Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    All About Right Brain Training

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Brain Training & Thinking Skills
    226 Posts 77 Posters 285.9k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M Offline
      mintcc
      last edited by

      hee I can't find any nice tangram sets so my is printed from

      http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Make_a_tangram.svg

      I just paste both sides on a card board and paste a plastic sheets over it on both sides. You can use the shapes to make lots of pictures. Can try this site for samples of pictures to make with the tangram
      http://www.apples4theteacher.com/tangrams.html

      will need go back and take pix for the blocks

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • M Offline
        min
        last edited by

        My son has been in Shichida for a year. I think if parents want to see good results from such programmes, they have to be really diligent in teaching their kids. If just depend on the school, the results will not be significant. Shichida has open house so momresource, you may like to check it out. BTW, i think Trio centre is opened by ex-shichida staff…

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • M Offline
          momresource
          last edited by

          Hi mincy,


          Thanks for the link. Now I know it is called tangram puzzle. I got 2 wooden sets that I got from those neighbourhood stationary shop (quality not so bad) and my boy was keen for awhile only. But I think the only toy he continue to play is lego.

          I look forward for your photo block puzzle.


          Hi Min,

          Yes, I totally agree with you that parents involvement is crucial for any programs to be successful. I think all programs will one way or another be beneficial for the kid and parents, but we can;t possibly send our kids to all courses. One of reasons I am researching into the various right-brain schools to enroll my kid b’cos if some programs already coincide with the activities I am doing for them, I will give it a miss lor.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • M Offline
            min
            last edited by

            Momresource,


            Just to add, Shichida also trains photographic memory… I saw some materials available at Popular which you can use to train … but it’s in chinese though… block games also have which train their logic thinking

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • M Offline
              min
              last edited by

              Hi Chief Kiasu,


              Can share which are the links the trio centre recommended for making materials? I run out of ideas 😛

              Thanks!

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • M Offline
                momresource
                last edited by

                Hi mincy,


                Thanks for the link. Now I know it is called tangram puzzle. I got 2 wooden sets that I got from those neighbourhood stationary shop (quality not so bad) and my boy was keen for awhile only. But I think the only toy he continue to play is lego.

                I look forward for your photo block puzzle.


                Hi Min,

                Yes, I totally agree with you that parents involvement is crucial for any programs to be successful. I think all programs will one way or another be beneficial for the kid and parents, but we can;t possibly send our kids to all courses. One of reasons I am researching into the various right-brain schools to enroll my kid b’cos if some programs already coincide with the activities I am doing for them, I will give it a miss lor.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • M Offline
                  mintcc
                  last edited by

                  Hi momresource,


                  sorry, just manage to take the images and upload. The blocks have different patterns on each side so you can make pictures with it. In a way its similar to the tangram puzzles.

                  http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV6DB5i


                  http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq2XP4r

                  http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gx7oOTr

                  hee my son only likes to push his barrel of legos on the floor and make a light saber.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • M Offline
                    momresource
                    last edited by

                    Hi Mincy,


                    Thanks for taking time to take photo and post here.

                    May I ask where you purchase this materials? Are there indication for which age group to play?

                    Btw, have you tried out logico? I heard good reviews about it but the english version is expensive; alternatively, the chinsese version is available at $100+.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • M Offline
                      mintcc
                      last edited by

                      Hi mumresource,


                      I got this set from the Tensai store in shichida… about 26 bucks. I need to check back on the recommended age but I think it’s between 2-5. Basically my boy was helping himself with the display set at the store after his lessons and saying "I wan this" so many times that I got pai seh and buy.

                      I have heard good reviews of logico too but my boy was not willing to play with it when a sales person was trying to get him interested in it so I did not buy it.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • M Offline
                        Mishasha
                        last edited by

                        http://www.qnkf.net/etyn.htm

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 4
                        • 5
                        • 22
                        • 23
                        • 2 / 23
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        5

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy