Catholic High School
-
Ichigokun:
But if still fail the retest means have to retain right...? :nailbite:[/quote]I read above that you said you already passed the \"Minimum\" number of subjects required, and you passed EL, right? So not retained lah.
Means you're not retained lah. Just have to re-take the Math exam in November, that's all.phankao:
[quote=\"Ichigokun\"]
Really? They didn't contact mine directly and neither did they say anything last week but they informed me on Monday that my parents will have to go down to meet with the level head to discuss more on what they can do next year.
I did pass the minimum number of subjects required which is English +3/4 other subjects but I didn't pass 50% because of A-Math & E-Math if it's 8 subjects we're talking about. If it's L1R5's 50% then I passed.. :oops:
There were another 10+ people facing the same situation as me though.. So worried now :faint: -
May I ask… What is the (approx) percentage of boys being retained in Sec-1, for IP & O Level ?
Thank you… -
Just want to check are there any current year 2 O level track students move to Year 3 IP next year?
-
iFirefly:
Catholic High will have new Principal in 2015 based on the http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/press/files/2014/10/annex-a-aacp-2014.pdfMay I ask.. What is the (approx) percentage of boys being retained in Sec-1, for IP & O Level ?
Thank you..
For O Level track, DS taking O Level this year and still under the current Principal, only the S3 students got retained for DS's batch, that is those retained will be doing O Level next year if they passed their S3 this year.
Not sure for IP. But I heard DS's tuition mate from other IP school, they have to make choice at S3, the ok ones continue the IP, the good ones also go to some more differentiated programs, the weak ones are to choose between (1) moving to S4 but need to take O Level or (2) retain in S3 to continue IP.
But Cath High IP is new, so not sure and next year new Principal, if the O Level track still the same remains to be seen. -
JonC:
For IP in cat high, the last year to switch to O level is at end of sec 2.
Catholic High will have new Principal in 2015 based on the http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/press/files/2014/10/annex-a-aacp-2014.pdfiFirefly:
May I ask.. What is the (approx) percentage of boys being retained in Sec-1, for IP & O Level ?
Thank you..
For O Level track, DS taking O Level this year and still under the current Principal, only the S3 students got retained for DS's batch, that is those retained will be doing O Level next year if they passed their S3 this year.
Not sure for IP. But I heard DS's tuition mate from other IP school, they have to make choice at S3, the ok ones continue the IP, the good ones also go to some more differentiated programs, the weak ones are to choose between (1) moving to S4 but need to take O Level or (2) retain in S3 to continue IP.
But Cath High IP is new, so not sure and next year new Principal, if the O Level track still the same remains to be seen. -
iFirefly:
I think the year they start retention is at sec2.May I ask.. What is the (approx) percentage of boys being retained in Sec-1, for IP & O Level ?
Thank you..
For IP, added choice of switch to O level track... Unless the result is very bad -
Cowiemama:
Just want to check are there any current year 2 O level track students move to Year 3 IP next year?
Sec 3 IP is a DSA year, there will be students coming in from all over... However no idea how many from chs o level track... -
Dreamgear:
Yes.. I think the school needs at least 2 years to prepare the boys adequately for O Levels..
For IP in cat high, the last year to switch to O level is at end of sec 2.JonC:
Catholic High will have new Principal in 2015 based on the http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/press/files/2014/10/annex-a-aacp-2014.pdf
For O Level track, DS taking O Level this year and still under the current Principal, only the S3 students got retained for DS's batch, that is those retained will be doing O Level next year if they passed their S3 this year.
Not sure for IP. But I heard DS's tuition mate from other IP school, they have to make choice at S3, the ok ones continue the IP, the good ones also go to some more differentiated programs, the weak ones are to choose between (1) moving to S4 but need to take O Level or (2) retain in S3 to continue IP.
But Cath High IP is new, so not sure and next year new Principal, if the O Level track still the same remains to be seen.
I recall Mr Lee saying, during the DSA talk, that the 'skybridge' for students to switch from IP to O Levels (& vice versa) is at the end of Sec-2.. -
Dreamgear:
:thankyou: Dreamgear..
I think the year they start retention is at sec2.iFirefly:
May I ask.. What is the (approx) percentage of boys being retained in Sec-1, for IP & O Level ?
Thank you..
For IP, added choice of switch to O level track... Unless the result is very bad
PS : You've turned BLUE !! :celebrate: -
Cath High open house on 22nd Nov
https://www.facebook.com/my.gongjiao/po ... 88901774:0
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login