Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Appeal Secondary One Posting

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Secondary Schools - Selection
    1.3k Posts 918 Posters 1.4m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • N Offline
      Notuitionmum
      last edited by

      Heard from my son ex-classmate that one boy with 226 just got accepted by AHS. My son result was better then the boy. Why?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • K Offline
        kiasukwang
        last edited by

        I believe ur DS friend entered the sch thru DSA.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • J Offline
          Just relax
          last edited by

          Not necessary through DSA, this is at the appeal stage where the school will look at a number of factors before deciding which child to accept. As both child do not meet the CO point and there will be other appeal children as well, the school will review the merits of each child and decide which child can be accepted.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • G Offline
            Gwen Stacy
            last edited by

            Hey gals 🙂 I am currently a sec 1 girl. I finished my PSLE but I did not do very well. I got 244+3 and I can't go NJC or Nanyang even though I score A* for my CL and distinction for my HCL.


            I am very depressed and sad everyday as I badly want to get into Nanyang and NJC. A lot of my friends are there now. I would like to appeal at the end of the year but what am I supposed to do?

            People who take the test before, it is very hard? What must I score for my year end results? And will I be able to appeal? I need your help and comment!! Your help will be appreciated. Thanks a lot 🙂

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • S Offline
              Skyed
              last edited by

              Hey there. I’m a student awaiting JC1 school posting. When I was sec 2, I was pushed to appeal to Nanyang by my parents. We paid about $100, and then I had to sit tests for English, Chinese, Science and Math. I wasn’t successful. One of my friends who also tried, wasn’t successful as well. She’s was the top girl in my school’s cohort for sec 2 and 3 (and for O levels she scored 9A1s and 1A2) but she was rejected by Nanyang at sec 2. Her father called up the school to ask how was it possible that his daughter got rejected, and was informed that there was only 1 vancancy, which went to a china scholar. If I had known there was only 1 vacancy I wouldn’t have even paid to sit the test. Btw, there were at least 50 people taking the entry tests. If you try for Nanyang, I would say chances are slim to impossible.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • B Offline
                belyew
                last edited by

                Does your DS have HMT? Some SAP schools do not take in HMT bonus points into consideration during appeal. They only take in T-score which is quite unfair. I have the same encounter for a SAP school too.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • S Offline
                  Skyed
                  last edited by

                  belyew:
                  Does your DS have HMT? Some SAP schools do not take in HMT bonus points into consideration during appeal. They only take in T-score which is quite unfair. I have the same encounter for a SAP school too.

                  Well, it's up to the school. Although MOE posting is by merit, when it comes to appeal it's the school's decision.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • G Offline
                    Gwen Stacy
                    last edited by

                    Hi and thx for the reply. So u are saying that my chances are NONE rite? I'm already very depressed now and now that i know it's very saddening for me

                    😞

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • S Offline
                      Skyed
                      last edited by

                      Just enjoy yourself in the current school you are in. Do well for O levels and you can go HC/RJ.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • C Offline
                        Crester
                        last edited by

                        Gwen Stacy:
                        Hi and thx for the reply. So u are saying that my chances are NONE rite? I'm already very depressed now and now that i know it's very saddening for me

                        😞
                        Please don't be depressed.
                        You scored 247, that's a good score. Don't undermine yourself.
                        With your score, I'm sure you are in a much sought after school, right?
                        You shd enjoy Yrself in the new school.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 129
                        • 130
                        • 131
                        • 132
                        • 133
                        • 131 / 133
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy