Appeal Secondary One Posting
-
Skyed:
Heard from DD's tuition teacher that some even got their marks deducted after paper recheck.
The year I did my PSLE one of the top scorers in my school went to get her paper rechecked but there was no addition of marks.Sad Person:
Has anyone used money to appeal for the exam paper to be recheck ?
And success?Add some marks? -
12am:
Heard from DD's tuition teacher that some even got their marks deducted after paper recheck.[/quote] :shock: Wow... Pay money to lose marks.
The year I did my PSLE one of the top scorers in my school went to get her paper rechecked but there was no addition of marks.Skyed:
[quote=\"Sad Person\"]Has anyone used money to appeal for the exam paper to be recheck ?
And success?Add some marks? -
Hi, I am new. Next week is the Sec 1 posting result. I will likely have to appeal for my son as his results may not get him into his first choice school.
I am grateful if you could advise me on when I could start the process of appealing?
Is there a deadline for appealing?
The sec school reporting is on 20 dec 8:30am. As we may not be in S’pore then and back only on 23 Dec, do you think it is too late to appeal to the school of choice on 24 Dec?
Thank you very much for all your advice. -
Online appeal for some schools usually starts on the afternoon of the day of S1 posting . 24 Dec might be a bit too late but you could go down to the school and try.
-
Thanks for the advice. I wonder if there is a first come first served basis in appealing; that is, my chances are higher if I submit appeal earlier. Thanks for the advice.
-
No. There is no first come first serve here. Schools have full liberty to select a deserving candidate
-
Suggest u call the school(s) to find out first as some, especially the top schools may have earlier cut off dates, what is your son’s score and which schools are u looking at ?
-
helenthean:
Thanks for the advice. I wonder if there is a first come first served basis in appealing; that is, my chances are higher if I submit appeal earlier. Thanks for the advice.
School will choose the ones with higher score or good in CCA (sports) Just like school posting, results or DSA. Can try if miss not more than 3 points. Anything more than that will be a bit tough. -
mummy so kiasu:
Anyone knows when the results of the appeal be?helenthean:
Thanks for the advice. I wonder if there is a first come first served basis in appealing; that is, my chances are higher if I submit appeal earlier. Thanks for the advice.
School will choose the ones with higher score or good in CCA (sports) Just like school posting, results or DSA. Can try if miss not more than 3 points. Anything more than that will be a bit tough. -
Thanks to both for your advice. My son did not do well and will have to settle for neighboutrhood schools. His score is in mid 220s only and I have applied Riverside Sec in Woodlands for him. I believe we should be within 3 points from COP.
Is there a deadline for appealing?
The sec school reporting is on 20 dec 8:30am. As we may not be in S’pore then and back only on 23 Dec, do you think it is too late to appeal to the school of choice on 24 Dec?
Deeply appreciate all your advice.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login