Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    All About Autism

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Special Needs & Learning Difficulties
    7.9k Posts 414 Posters 2.2m Views 3 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M Offline
      mashy
      last edited by

      Double E:
      Btw, do your kids feel embarrassed?


      Recently my boy doesn't want me to see his poop. I tried to peep inside the toilet bowl to check if he pooped, he will push me away and tell me not to see.
      Yes, frequently. He now even cries when he does badly for spelling practice.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • H Offline
        helplessmum3
        last edited by

        jme:
        Helplessmum


        http://www.cel.sg/Resources_FAQs_Integrated-Child-Care-Programme.aspx

        But hearsay the waiting period is long. I am not sure. I went to three different private cc to check. St Gerard at Guillemard, divinity at bishan n kids4kits at telok kurau.

        thanks,but the list here does not have the name u mentioned, so strange.
        http://www.cel.sg/uploads/ICCP%20Service%20Matrix_Jul%202012.pdf

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • J Offline
          jme
          last edited by

          Helplessmum, the 3 cc I mentioned r privately run. the iccp fees is cheaper than the ones I have seen. I do not know how iccp runs but I can share how my son’s cc works. His class has 4asd kids n 6 nt kids. They (asd and nt) attend english, chinese, math n art lesson together. There will be 2 sessions of group ot n 1 session of group st every week. Each session is 30 mins. The asd kids will also have one on one session for 45mins of teaching everyday. This 45mins daily is not ot or st. More like a special needs teacher teaching the child according to the child’s ability. All these therapies r included in the school fees. But I will have to pay extra if I want one on one ot n st. They have swimming lessons but then parents will have to pay too.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • H Offline
            helplessmum3
            last edited by

            Jme,

            I see, I have mistaken .

            May I know how much u pay then per month ? So is like 7 to 7 ya? Sound real guided environment .

            My son now w mainstream cc , I can w smaller group setting n caring or attentive teacher really help my son a lot also make him more confident …

            I think kids hard to go school is because they not confident or else they are tired
            Just like we adult , when tired we don’t feel like going to work . Or works are so demoralizing we too will not feel like going to work …

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • I Offline
              ImMeeMee
              last edited by

              jme:
              Helplessmum, the 3 cc I mentioned r privately run. the iccp fees is cheaper than the ones I have seen. I do not know how iccp runs but I can share how my son's cc works. His class has 4asd kids n 6 nt kids. They (asd and nt) attend english, chinese, math n art lesson together. There will be 2 sessions of group ot n 1 session of group st every week. Each session is 30 mins. The asd kids will also have one on one session for 45mins of teaching everyday. This 45mins daily is not ot or st. More like a special needs teacher teaching the child according to the child's ability. All these therapies r included in the school fees. But I will have to pay extra if I want one on one ot n st. They have swimming lessons but then parents will have to pay too.

              jme, sorry have not followed closely but is your child in ICCP? The support looks good. Any challenges that you face in this environment?

              I called up to enquire about ICCP some time ago and was told that the fees that we pay under ICCP will be different from those for NT kids even in the same childcare center. What is the difference at your end?

              At one stage I was thinking of EIPIC and ICCP together since ICCP offers the mainstream environment but still with some support for the ASD child. But application for ICCP comes under CEL referral, and I think if the child is already in EIPIC, the chances will not be high.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • M Offline
                mashy
                last edited by

                Just had PTM with the English enrichment teacher. Guess he is not totally unidentifiable coz his teacher realizes that he’s a bit different from the other kids and his poor eye contact, difficulty in getting his attention. The good thing is that she also thinks he’s very bright, just need to work on the speech and handwriting.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • B Offline
                  Blokus
                  last edited by

                  Same. Every time at home or during normal days I always think my son is so mild that he's no different from the other kids. But after observing him in social class or seeing him amongst his classmates, I can tell how different he is. Each week I go through this cycle. From being hopeful then feelings of grief. 😞 Though my son doesn't display typical signs but he's lack of eye contact & sometimes lack of response are obvious enough.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • H Offline
                    helplessmum3
                    last edited by

                    Now u know it is hard not to compare n get notice especially they are with NT


                    yesterday at the tv News, they show some SPED kids playing concert, right moment u can see their are diff.

                    but I’m impressed by Lavendary;s husband. as during dating Lavendary can’t even notice and is a scholar & a degree holder, salary must be 7k and above. salary is my guess, not tat she mentioned. cuz she paying ARC 900++

                    Lavendary, u shod get some tips how his parents do that? did he go to any therapy or just his parents works with their means to correct him… jus like SLMKHOo … Lavendary, u are very kind. is true. your husband is very direct because they are born this way. DIRECT… they don’t mean to hurt anyone… they simply speak what they think… for NT pple, they may twist & smoke around. if they disagreed they can say agreed but the do otherwise…



                    i read somewhere, there are more & more ASD being diagnosed cuz aBIT aBit of Traits they will put them under ASD…

                    cuz it is too wide…

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • H Offline
                      helplessmum3
                      last edited by

                      Blokus,

                      Is he yr only child. I feel when they grow older they will be more obvious…

                      Especially when outside when stranger talk to them as for their age usually a NT kids will look n response with at least some facial expression like shy or scare or curious…cuz shy to stranger …as not all kids are social to strangers.

                      For my case , my son will just look up n smile n ignore them and carry on what he is doing… The so called "interaction" are missing .

                      I think so , just base on own personal experience , just correct me if I’m judge wrongly again…

                      I only start to learn & experience about ASD this yr or lesser then a yr.

                      nevertheless, Mashy always reminded me that i may compare to those NT kids who are advance, so i shd not… that will be always back in my mind whenever i see a NT kids with my Son…

                      so far i always met all advance NT kids SIGH…

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • H Offline
                        helplessmum3
                        last edited by

                        Blokus:
                        Same. Every time at home or during normal days I always think my son is so mild that he's no different from the other kids. But after observing him in social class or seeing him amongst his classmates, I can tell how different he is. Each week I go through this cycle. From being hopeful then feelings of grief. 😞 Though my son doesn't display typical signs but he's lack of eye contact & sometimes lack of response are obvious enough.


                        Blokus,

                        then you work on his eye contact more.. for now..

                        the first thing i do most is his eye contact when i get to know he is ASD.. now he always get eye contact.. whenever he meet pp. example reached school he will look at his teachers... when teacher help him on his bag he too will look at his teachers..

                        he is now always look at pp & kids..

                        jus works on eye contact.

                        in what way u feel your son is not responsive to social class?

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 297
                        • 298
                        • 299
                        • 300
                        • 301
                        • 793
                        • 794
                        • 299 / 794
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        3

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy