BOOK Fairs
-
Pen88n:
Are her books still going at $4 for the rest of the Bookfest period?
I bought her books under the daily special today. Didn't know rest also going at $4 during her signing time period, else will stay around to get the xiaomao series for X'mas presents. Bought 1 set from Dangdang but has not arrived yet and I don't mind an extra set for giving as gifts. Pity!hquek:
Back from bookfest at expo. Wow. Popular doesn't disappoint. Assessment books at 10 to 25% or more off. English storybooks from 20% off, some is buy 3 pay for 2. Chinese books about 20 to 30% off. Was lucky to bump into book signing by Chinese children author Yang Hong Ying. Her books at $4 per book, and I'm not referring to the daily special. Seems like if the author is there, they may have special prices for the time period.
Also bought a paper cutter at 19.90, usual price 42.80. Stationery at good prices. Done buying ds1's stuff for pri sch next year.
Many people queuing to pay. I find the queue for cashiers 8 to 18 is fastest. Somehow people gravitate to the cashiers at the other side of the hall.
Bookfest at Suntec, not expo right? -
hquek:
Thanks for the info! Am planning to go for MPH on 17 Dec, must beat the crowd this time.Ting Ting...for those who are in vicinity or just plain keen,
MPH sale this coming weekend - 17 to 19 Dec at Expo Hall 6B.
Also I see there is a Crocs sale during about the same time. Not sure if it'll be pure madness like previous sales (a bit cannot understand why it's so crazy, but yet I did join in the fun previously).
CROCS Event Details
Venue: Singapore Expo Hall 5A
Date: 17 to 19 Dec 2010 (Fri ā Sun)
Time: 10 am to 8pm (Sun till 6pm)
I see from posters that 9am to 1pm on 17 Dec is private sale. I know this is a bit out of topic - but just in case MPH alone is not enough to get you going to expo.
-
ksme:
Are her books still going at $4 for the rest of the Bookfest period?
Bookfest already over as of yesterday, isn't it?
-
ksme:
it's 30% off for most chinese books. I don't think it's still $4 per book becos there was a handwritten sign that this is a booksigning special.
Are her books still going at $4 for the rest of the Bookfest period? -
smurfette3:
Apparently there are supposed to be goodies for first 50 people/customers (not too clear on that last bit).
Thanks for the info! Am planning to go for MPH on 17 Dec, must beat the crowd this time.hquek:
Ting Ting...for those who are in vicinity or just plain keen,
MPH sale this coming weekend - 17 to 19 Dec at Expo Hall 6B.
Also I see there is a Crocs sale during about the same time. Not sure if it'll be pure madness like previous sales (a bit cannot understand why it's so crazy, but yet I did join in the fun previously).
CROCS Event Details
Venue: Singapore Expo Hall 5A
Date: 17 to 19 Dec 2010 (Fri ā Sun)
Time: 10 am to 8pm (Sun till 6pm)
I see from posters that 9am to 1pm on 17 Dec is private sale. I know this is a bit out of topic - but just in case MPH alone is not enough to get you going to expo.
-
buds:
oh no! it's still going on until 19 Dec I believe. But the daily specials are just for that day.ksme:
Are her books still going at $4 for the rest of the Bookfest period?
Bookfest already over as of yesterday, isn't it?
A bit sad that they only give 1 $10 voucher for min $100 spend per cardmember - I originally thought it's a per day, or per purchase thing. NO, they will track the card and only issue one voucher for the whole thing. -
Cannot help but share. I bought a few books from this comic series https://www.popular.com.sg/jsp/product/product_detail.jsp?vca001=0&vpd001=93934.
It's going at $6.90 per book (wrong please forgive my lack of memory) during the fest. Usual price is $9.50 (or $8.55 from popular website).
Was eyeing the chinese version from dangdang (http://product.dangdang.com/product.aspx?product_id=9280474) but concluded that DS1 will probably not want to pick it up if it's in chinese. Inside are comic drawings about people getting trapped in situations, also included are some pages with factual write ups (eg what is a tsunami, how is it caused etc). -
If you are Passion Card holder, 13th-19th, spend min $50 in single reciept get $5 bookfest discount voucher.
-
hquek:
oh no! it's still going on until 19 Dec I believe. But the daily specials are just for that day.buds:
[quote=\"ksme\"]Are her books still going at $4 for the rest of the Bookfest period?
Bookfest already over as of yesterday, isn't it?
A bit sad that they only give 1 $10 voucher for min $100 spend per cardmember - I originally thought it's a per day, or per purchase thing. NO, they will track the card and only issue one voucher for the whole thing.[/quote]Is this true? Cos i was planning to go down again to buy another $100 worth of books, as its worthwhile to get the $10 voucher.
If its confirmed, then i will just buy at the outlet.
What is passion card offer? Limited to 1 voucher per day/per bookfest? Confirmed?
Thanks!
-
Marc Ma:
Only one time. They have a separate counter outside - I believe these will screen if cardholder has already collected that voucher before.
Is this true? Cos i was planning to go down again to buy another $100 worth of books, as its worthwhile to get the $10 voucher.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better š
Register Login