Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Victoria School

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    1.4k Posts 120 Posters 609.1k Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • K Offline
      Kee Kor
      last edited by

      [/quote]


      I hope your son chooses VS. ๐Ÿ˜‚[/quote]

      Yes that's 1st choice if he meets the t-score.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • L Offline
        lurline
        last edited by

        Hi What The,

        Did your ds Opt for VS?
        We did.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • A Offline
          all for kids
          last edited by

          Hi What The, my DS is in Victoria School. Not all boys there are rough. This may happen in other schools as well, bound to have lemons somewhere. The schoolโ€™s disciplinary is strict. What you saw may be just a playful act. My DS enjoys his school life. Majority of the boys seem okay.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • R Offline
            rainbowie
            last edited by

            What The:
            Need some advice from parents whose DS are in Victoria IP Programme. DS likes Victoria when he went for the Open House and he applied for it via DSA. I am happy that he has a CO for IP programme from Victoria. However, on the day he went for the interview, he saw 2-3 boys pushing a boy onto the ground, and the boy's belongings spilled around him. Then they laughed at the boy, before one of them packed his bag, helped him up and left the scene. I didn't take into heart the incident but because of that, my DS ends up in a dilemma. He then told me much later that Victoria become his second choice and he is unsure if he should choose VS in his DSA School Preference Form.


            Ended up I was in a dilemma for a long while before PSLE as well. I do not believe or want a single incident to affect a choice. May I check on the culture of boys in Victoria? Are they generally rowdy (I am quite receptive to that as boys being boys but not physically) or ????

            Selection is approaching (24-28 October) so I would like to discuss with DS to make a good choice. He has another WL from an equally good school but the distance is a bit far. So parents whose DS is or was in the Victoria IP Programme, do let me have a feel of your experience of Victoria. Thank you very much.
            I am late but for the benefit of those pondering if VS is a good choice, I will definitely choose it again if I had a DS2 ๐Ÿ˜‚ . My DS looks forward to school everyday. He was bullied in his pri sch time so he can tell the difference between rough playing and bullying.

            If a boy is of a gentle and quiet nature, I believe the rough and rowdy boys will stay away from him. They are smart enough to identify who they can 'play rough' with and who they can't.

            If any boy feels that his treatment from friends aren't justifiable, he can report it to the Discipline Master (DM). The punishment is usually suspension from school with parents informed and expulsion after the 3rd suspension.

            I believe the incident your DS witnessed is rare but if they did help the 'victim' up after playing rough with him, I think it's not something of malicious nature. DS finds the DSA Sports boys, which formed the 'sports' class, the most playful and has the highest drop-out rate. Of course there are playful ones from the express and IP too.

            Overall, VS has high standard in academic performance, thanks to its dedicated teachers and the resources they compiled for the students. Like its affiliated VJC, the unofficial motto of its students is 'work hard & play hard'.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • W Offline
              What The
              last edited by

              all for kids:
              Hi What The, my DS is in Victoria School. Not all boys there are rough. This may happen in other schools as well, bound to have lemons somewhere. The school's disciplinary is strict. What you saw may be just a playful act. My DS enjoys his school life. Majority of the boys seem okay.

              Thanks for the assurance ๐Ÿ™‚

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • W Offline
                What The
                last edited by

                rainbowie:
                What The:

                Need some advice from parents whose DS are in Victoria IP Programme. DS likes Victoria when he went for the Open House and he applied for it via DSA. I am happy that he has a CO for IP programme from Victoria. However, on the day he went for the interview, he saw 2-3 boys pushing a boy onto the ground, and the boy's belongings spilled around him. Then they laughed at the boy, before one of them packed his bag, helped him up and left the scene. I didn't take into heart the incident but because of that, my DS ends up in a dilemma. He then told me much later that Victoria become his second choice and he is unsure if he should choose VS in his DSA School Preference Form.


                Ended up I was in a dilemma for a long while before PSLE as well. I do not believe or want a single incident to affect a choice. May I check on the culture of boys in Victoria? Are they generally rowdy (I am quite receptive to that as boys being boys but not physically) or ????

                Selection is approaching (24-28 October) so I would like to discuss with DS to make a good choice. He has another WL from an equally good school but the distance is a bit far. So parents whose DS is or was in the Victoria IP Programme, do let me have a feel of your experience of Victoria. Thank you very much.

                I am late but for the benefit of those pondering if VS is a good choice, I will definitely choose it again if I had a DS2 ๐Ÿ˜‚ . My DS looks forward to school everyday. He was bullied in his pri sch time so he can tell the difference between rough playing and bullying.

                If a boy is of a gentle and quiet nature, I believe the rough and rowdy boys will stay away from him. They are smart enough to identify who they can 'play rough' with and who they can't.

                If any boy feels that his treatment from friends aren't justifiable, he can report it to the Discipline Master (DM). The punishment is usually suspension from school with parents informed and expulsion after the 3rd suspension.

                I believe the incident your DS witnessed is rare but if they did help the 'victim' up after playing rough with him, I think it's not something of malicious nature. DS finds the DSA Sports boys, which formed the 'sports' class, the most playful and has the highest drop-out rate. Of course there are playful ones from the express and IP too.

                Overall, VS has high standard in academic performance, thanks to its dedicated teachers and the resources they compiled for the students. Like its affiliated VJC, the unofficial motto of its students is 'work hard & play hard'.

                Appreciate your sharing ๐Ÿ™‚

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • R Offline
                  rainbowie
                  last edited by

                  Youโ€™re welcome, What The.


                  In addition, DS was not very enthusiastic in games/sports and was more of a โ€˜followerโ€™ but he has changed a lot ever since being a Victorian. Itโ€™s a school that advocates sports, physical & leadership training. I am very relieved as he needs to start preparing for NS early and also to boost his self-confidence, learn to lead and acquire other life skills.
                  It would be sad if students only pursue academic excellence but VS sees the importance of an all-rounded education for its pupils.

                  P/s: the boys are very loyal to their CCAs, esp the uniformed groups

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • W Offline
                    What The
                    last edited by

                    rainbowie:
                    You're welcome, What The.


                    In addition, DS was not very enthusiastic in games/sports and was more of a 'follower' but he has changed a lot ever since being a Victorian. It's a school that advocates sports, physical & leadership training. I am very relieved as he needs to start preparing for NS early and also to boost his self-confidence, learn to lead and acquire other life skills.
                    It would be sad if students only pursue academic excellence but VS sees the importance of an all-rounded education for its pupils.

                    P/s: the boys are very loyal to their CCAs, esp the uniformed groups
                    Sounds good ๐Ÿ™‚
                    DS is not overweight but he is indeed on the meaty side and I have tried unsuccessfully to get him to go on a weekly jog with me.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • W Offline
                      What The
                      last edited by

                      lurline:
                      Hi What The,

                      Did your ds Opt for VS?
                      We did.
                      DS placed VS as his 2nd choice, 1st choice being a WL.
                      Hence, as of now, I do not know which school he will be allocated to.
                      But whichever school he is allocated, I am confident he will be in good hands.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • L Offline
                        lurline
                        last edited by

                        Hi What The,

                        Wish your ds all the best!

                        My ds2 is meaty too, I hope he will get to exercise more in VS. He refused to go jogging with me too!

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 106
                        • 107
                        • 108
                        • 109
                        • 110
                        • 135
                        • 136
                        • 108 / 136
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        EducareTutoringE
                        EducareTutoring

                        Statistics

                        8

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy