All About Autism
-
Thanks Double E,
$60 per hour is way out of my budget. I am looking for normal class session. Like 6-8 kids type. And I was hoping my #2 can join in too. -
Nugget, check out this page
http://www.singaporeautism.com/2010/03/swimming-instructors-for-children-with.html
And yes because of the \"special needs\" tag, the fees are also higher than normal swimming lessons. The one I got was Edward who was really patient although he was too much of a nice guy and my boys bullied him. But at least they learnt enough to tread water and stay afloat. Still open to continuing when they are older and more willing to listen to instructions.
Totally advocate this activity for kids, the benefits are tremendous as said eloquently by tabgha. -
belachanbabe:
belachanbabe, thanks for the link. A good resource.Nugget, check out this page
http://www.singaporeautism.com/2010/03/swimming-instructors-for-children-with.html
And yes because of the \"special needs\" tag, the fees are also higher than normal swimming lessons. The one I got was Edward who was really patient although he was too much of a nice guy and my boys bullied him. But at least they learnt enough to tread water and stay afloat. Still open to continuing when they are older and more willing to listen to instructions.
Totally advocate this activity for kids, the benefits are tremendous as said eloquently by tabgha.
-
belachanbabe:
Thanks Belachanbabe,Nugget, check out this page
http://www.singaporeautism.com/2010/03/swimming-instructors-for-children-with.html
And yes because of the \"special needs\" tag, the fees are also higher than normal swimming lessons. The one I got was Edward who was really patient although he was too much of a nice guy and my boys bullied him. But at least they learnt enough to tread water and stay afloat. Still open to continuing when they are older and more willing to listen to instructions.
Totally advocate this activity for kids, the benefits are tremendous as said eloquently by tabgha.
There are some coaches there that charge normal price in this list. I will try to find those that allows my #2 to join as well. I hope the 2 kids can learn together. -
tyeogh:
haahaaa... 2010 baby? so cute. have u send you son to dentist yet?
3.9 yo. Toy kept by Toys R Us. He saw it 1 month ago. I didn't buy it bec it's $40. He's been nagging since...helplessmum3:
so cute, how old is your kid? the toy is keep by u? -
My son love swimming in the pool & at the beach. too bad i no $ for coach

-
Oh by the way, The Autism Resource Centre will host series of courses throughout the year.
http://www.autism.org.sg/training/calendar.php
There is also a $200 caregiver grant per year that parents can used to attend these courses as well. -
nugget:
No problem. I'm glad that you find it useful. Let us helping each other... Cheers!botakgundul,
Thank you once again for the detailed write up.
Yup I have authorized KKH to release all documents (Psychological reports, Medical Reports, IQ test reports) to the school.
On top of this, I have also send the AEDs the \"School readiness\" report as well.
I have already reached out to the AEDs and will share all your pointers with the AEDs as well. I hope he will meet a nice buddy in class. Right now in his mainstream CC, he also have this buddy who always look out for him. But too bad they are not enrolled in the same school.
May all our kids keep meeting kind souls along the way. -
Double E:
Double E,Hi all,
Am just thinking, are u all game for a Xmas gathering? my house is not big but is a 1300 sq feet 5 room flat. If you all are open, we can try to organise one in Dec?
I'm fine. When and Where? -
tyeogh:
tyeogh,
3.9 yo. Toy kept by Toys R Us. He saw it 1 month ago. I didn't buy it bec it's $40. He's been nagging since...
Have you considered buying your son lego to build? They also have ironman lego.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better š
Register Login