Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Watching plays/performances

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Social Time, Outings & Games
    114 Posts 20 Posters 54.2k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • laughingcatL Offline
      laughingcat
      last edited by

      Hello! Didn't find this thread until now. šŸ˜„



      Heard from my friends that they preferred Act3 than JG. And so I have just registered my boy to Act3 this coming Sat. Hopefully he likes it since he is very \"drama\" at home. :lol:

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • M Offline
        mummy of 2
        last edited by

        hi laughingcat


        Hope your boy enjoys act3. I find it quite gd, tho i have not brought my son to JG, so can't compare.

        On another note, I find that DS1 has very expressive facial expressions recently. I like to think it's becos of all the plays he has watched šŸ˜„

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • D Offline
          daisyt
          last edited by

          Hi, dd attended a week holiday programes with Act3 while waiting for PSLE result. It really opened her up, something new to her and she enjoyed so much!

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • M Offline
            mummy of 2
            last edited by

            Hi


            Brought DS1 to watch \"Room on the Broom\" on Sat. Thoroughly enjoyable šŸ˜„

            Looking forward to the next play this Sat.

            hi Autumnbronze - How was the session at Act 3? Hope your DS had fun :lol:

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • M Offline
              mummy of 2
              last edited by

              Watched \"Into the Deep deep Forest: Mouse bakes a cookie\" last Sat. I was there early this time, and as not many people turned up, I was seated right in front šŸ˜„


              The pre-show interaction witn audience was a nice touch, and helped to ease the kids into the play. I'm likely to bring DD2 to the next Playtime play.

              Bought the CD comprising songs from the \"Into the Deep Deep Forest\" plays. Value for $ as have alraedy played it 5 times in four days šŸ˜‰

              Anyone else watched and would like to share?

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • A Offline
                autumnbronze
                last edited by

                mummy of 2:
                Watched \"Into the Deep deep Forest: Mouse bakes a cookie\" last Sat. I was there early this time, and as not many people turned up, I was seated right in front šŸ˜„


                The pre-show interaction witn audience was a nice touch, and helped to ease the kids into the play. I'm likely to bring DD2 to the next Playtime play.

                Bought the CD comprising songs from the \"Into the Deep Deep Forest\" plays. Value for $ as have alraedy played it 5 times in four days šŸ˜‰

                Anyone else watched and would like to share?
                Hi mummy of 2,

                Yup, went for the weekday show. DS enjoyed it cuz theme of cooking and he is VERY into that now šŸ˜„ . Could relate to the oven, ingredients etc... The next one is in April. Must look out for it.

                As for Act3, quite disappointing (according to DH). In the morn b4 DH left with DS, I called to ensure his name was down. Apparently it wasn't. But they said DH could still go as there were places. However, the class was full of younger kids and according to my DH, it was quite disorganzied ... so I can't comment more until I see it for myself....

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • M Offline
                  mummy of 2
                  last edited by

                  Hi autumnbronze


                  Did you get the CD? I find it quite good, as it serves to refresh memory of the play. Even DD2 who did not watch any of the plays, loved the music and would dance to it.

                  How did you know about the one in Apr? Is it on the Esplanade website? I alraedy bought tix for \"Bear and Chicken Go to School\" in early Apr. Hopefully no clash šŸ™

                  Oh, didn't know Act3 is so disorganised now :shock:

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • A Offline
                    autumnbronze
                    last edited by

                    mummy of 2:
                    Hi autumnbronze


                    Did you get the CD? I find it quite good, as it serves to refresh memory of the play. Even DD2 who did not watch any of the plays, loved the music and would dance to it.

                    How did you know about the one in Apr? Is it on the Esplanade website? I alraedy bought tix for \"Bear and Chicken Go to School\" in early Apr. Hopefully no clash šŸ™

                    Oh, didn't know Act3 is so disorganised now :shock:
                    Don't know, maybe it was one off??? But the parking is really a killer lah.. really don't know how those who don't drive manage??

                    I know its in APril cuz my ex-NIE course mate is working for them, and she told me that as I was leaving the theatre .... šŸ˜„ For the bear and chic, I bought tix for mar ....

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • M Offline
                      mummy of 2
                      last edited by

                      I don't drive but I can tell that the parking is really limited at Act3. I usually take MRT and walk there or take taxi if in a hurry.


                      Ok, will keep a lookout for the next Playtime play then. Do update on Bear and Chicken after you watch šŸ˜„

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • A Offline
                        autumnbronze
                        last edited by

                        mummy of 2:
                        I don't drive but I can tell that the parking is really limited at Act3. I usually take MRT and walk there or take taxi if in a hurry.


                        Ok, will keep a lookout for the next Playtime play then. Do update on Bear and Chicken after you watch šŸ˜„
                        Sure, will do ... šŸ˜„

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better šŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 8
                        • 9
                        • 10
                        • 11
                        • 12
                        • 10 / 12
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy