floppy\" post_id=\"2021998\" time=\"1619799883\" user_id=\"97579:Just feel like the better they are, the more stake they have in not gaining more, to be honest.Isn’t that usually the case?6thisnthat9\" post_id=\"2021989\" time=\"1619793139\" user_id=\"145858:I also know there are parents, with kids who are exceptional, both in GEP, top in cohorts etc, affected by new AL system. But somehow, they keep using AL 20, AL 22 to mark as examples of the pitfalls of new AL system, stating the wider range etc.
Strangely so far, I have not heard such complaints from parents with kids in these ranges.
The more “better” you are, the more concerned you have of lesser folks diluting your soup.
The other group that you haven’t heard complaints from… the school.
I have one child in the wider 65 to 74 range, I only look at how to help my child get 1 or 2 more points here and there or support him in how I can, read up more, find out about dsa on his potential, and be prepared to accept whatever outcome. I am not complaining about the wider range and the disadvantage etc.
Just wondering if the parent stating the pitfalls of wider score range of AL20, AL22, would like to share if her child is actually scoring that range, perhaps to share more. If not, the rest of us are just making guessing.
How about a child scoring 45, being group with those scoring 64, like parent charsiu pointed out?
