Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    All About Autism

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Special Needs & Learning Difficulties
    7.9k Posts 414 Posters 2.2m Views 3 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Sunflow08S Offline
      Sunflow08
      last edited by

      Hi,


      How do u all train ur kids to buy food by himself and follow the teachers in class and not wander around? Im sending my child to mainstream next year, quite worried he can sit still bcos he is hyperactive. And also worry he cant buy his food without someone supervising him. And also scare of bullies. He gets bullied by kids younger than him. Really worry he cant adapt mainstream although he belongs to mild ASD.

      Aprreciate ur advices!

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • tyeoghT Offline
        tyeogh
        last edited by

        Hi jme,

        How come you don’t have the 19 pages Maths homework? Does your boy need to write a weekly English journal?

        Wow. $290 one way is expensive. I am paying $240 for 2 ways. Guess I shouldn’t complain?? But the timing sucks lah. The bus comes at 6am! So he has to get up at 5.30am, which is very early. For the last weeks, he every morning face black black…

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • phtthpP Offline
          phtthp
          last edited by

          tyeogh:
          Hi jme,

          ...
          Wow. $290 one way is expensive. I am paying $240 for 2 ways. Guess I shouldn't complain?? But the timing sucks lah. The bus comes at 6am! So he has to get up at 5.30am, which is very early. For the last weeks, he every morning face black black.....
          on top of paying school bus fees $240 (which is already very ex), how much do you pay for school fees, per month (Pathlight) ? do they offer subsidy, to parents ?

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • J Offline
            jme
            last edited by

            tyeogh:
            Hi jme,

            How come you don't have the 19 pages Maths homework? Does your boy need to write a weekly English journal?

            Wow. $290 one way is expensive. I am paying $240 for 2 ways. Guess I shouldn't complain?? But the timing sucks lah. The bus comes at 6am! So he has to get up at 5.30am, which is very early. For the last weeks, he every morning face black black.....

            Max max only 3 pages n happened only once or twice. Really very senang. Got English journal but my boy is still not independent ... I need to guide..

            If I have to wake up at 530am every morning, my face will also black black 😉
            But seriously..6yo kid taking school bus at 6am is very siong la

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • tyeoghT Offline
              tyeogh
              last edited by

              phtthp:

              on top of paying school bus fees $240 (which is already very ex), how much do you pay for school fees, per month (Pathlight) ? do they offer subsidy, to parents ?
              $370 a month. Yes, there is Means Testing for both school fees and transport. I dunno how much subsidy bec I don't qualify for any. Damn sianz....I always don't get anything. Middle class is sg very miserable.

              The principal said no deserving child will be deprived bec of money. But she also hint she will call us (read as kick us out) if parents don't cooperate so i have to kwai kwai check his homework file everyday.....

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • phtthpP Offline
                phtthp
                last edited by

                tyeogh:

                The principal said no deserving child will be deprived bec of money. But she also hint she will call us (read as kick us out) if parents don't cooperate so i have to kwai kwai check his homework file everyday.....
                Yes, better check his homework daily, make sure submit homework on time, due. Join a class whatsapp chat group, to see what need to be submitted & when is the dateline due.

                but based on what's been discussed here, seem like different class within the same level (Pathlight), different. Your son got 19 pages of Maths hw + need to write a weekly English journal, while another class no hw.


                Every month you're paying $610, per month ($370 sch fee + $240 sch bus)

                when you son go up to higher level next time (from P2 to P6) :
                will school fees remain at $370 per month, or fees go up again according to level ?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • D Offline
                  Double E
                  last edited by

                  only $370 a mth for pathlight? I thot was $500.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • tyeoghT Offline
                    tyeogh
                    last edited by

                    I think it used to be $500. The principal flashed a chart during orientation. The fee has been going down due to "prudent financial management". I paid $420 before school started only to be given a letter that it has gone down again to $370, and that they will refund me. It is practically unheard of in Sg. Again, I cannot find a reason to complain. Sianzz…my talent wasted. I don’t know whether the fees will go up or down for P2 onwards. Ask ImMeeMee?


                    I don’t know why jme’s son did not get the 19 page homework. Jme, it was 19 pages of Greater than or Smaller than.

                    We both got the weekly English journal where our boys had to write 3 to 4 sentences of what they did over the weekend. Felt like a loss of privacy - now the teachers know where we went every weekend. Is this like some govt tracking device?? To check on citizens?

                    Needless to say, I am the one telling / prompting him on what to write. I am going on a holiday with my wife this weekend. Think I must appeal to his teachers not to give me any more homework…

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • S Offline
                      Snow24
                      last edited by

                      Hi


                      Anyone has child in Pathlight?
                      What time does child need reach Pathlight School for flag rising ceremony ?

                      Anyone taking school bus to Pathlight School.What time bus pick up your child from.your house?

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • G Offline
                        Gisten
                        last edited by

                        The flag rising ceremony is at 7.50am in both campuses. At Campus 2 (P3-P6) the pupils are expected to arrive school by 7.45am. My son is now in Sec 1, so he has to report at campus 1 by 7.30am for a 20 min reading programme in the hall catered for all secondary students. I’m not too sure what time should the P1 and P2 pupils report, but I believe shouldn’t be later than 7.45am too.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 731
                        • 732
                        • 733
                        • 734
                        • 735
                        • 793
                        • 794
                        • 733 / 794
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        vsamV
                        vsam

                        Statistics

                        5

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy