ABRSM Exams
-
peanut_butter:
That is why I insist my students to be able to pass a mock paper even before registering for the theory exam. Kiasu I know, but at least the results will be consistent.There's not much positive correlation between some of my students' mock and the actual result.
Strangely, they all converge to roughly the same scores. But I observe that the kids who fail their mocks are very careless and relatively stronger in their melody-writing skill. The other group is more focus and willing to memorise their musical terms. -
My mum, who is also a piano teacher, insists scoring 85 and above for ALL papers given before entering her students. Haha!
-
jce:
My mum, who is also a piano teacher, insists scoring 85 and above for ALL papers given before entering her students. Haha!
Well, teachers can be kiasu also
-
Well I think it’s best to score your distinctions in grades 1-5. Grade 6 and onwards is totally different…

Just as you would want to score full marks for papers in primary school before you start barely passing or even failing in secondary school… T^ T -
moltenglass:
Actually still can get merit and distinction for grade 6 and above lar. Its just that need a good teacher and student willing to commit exponentially more time. I know of students who practice the same amount of time ever since their grade 1 and in the end they hit the wall once reach grade 4 or 5. Same goes for theory.Well I think it's best to score your distinctions in grades 1-5. Grade 6 and onwards is totally different...

Just as you would want to score full marks for papers in primary school before you start barely passing or even failing in secondary school.. T^ T -
To all experienced parents and students, how long does it take to receive one’s ABRSM results? Sorry newbie here with exams. Thanks!
-
For the past few years, I’m able to check my student’s results about a month + a week after they take the exam, regardless practical or theory. If you are talking about certificates, they usually take about 2 weeks after they release the results online.
-
:frustrated: so long.... I just want to know fast... I don't like waiting.... This year I would die from waiting and waiting.... Waiting for ABRSM result, waiting for PSLE result, waiting for secondary posting result.... Sorry for the rant....
-
They have become more efficient now so you should be able to receive the results online after 3 weeks.
-
Today is the fourth year my children are taking ABRSM practical examination. From our past experiences and i did call the head office to enquire too. For example, for this whole week, 11-15 march, the examiner will only bring the graded exam paper to the head office on 16 march. Then we can view the results online in 2 weeks time, so my children should get the results online between 25-29/3/2013. Then again, we should receive the certificate with the graded exam paper in another 2 weeks.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login