A Levels - Degree path
-
A level students do receive conditional offer from local Universities
-
Thanks a lot. Above info does help.
-
@BB I think most students will have a fair idea of what their teachers are likely to predict. I guess if they really don’t know (which seems unlikely), they will have to ask their teachers to give them some kind of indication?
-
@slmkhoo would you know what is this confidential?
Apparently students wouldn’t know of p-scores and guessed that school will gv them a gd score to get thru round 1 and chance to get interviews (unlike overseas students are all aware and can ask appeal for better scores). Her teacher told her she does not know her p-scores, it depends on the school.
Hence at time of application via UCAS, within a short time frame she got rejected due to not meeting min requirement. It was so disheartening.
-
@slmkhoo some teachers are willing to tell students of their p-scores, some may not so its hard to predict what was being submitted.
I hv heard some students get 3-4 grades bumpup so that they can apply via UCAS to meet min requirement. But rest were not told.
-
@BB It was a few years ago for my daughter, so I can’t really remember and don’t know if things have changed. I do remember that my daughter was not told what her teacher/school was going to state as her predicted grades. I presume that the form teacher probably collected the predictions from the other subject teachers and made the submission? I suppose it’s to protect the teachers from undue pressure from parents or students! (I’m not saying that you would have, but some parents might try.)
It wasn’t something we thought about much at the time. -
@slmkhoo totally understand, thanks
️
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login