Learning Chinese (Primary/Preschool)
-
I saw a lot of parents complained their kids don’t like read Chinese comic books. It is why I want to talk about children learning mandarine who are not a primary students yet.
Are you think read stories is more important than listen stories? Actually listen stories is more important than read. because it is normal way to study mother language for everyone. So don’t worry your kid don’t like to read Chinese comic books, you only need to read stories for her/him. -
My 2 kids are scoring very very badly for Chinese.
I have been trying to get home Tutor in to more of like play, read stories and do a bit of work with them.
The previous Tutor was not too bad… she play aeroplane chess with them and converse with them in mandarin… when the children speaks English with her she rephrase in mandarin and ask them to repeat… but she stopped teaching because of her studies.
The current one keep asking them to do assessment for the whole lesson… or ask them to read the 手册… the lesson is very "study" base despite me telling her not to stress the kids too much…
Anyone have any recommendations for the kind of Tutor I need…
I need someone to help me make them like Chinese!! -
Just for sharing :
Found this https://www.childroad.com Read and Listen Chinese digital library
for my son who has no interest in reading Chinese books. I am hoping this Read and Listen Story will help him to build up his interest in Chinese. :scratchhead: A struggling mum who doesn't know how to read Chinese.
-
Hi Chief Kiasu, sorry for late reply. My son is almost 5 and I live in central area.
Just signed up for one term at United Sq and will see how it goes. -
My daughter is 3 yrs old and her Dad is British. She’s currently in an international preschool and she can speak English very fluently so I don’t think she has any disability in picking up languages.
The trouble is her Mandarin. They have Mandarin classes daily in school but till now she is unable to speak a single word of Mandarin and I suspect she cannot understand the language too.
She is at my Mum’s house three times a week in the afternoon and my mum speaks to her in Mandarin but for some reason DD is not using the language
Any recommendation for Mandarin enrichment classes I could send her to that is suitable for her ‘standard’? I’m not sure if I’m over reacting a bit now as eventually she will pick up the language? One of my friends told me during their 8 years in France her DD never spoke any English despite her best effort to teach her and when they are back in Singapore DD started chatting away fluently in English!
Any mums with children in the same situation as me able to provide some advice on their own experience?
Thanks! -
i couldn’t agree more.
-
Hi,
Can anyone kindly share with me what are some of the common Chinese characters that your child is currently learning to write in the child care center/kindergarten for k1 or K2?
Is it still basic strokes or already in short sentences?
Thanks for sharing. -
I’m not sure if this really helps but the Teacher at YLS Chinese Tuition Center helped one or two students who are quite weak too. Can contact at 82881107
Cuz i went to that teacher and she helped me a lot! -
Learning Chinese is not just sending the child to enrichment. The parents must converse with the child in Mandarin. It’s just like piano, if you do not practise, how are you going to improve??
-
sembgal:
The parents must converse with the child in Mandarin.
Agree. I think this is more useful than sending the child to Chinese tuition once a week for 2 hrs and expect miracle.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login