OMG SO MANY FELLOW R4-ers! (although by many I mean 2)
I'm Zachary. Hope we meet in class! You can tap me on the back and say you're a KSP-er :rahrah:
Yup, you don't have to go on the 23rd if you have registered. However, I applied for third language and I called MOELC up. They told me that I would receive a letter on Reporting Day. So, even though I already registered, I still have to go back. Major sighs!
Oh, classes are already streamed. I heard our class is the best class - all the students above 250. Can you share your aggregate T-scores so we could check? I already posted but FYI I got 251.
Don't worry about people being atas - I heard that it's still a school and there's bound to be bullying. But, just be yourself, mix with everyone and be REAL. That's what's important 
Hope to see each other on the 2nd!
EDIT - Kiasu newbie, I'm also in theatre! YAY!
Alicorn
Posts
-
RE: School Of The Arts, Singapore
-
RE: All About Preparing For Secondary One
janet_lee88:
Hi Janet,told my son he will be in sec 2 next year and work doubly hard...STREAMING.
also don't expect teachers to be sweetie pies because 'honeymoon' is over...then he told me the teachers were not sweetie pies in sec 1 :faint:
Weren't classes already streamed in Sec 1 by PSLE T-scores? Or is there again another streaming in Sec 2?
Alicorn -
RE: PSLE 2013 - Results Discussion
JulianLuvsGreen:
Hi Julian,Curious_me:
Am very new here....Can someone kindly enlighten me ? We were given a school that is quite a distance from where we live. We would like to appeal to a nearer school. Hwr, in the event that our appeal is successful but we decided not to accept after DD is happily settled in given sch, is this possible ? Or, we have to accept the sch that we had appealed successfully to ?
ME 2~THE SCHOOL THAT I AN FINE WITH IS QUITE FAR FROM MY HOUSE SO I DECIDED TO APPEAL TO A NEARER AND OSO GOOD SCHOOL....I NEED ADVICE :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Mind going easy on the caps? If you decided to appeal, then why do you need advice? :? :?
Alicorn -
RE: Appeal Secondary One Posting
JulianLuvsGreen:
How do you know? :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: I want to check it myself :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:[/quote]Hi Julian,jojobunny:
[quote=\"JulianLuvsGreen\"]I got 238 for PSLE.I am short of a mark to go Fairfield. Are my chances of getting into Fairfield slim or high if I appeal? Because Fairfield has affiliation and pupils from Fairfield Methodist Primary are most likely going to Fairfield Methodist Secondary. I am appealing to Fairfield but what should I write?? How long should the appeal letter be?1 page? 2 pages? 3 pages?
The cut-off point for Fairfield is 241...increased from last year... Most schools all increased.
It is possible to telephone the general office to enquiry about the school's cut off point. This year, most of the top schools reduced COP but the middle range schools increased.
Alicorn -
RE: School Of The Arts, Singapore
Just went to register and buy books today. I'm in R4 - any fellow KSP classmates? :rahrah: :roll:
Alicorn -
RE: School Of The Arts, Singapore
BECK_RANDOLPH79:
Wrong topic, no?Hi want to learn tamil Class online here the best site for you....
http://www.ilearntamil.com is the website that give confidence to Tamil kids to read and learn Tamil. our efficient approach in addition to approve pronunciation is ideal for preschool, kindergarten, Elementary Schools etc., -
RE: School Of The Arts, Singapore
155dorcas:
wait so im just curious... what year are you? and so do you mean youre transferring to sota through theatre? if so, OMG HOW DO YOU KNOW ALL THIS INFO.
I'm joining Theatre next yearAlicorn:
[quote=\"155dorcas\"]so what is the curriculum like for theatre? Theatre kids, what have you guys done so far? like put up musicals? or perform smth? Do you get to learn to be a triple threat? (sing, dance, act)
did you guys get to script anything yourselves? and not just the seniors... do the juniors get to put up plays? Are there ppl in charge or props, costumes, lighting? i really enjoy doing stuff like that...hoping there is

There is Integrated Arts as a subject so you could say that we do get to be a triple threat. According to the talks, the curriculum includes scriptwriting, technical (lights) and of course, acting. I'M SO EXCITED!!!! :rahrah: :rahrah:
Alicorn
:scared:[/quote]Hey!
I'm P6 this year and will be Year One next year
I've visited the open houses and symposiums, so I do know a bit of what the students do during classes
and I've received the subject list - MINDBLOWN! Not sure if able to cope :oops: :oops:
Alicorn -
RE: School Of The Arts, Singapore
155dorcas:
I'm joining Theatre next yearso what is the curriculum like for theatre? Theatre kids, what have you guys done so far? like put up musicals? or perform smth? Do you get to learn to be a triple threat? (sing, dance, act)
did you guys get to script anything yourselves? and not just the seniors... do the juniors get to put up plays? Are there ppl in charge or props, costumes, lighting? i really enjoy doing stuff like that...hoping there is

There is Integrated Arts as a subject so you could say that we do get to be a triple threat. According to the talks, the curriculum includes scriptwriting, technical (lights) and of course, acting. I'M SO EXCITED!!!! :rahrah: :rahrah:
Alicorn -
RE: School Of The Arts, Singapore
yip33:
In the letter, it is written that the leotards with the SOTA logo takes three weeks to process. Does this mean it take three weeks for them to make the leotards?
Something like that
Alicorn -
RE: School Of The Arts, Singapore
gurlinsg3142:
What is the dance curriculum for non-ballet dancers? I know alot of ballerinas, but i haven't heard of non-ballet dancers. I understand that in the end they will still have to learn ballet. But what other things do they do in class? Anyone here in non-ballet?
Hi gurlinsg3142,
I heard from my friend that they will dabble in different dances. If you're planning to let your child enter SOTA, maybe you should go to the open house or the open symposiums
Best of luck!
Alicorn