Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Comparing Science Enrichment Programs

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Science
    1.2k Posts 551 Posters 516.7k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • L Offline
      Laurenwkids
      last edited by

      firefly38:
      24hr-mum:

      any gd sci tuition centre or teacher to recommend?


      Heard that Mastery Learning Centre (Bishan & Balmoral Plaza) is good at preparing students for exams/PSLE (especially in Science). Any parents whose kids are/were in Mastery Science? Appreciate your feedback and comments...

      My kid is there, recently just joined..have been there for about 2 months. I really like their worksheets and teaching methods. They are much clearer than the previous centre I was at and the way the the teacher teaches helps my kid to really grasp the concept. I can't give the teacher's name though as I heard from a friend whose kid is in the same class that the class is full and she is not taking any more classes and she also does not want her name to 'spread' as she might want to slow down and take fewer classes next year. But I believe the other teachers should be good as well.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • I Offline
        iFirefly
        last edited by

        Laurenwkids:
        firefly38:

        [quote=\"24hr-mum\"]any gd sci tuition centre or teacher to recommend?


        Heard that Mastery Learning Centre (Bishan & Balmoral Plaza) is good at preparing students for exams/PSLE (especially in Science). Any parents whose kids are/were in Mastery Science? Appreciate your feedback and comments...

        My kid is there, recently just joined..have been there for about 2 months. I really like their worksheets and teaching methods. They are much clearer than the previous centre I was at and the way the the teacher teaches helps my kid to really grasp the concept. I can't give the teacher's name though as I heard from a friend whose kid is in the same class that the class is full and she is not taking any more classes and she also does not want her name to 'spread' as she might want to slow down and take fewer classes next year. But I believe the other teachers should be good as well.[/quote]Hi Laurenwkids, thanks for your feedback!
        Is your kid attending lessons at Bishan or Balmoral Plaza? Thanks, once again! 😄

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • L Offline
          Laurenwkids
          last edited by

          Hi firefly38,


          My kid is at the bishan branch.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • I Offline
            iFirefly
            last edited by

            Laurenwkids:
            Hi firefly38,


            My kid is at the bishan branch.
            Hi Laurenwkids.. Glad to hear that, as my DS2's school is very near to Mastery Bishan.. 😄

            DS2 (P4) got back his SA1 Science results yesterday.. He got 56/60 for Section A (MCQ), but only 28/40 for Section B (Open-Ended).. I have decided to sign up Science tuition for DS2 to improve on his skills on answering open-ended questions.. Your post came in timely.. Thanks, once again! 😄

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • P Offline
              parentingangel
              last edited by

              parentingangel:
              Hi, anyone been to Mighty Science?

              Saw it on any website....
              http://mightysciencesg.blogspot.com/
              Can anyone provide me with a referral to Mighty Science holiday program?
              I intend to enrol my boy for their solar science class.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • L Offline
                Laurenwkids
                last edited by

                Glad I could help in anyway, yes my kid struggled in section B too, this time SA1 i saw a slight improvement, I am not expecting miracles within such a short time but the fact that she is much clearer on her concepts in 2 months give me some ‘an xin’ feeling.


                Where is your child at for Math? I am looking for good math centre…my kids did not do too well, they have been with a pte tutor for a while.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • M Offline
                  Mummy-oan
                  last edited by

                  Pse advise how to improve and score in science paper booklet B - Process Skill? My girl just managed to pass it. Quite worried as PSLE is getting closer.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • G Offline
                    G Tan
                    last edited by

                    Mummy-oan:
                    Pse advise how to improve and score in science paper booklet B - Process Skill? My girl just managed to pass it. Quite worried as PSLE is getting closer.

                    Using the right key words in the correct way

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • 2 Offline
                      24hr-mum
                      last edited by

                      try compare the child’s answer with the model answer. the ans must be precise and direct and usg sci keywords, not like a layman.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • I Offline
                        iFirefly
                        last edited by

                        Laurenwkids:
                        Glad I could help in anyway, yes my kid struggled in section B too, this time SA1 i saw a slight improvement, I am not expecting miracles within such a short time but the fact that she is much clearer on her concepts in 2 months give me some 'an xin' feeling.


                        Where is your child at for Math? I am looking for good math centre..my kids did not do too well, they have been with a pte tutor for a while.
                        Hi Laurenkids, sorry for my late reply...

                        My DS also did not do well in the recent SA1 Math exam (P4) :gloomy: .. He scored only 7/20 in Section C (1 qn correct-4m, 2 qns wrong-0m, 1 qn-1m, 1qn-2m) 😢 !!! I asked DS why couldn't he solve most of the problem sums, DS said the teacher did not teach them how to do so! Then I asked why his classmates could solve most of the problem sums, DS said they learned the methods from their tutors! :shock:

                        I have been holding back my decision to sign up tuition classes for my DS2, coz I did not need to do so for my DS1 (who is in Sec-1 this year), so I thot I could do the same or DS2, but guess I have been wrong all this while :slapshead: ! Actually, I am also trying to source for a good Math tutor for DS2.. I am contemplating OnSponge Math, Perceptum Math or Concept Math. Do you have any centres in mind, and wish to share your experiences here? :idea:

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 24
                        • 25
                        • 26
                        • 27
                        • 28
                        • 118
                        • 119
                        • 26 / 119
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        msywM
                        msyw

                        Statistics

                        4

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy