Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    All About Autism

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Special Needs & Learning Difficulties
    7.9k Posts 414 Posters 2.2m Views 3 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M Offline
      mashy
      last edited by

      And he wanted to try the bloody soil that we were using for his ecogarden! ‘face palm’

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • H Offline
        helplessmum3
        last edited by

        mashy:
        Helplessmum


        Just talk lah. No example. U just talk to him and ask him things, point things out to him. Play with him. Spend time with him.

        Nugget
        Think we have really come a long way from the time when they just say single syllable words. 🙂 Now when I talk to him, I feel that he seems less and less autistic. Sometimes he even feels like a normal boy. 🙂 of course the frustration comes when he can't do simple things like feeding himself properly or writing neatly. Sometimes I wonder why he can understand so much about space and chemical bonding but yet can't do a simple task that even a 4 yr old can do so well. Sigh.
        my son is 2.5 yo. .. 1.5 yrs to go.... ahhh...

        so envy!! i think ur son no longer has ASD.. its gone!! as motor skill is body dev mah. not mind.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • L Offline
          lavendery
          last edited by

          My girl is also year end baby. Same thoughts too. When we first put her in playgroup last year, I have already noticed that she was slow as compared to her peers in the playgroup. She could not follow teacher’s instruction whereas all other kids could do it. They were having a simple dance performance.


          During that time I just felt perhaps she’s a year end baby hence she’s slower than her peers. However when I put her in nursery this year, that’s when her PCF school principle rang me a call and told me to send my girl for checkup asap as she has been displaying signs of autism.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • H Offline
            helplessmum3
            last edited by

            My son is oct baby

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • H Offline
              helplessmum3
              last edited by

              mummies,


              when do you potty train your child ah?

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • DesertWindD Offline
                DesertWind
                last edited by

                helplessmum3:
                mummies,


                when do you potty train your child ah?
                We started from 2.5 yos intensive training (tried earlier at about 2 yo without success hence took a break). Removed diapers during the day and let him \"do it\" ie. shi-shi down his legs everywhere so that he is aware what is \"urine\". Maid will bring him the potty and tell him he must use it next time he wants to shi-shi. As for poo, we observe him what time he usually poo and make him sit on the potty for about 5 - 10 mins until he poo. If not, then dress him up and wait. Usually when he wanted to poo he will go hide behind the curtain or go to a corner and try to hide. So maid will quickly fetch the potty and make him sit down and do it!

                He finally got it at about 3 years and 3 months old, will go fetch the potty himself! Shortly after he got potty-trained, we brought him to the adult toilet and train him to sit on the \"throne\" instead of using the potty. My boy big size lah so he can sit without even using those child-cover!

                Now he will announce he wants to \"shi-shi\" and go to the toilet, switch on the light, climb onto the \"throne\" himself and do it. :love:

                At night he is still in diapers though.. 🤷

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • H Offline
                  helplessmum3
                  last edited by

                  Thanks Dersertwind, he so clever .


                  Hiaz Y my son is autistic. Ytd he fart w tiny shit in his diaper , he keep scratching and crying n pull my hand to diaper ask me do something … Why can’t he say something , later I find out and take n clean . He don’t allow me to put on diaper on him was a battle through the middle of night . End up I take him to living room don’t disturb my hub… And I just leave him naked on sofar…

                  I can’t take it anymore after I grab some breath . I go back to hi
                  And he pee all over sofar!!

                  I bath him at 4am n force him on diapers until 5am he sleep back.

                  9am I going school until 5pm .

                  I’m so stress n depress !!! Y y y…

                  How to study how to pass exam. How to help my son …

                  Total breakdown !!!

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • M Offline
                    mashy
                    last edited by

                    Sorry to hear about your horrid night. But Hor, u put him on the sofa to sleep. Of course u should expect him to pee on it. It happens even to normal

                    Kids. It’s not about him being autistic. I think he behaved totally like any other kid at this age. So it’s not because he is autistic. U should put that away and think of him just like any normal child.

                    We have our ups and downs even with normal
                    Kids. I just had a fight with my 2.5 yr old too. So I don’t think it’s fair for u to blame it on him and the circumstance.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • DesertWindD Offline
                      DesertWind
                      last edited by

                      helplessmum3:
                      Hiaz Y my son is autistic. Ytd he fart w tiny shit in his diaper , he keep scratching and crying n pull my hand to diaper ask me do something ... Why can't he say something , later I find out and take n clean . He don't allow me to put on diaper on him was a battle through the middle of night . End up I take him to living room don't disturb my hub.. And I just leave him naked on sofar...

                      Hi helplessmum,
                      The part on he scratch, cry and pull your hand to his diaper is actually your boy trying very hard to communicate with you - and it is a good sign! That means he wants to communicate. I dunnoo if you know the Chinese name for \"autism\" or not, its \"Zi Pi Zhen\" literally translated as \"self-hiding\". Sometimes I will remind myself about it and observe my boy very closely to see whether is he \"hiding\" or not? So as long as he is trying to communicate, through whatever means, I think it is ok!

                      But of course we wish the kids can talk properly lah right? But if not, we just have to pay closer attention when they are trying to communicate with us ok?

                      As for the toilet training, you can actually go to the toilet training thread as well to check it out. Last time I attended a course at the KKH Health Promotion Board conducted by an OT and found it extremely helpful. Or you can also email the KKH OT to ask them the question you have.

                      It is not easy to be a parent ya? Like just now I just \"ran\" to a seafood place and ate one whole crab all by myself. It is my break time before I can face the kids again. Yesterday night my boy threw up all over the bed we got to change all the bedsheets and washed them all (maid showered the boy). This morning he threw up again in the void deck and again when he reached home in the kitchen. Took him to the doctor and he fussed no end yelling loudly at the shopping centre wanting to eat despite his condition. At times like this I also wonder why.....

                      Take care and chill out!

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • phtthpP Offline
                        phtthp
                        last edited by

                        toilet training

                        http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3160&start=100

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 90
                        • 91
                        • 92
                        • 93
                        • 94
                        • 793
                        • 794
                        • 92 / 794
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        5

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy