Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Manuka Honey

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Health
    461 Posts 119 Posters 465.4k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • tankeeT Offline
      tankee
      last edited by

      er ... what brand? or is it Nature Farm own house brand? :?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • S Offline
        shurley197323
        last edited by

        Yes. Nature Farm’s own brand.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • B Offline
          BeContented
          last edited by

          Hi,

          Personally I have been feeding my kids Manuka for last few years, think it’s good and works. I even tried using it on open wounds that refused to heal before…and it really is effective.

          However, I think there is this Yummy house that came up some time ago. I seem to hear good reviews and some also swear by it…just wonder if the Manuka-mommies have tried it before. What’s your view?

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • tankeeT Offline
            tankee
            last edited by

            cwc:
            Hi,

            Personally I have been feeding my kids Manuka for last few years, think it's good and works. I even tried using it on open wounds that refused to heal before.....and it really is effective.

            However, I think there is this Yummy house that came up some time ago. I seem to hear good reviews and some also swear by it....just wonder if the Manuka-mommies have tried it before. What's your view?
            there are some earlier comments about Yummy house in this thread.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • S Offline
              shurley197323
              last edited by

              HI. cwc. Can I check if you put manuka honey on wounds, won"t it sticky?

              And normally put for how long then can wash away?

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • B Offline
                BeContented
                last edited by

                Hi Shurley,

                Yes, I put the honey directly on the wound. ~4 years ago I went overseas during cold season for holiday....due to dryness, the skin on my thumb 'cracked' along the joint. I tried putting all sorts of moisturizer, protecting with plaster etc, minimised bending my finger cos' the wound get torn open every time I bend my finger....all to no avail. Suffered for 1+ months before I remembered reading about manuka being used to heal wounds.

                Desperate, I just went ahead and apply direct on the wound (not too much, just enough to sink into the wound). To avoid spreading and stickyness, I covered a plaster lightly over it. So whenever I wet my hand, I'll wash away and reapply. By 3rd day, saw results....and within the week, totally healed. I was convinced since then 🙂



                shurley197323:
                HI. cwc. Can I check if you put manuka honey on wounds, won\"t it sticky?
                And normally put for how long then can wash away?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • S Offline
                  shurley197323
                  last edited by

                  Hi,cwc.Thanks for the info. Sounds wonderful, will try next time

                  cwc:
                  Hi Shurley,
                  Yes, I put the honey directly on the wound. ~4 years ago I went overseas during cold season for holiday....due to dryness, the skin on my thumb 'cracked' along the joint. I tried putting all sorts of moisturizer, protecting with plaster etc, minimised bending my finger cos' the wound get torn open every time I bend my finger....all to no avail. Suffered for 1+ months before I remembered reading about manuka being used to heal wounds.

                  Desperate, I just went ahead and apply direct on the wound (not too much, just enough to sink into the wound). To avoid spreading and stickyness, I covered a plaster lightly over it. So whenever I wet my hand, I'll wash away and reapply. By 3rd day, saw results....and within the week, totally healed. I was convinced since then 🙂



                  shurley197323:

                  HI. cwc. Can I check if you put manuka honey on wounds, won\"t it sticky?
                  And normally put for how long then can wash away?

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • K Offline
                    kaka
                    last edited by

                    May I know where can we buy Manuka propolis spray? My brother is very prone to mouth ulcer and nothing has worked so far, thought of giving a try to the spray as recommended in this forum.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • S Offline
                      shurley197323
                      last edited by

                      kaka:
                      May I know where can we buy Manuka propolis spray? My brother is very prone to mouth ulcer and nothing has worked so far, thought of giving a try to the spray as recommended in this forum.

                      Hi. I think I saw this at Jurong Point John Little before.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • O Offline
                        Oppsgal
                        last edited by

                        Can we mix Manuka honey into milk supplement (room temperature) for kid (2 years old) to drink?

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 31
                        • 32
                        • 33
                        • 34
                        • 35
                        • 46
                        • 47
                        • 33 / 47
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        0

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy