Catholic High School
-
firefly38:
Hi Cowie.. Thanks for asking..Cowiemama:
Firefly
Did u attend the tea session on 17 May? Will your DS2 be going for the DSA CAT Hi?
Yes, I attended the tea session on 17/5.. It was held at the Sec Sch Hall.. Attendance was overwhelming..
After two performances by the MEP boys, Mr Lee briefed us on the IP curriculum and the new JC, which will be the first 'high-rise' JC in SG (10 storeys).. It will be located opposite Salvation Army @ Bishan (where the golf driving range is now)...
One thing I like about CHS is its mobility between IP & O Level routes.. If a child from the IP route cannot cope, he can 'move' to the O Level track at Sec-3.. Likewise, if a child from the O Level track shows independence & academic excellence, he can 'move' to the IP route at Sec-3 too (after test & interview)..
Have discussed with DS2.. He says he wants to give it a try.. So, I will support his decision..
That's great! I also like the dual tracks the school offers. It really caters the needs for my DS 2 lol.
Hope your DS2 can gets in thru DSA. Good luck to the GAT
-
Is Cat High the only sec school (dual tracks) that can ‘move’ the child from IP to O level and vice versa at Sec 3 without ‘kick’ him out from Cat High? I heard if a child did badly in IP sch will be ‘kick’ out from the sec school. Pls advise.
-
Starbear:
Is Cat High the only sec school (dual tracks) that can 'move' the child from IP to O level and vice versa at Sec 3 without 'kick' him out from Cat High? I heard if a child did badly in IP sch will be 'kick' out from the sec school. Pls advise.
Dual track schools are chs, victoria, sji, acsi, st nick, scgs and mgs.
I believe even in full ip schools like hci or dhs, they have O level to cater to those who are not able to adapt to ip -
Dreamgear:
NJC doesn't have hor. If really cannot make it, they are asked to leave at sec 3.Starbear:
Is Cat High the only sec school (dual tracks) that can 'move' the child from IP to O level and vice versa at Sec 3 without 'kick' him out from Cat High? I heard if a child did badly in IP sch will be 'kick' out from the sec school. Pls advise.
Dual track schools are chs, victoria, sji, acsi, st nick, scgs and mgs.
I believe even in full ip schools like hci or dhs, they have O level to cater to those who are not able to adapt to ip -
phankao:
NJC doesn't have hor. If really cannot make it, they are asked to leave at sec 3.
Just being curious - any idea what is the % of those who cant make it in NJC? -
phankao:
NJC doesn't have hor. If really cannot make it, they are asked to leave at sec 3.[/quote]Dreamgear:
[quote=\"Starbear\"]Is Cat High the only sec school (dual tracks) that can 'move' the child from IP to O level and vice versa at Sec 3 without 'kick' him out from Cat High? I heard if a child did badly in IP sch will be 'kick' out from the sec school. Pls advise.
Dual track schools are chs, victoria, sji, acsi, st nick, scgs and mgs.
I believe even in full ip schools like hci or dhs, they have O level to cater to those who are not able to adapt to ip
Thank you for the info, Dreamgear and phankao.
Any idea what is the cut off point for DSA CHS-IP (non-affiliation) ? -
I believe DSA have no cut off point (and no affiliation). Once you have an offer and you accepted the offer, you have to qualify for Express stream for the offer to be valid
-
zbear:
I don't know about all the years. At most, less than a handful.phankao:
NJC doesn't have hor. If really cannot make it, they are asked to leave at sec 3.
Just being curious - any idea what is the % of those who cant make it in NJC? -
May I ask how many sec-1 classes are there in CHS, and how many boys per class ?
How many IP classes are there, and approximately how many boys joined CHS IP via DSA ? 50% ?
Sorry… So many questions… -
firefly38:
Total 9 sec 1 classes, out of which 5 are IP.May I ask how many sec-1 classes are there in CHS, and how many boys per class ?
How many IP classes are there, and approximately how many boys joined CHS IP via DSA ? 50% ?
Sorry.. So many questions..
30 to 35 boys per class
Dsa % - no idea
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login