Victoria School
-
Report in classroom at 8.25am

-
mommylove27:
As per the email announcement addressed to parents which you will receive after the sch has updated parents' details:Hi,
Anyone knows if tomorrow school starts on 8.30am?
Thank you.
\"Start time for school in 2016. From 2015, the school has started at 8.30am for students every Thursday. This will continue to be the same in 2016. With many CCAs having training on Wednesday, we hope the late start on Thursday will enable students to have more sleep on Wednesday night. During 7.30-8.30am on Thursday mornings, our teachers will meet in professional learning teams to discuss teaching-learning matters (e.g. how to improve student learning in a topic)\".
\"For flag raising, students are to assemble in the School Hall (on Mondays and Wednesdays),
their respective classrooms (on Tuesdays)
and Parade Square (on Fridays), In case of inclement weather on Friday, flag-raising will be held in the Hall.
Thursday. All students are to be in their respective classrooms when flagraising starts at 8.30am\".
-
Hi, I understand that Monday is full uniform with tie day but what if they have PE before recess time? Thanks
-
Mummy23bb:
Hi, I understand that Monday is full uniform with tie day but what if they have PE before recess time? Thanks
As far as I know the full uniform with tie rule still applies in the morning.
-
Hmm… I thought tie is only required on Tuesday?
-
Thanks Thinkerrr.
-
Thinkerrrr:
Yes, indeed. I have never queried my ds for the past 2 years though I noticed that he would put on his white shirt to school every mon-thur morning even if he had PE, except for dress-down Fri which he would wear his PE shirt with khaki shorts to school.Mummy23bb:
Hi, I understand that Monday is full uniform with tie day but what if they have PE before recess time? Thanks
As far as I know the full uniform with tie rule still applies in the morning.
-
AZWildcat:
Hmm... I thought tie is only required on Tuesday?
It should be Mon.
-
rainbowie:
Yes, indeed. I have never queried my ds for the past 2 years though I noticed that he would put on his white shirt to school every mon-thur morning even if he had PE, except for dress-down Fri which he would wear his PE shirt with khaki shorts to school.[/quote]Same for ds.Thinkerrrr:
[quote=\"Mummy23bb\"]Hi, I understand that Monday is full uniform with tie day but what if they have PE before recess time? Thanks
As far as I know the full uniform with tie rule still applies in the morning.
He said it's the sch's rule to wear the normal uniform (non-PE attire) before and after PE, except on fridays. -
Right, the school is quite strict on ties and this as well. Some repercussions for forgetting the tie on Mondays. Guess it's part of the 140-year tradition.

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login