

                        Actually I paid $17 at a neighbour hood shop(etopup). It caps the usage and encourage responsible usage but the only problem is you must remember to top up after 30 days, otherwise the roll over will be gone!
                        this plan is cheap but \"ma fan\" must remember to top up every month. Is it from M1?

                        I pay Singtel youth plan with unlimited SMS for my boys at $39.90/month.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 1 / 2
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy