I Can Read - Discussion
-
beautyseek:
Hi Beautyseek, do not worry. I would advise you to download dolch words or fry words to teach your child by yourself. I taught my own child how to read only when she was in K2. I introduced Little Miss and Mr Men series as well as Peter and Jane. My dd could read challenging books meant for upper primary levels when she was in P2. It doesn't mean that the earlier the child starts to read, the better it is. You have to see if the child is ready or not. A child who is ready to learn to read will learn very fast in a matter of months' time. Spend 15 minutes to read with your child. You will see results. Lastly, read to your child daily to cultivate a habit of reading.Hi All
My son is in K2 this year but we observed that he cannot read even simple words. We are getting very worried and would like to sign him up for ICR Parkway. Our aim is for him to be able to read by the time he starts P1 in Jan next year. I hope we are not too late. I called Learning Point to enquire but was told not to even try as the kids there all can read by end of K1!
Any advice on teachers and programmes at Parkway Centre?
Any kind mummy willing to lend me name for sign up discounts with ICR?
THANK YOU! -
Beautyseek, I had the same problems with my younger daughter. We sent her to ICR at Parkway for about a year and didn’t observe any real improvements. I feel I kind of wasted money.
Her sch teachers helped by putting her in a reading programme. She’s in P2 now and can read pretty well. From failing English and math (because she can’t read problem sums), she’s now managing very decent grades. -
Hi,
Any comments for Punggol branch?
Does I Can Read accept referral fees discount?
Thank you. -
Hi, any mummies with child in ICR Sun plaza branch? My girl just promoted to ICRP class.
Anyone got reviews or experiences with teacher Mae Wong?
-
I just trf my boy from city sq branch to punggol waterway point branch. WWP centre is poorly managed despite there are 3 admin staffs. Firstly they are aware that my boy is a trf student. They call me to confirm his commencement date. He has complete ICR in city sq. He join the P1 pep programme at wwp starting this sat. Last week i check with the admin staffs with regards to payment. They ask me back if any outstanding payment been trf over? Shouldnt they got everything check since they are aware he has trf over. Beside this is their internal payment trf. How would i know? This week went in to ask again and also check the material fees. I repeated the story to 3 admin staffs 3 times and end up told me they need to check! Gave them time till end of the lesson and the reply i got is let me know next week. So my boy did not have any material for class yesterday. I feel so pissed with the way they work. City sq branch only have 1 admin but she is very organise and can address almost all the parent by calling so and so daddy or mummy. Sorry for the long post but i really need to rant! Now im thinking to switch him back to city sq branch thou i need to travel while wwp is walking distance.
-
Dear Parents
Anyone send their kids to ICR at either JURONG EAST or JURONG WEST branch? I would like to know the review there…
TIA -
Hi all,
Is the new branch at tiong bahru good?
Any recommendation on the teachers? -
Hi all,
Any reviews for Teacher Priya at Kovan branch?
Btw, do they accept referral discount?
Thank you. -
Does anyone have any feedback about ICR’s primary English programme. Is it good?
-
I have a 3yrs old boy. Wondering if it is too early to start icr class. Any parents gt suggestions when is a gd age to start. His sch is doing letterland phonicss. He can recognize the alphabet but pronunciation is still not accurate. Tia
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login