Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Green Tea

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Health
    65 Posts 17 Posters 35.9k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M Offline
      MLR
      last edited by

      tree nymph:
      i've a question - how about milk? I love milk...


      for breakfast, i usually have a glass of HL milk with oats or nestum... ok or not?
      Milk is consider as whole food, just as long as you don't over-indulge.
      Its my preferred b'fast drink too. If you worry, take skimmed milk, half the fat of full cream milk.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • B Offline
        BlurBee
        last edited by

        Funz:
        For breakfast, it is usually steamed tofu, hardboiled eggs, braised tofu and eggs, cereal with unsweetened soya milk, Chawan mushi, shoyu soba or at times, left over soup from dinner.

        I always eat cereal with low fat milk, now I know there is another way.
        :thankyou:

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • B Offline
          BlurBee
          last edited by

          schweppes:
          I've tried cutting down on my carbo but feel hungry afterwards. Also, if I'm too hungry, I have a terrible headache which will affect the rest of my day.

          Hi schweppes, I'll also tends to get headache when I'm too hungry. Initally didn't realise that until one of my friends told me about it.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • FunzF Offline
            Funz
            last edited by

            Well to start with, I am not big on carbo so not much effect on me. But I do find myself getting forgetful and I do have the constant feeling of not being satisfied. That lasted only a few days. When I am hungry, I snack on cherry tomatoes or cucumber sticks, drink unsweetened soya milk or take unsweetened or lightly sweetened tau huay.


            Dried fruits are like berries, guava slices and nuts are ok. But raisins have high sugar content as well so go easy.

            There is really no need to go completely cold turkey. Do it in stages.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • M Offline
              MLR
              last edited by

              Hiya all, any tips for keeping the kgs away for this feasting and pigging out season? I would be doing max 2 visits a day, then wouldn’t hv to over-eat out of politeness.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • A Offline
                autumnbronze
                last edited by

                BlurBee:
                schweppes:

                I've tried cutting down on my carbo but feel hungry afterwards. Also, if I'm too hungry, I have a terrible headache which will affect the rest of my day.


                Hi schweppes, I'll also tends to get headache when I'm too hungry. Initally didn't realise that until one of my friends told me about it.

                BlurBee, Schweppes,

                The headache I get when I don't eat on time, esp if I miss breakfast and not have an early lunch can be v v intense - can't take it :siao:

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • FunzF Offline
                  Funz
                  last edited by

                  MLR:
                  Hiya all, any tips for keeping the kgs away for this feasting and pigging out season? I would be doing max 2 visits a day, then wouldn't hv to over-eat out of politeness.

                  It's CNY, I intend to enjoy so for those 3 days, not gonna bother much. Thereafter then back to the usual routine.

                  Did that in december with all the christmas and holidays. Put on 1kg in the 2 weeks that I was in Australia. You know lah, burgers and chips and wine and pasta. But the moment I went back to my normal diet, the weight melted away.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • FunzF Offline
                    Funz
                    last edited by

                    autumnbronze:
                    BlurBee, Schweppes,


                    The headache I get when I don't eat on time, esp if I miss breakfast and not have an early lunch can be v v intense - can't take it :siao:
                    Moral of the story, dun skip breakfast.

                    Can't remember where I read it but there were studies done that shows that people who skip breakfast tend to put on weight more easily. Maybe cos metabolic rate is slow and by the time it's lunch time we are ravenous and may eat more then required.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • B Offline
                      Blobbi
                      last edited by

                      Funz:
                      ...But the moment I went back to my normal diet, the weight melted away.

                      Wah, I'm so inspired. That's true acutally - my normal lifestyle of walking too quickly, too much caffeine (this time via green tea) and just regular amounts of food helps me to sustain my weight.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • A Offline
                        autumnbronze
                        last edited by

                        Funz:
                        autumnbronze:

                        BlurBee, Schweppes,


                        The headache I get when I don't eat on time, esp if I miss breakfast and not have an early lunch can be v v intense - can't take it :siao:

                        Moral of the story, dun skip breakfast.

                        Can't remember where I read it but there were studies done that shows that people who skip breakfast tend to put on weight more easily. Maybe cos metabolic rate is slow and by the time it's lunch time we are ravenous and may eat more then required.

                        Funz, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I will have a muesli bar (Uncle Toby's) when I am on the go ie drop DH to work, bring DS to playgrp etc... but lately have found that too sweet. So am finding an alternative. Any suggestions for any \"on the go\" breakfast?? 😄

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 4
                        • 5
                        • 6
                        • 7
                        • 5 / 7
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        6

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy