Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. astronomer
    3. Posts
    A
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 4
    • Posts 55
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Nanyang Primary

      dear mommies and daddies of NYPS, just pop-by to say hi and also congratulate your boys and girls for performing so well in this year’s National Inter-Primary Schools track and field and National Inter-Primary Schools swimming competitions (held in July).


      http://results.schoolsports.sg/pritrack/ss_home.php?mypage=divscore.inc
      http://results.schoolsports.sg/priswim/ss_home.php?mypage=divscore.inc
      An astonishing total of 5 new records were set by your runners and 2 new records by your swimmers.

      This is absolutely phenomenal. What is the secret 😐 ? :lol:

      :lol: Hehehe…hope I have not sounded like a big Kapoh…I am really just curious (ok there is a fine line between being a kapoh and being curious I suppose…kekekeke :lol: ). Anyway care to share?

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      A
      astronomer
    • RE: Canberra Primary

      Cool...

      A father of P4 girl and P1 boy here. 😄
      Any kiasu parents with kids from the same school :celebrate:

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      A
      astronomer
    • RE: CCA achivement in Report Card/Book

      mathsparks:
      My son's school will issue a form for parents to fill in any achievements they want to include in the report book. ..swimming achievements, mental maths grading, chess competition etc ..can all be included. Just be sure to submit before closing date. I thought all schools have the same system.

      Eh...my dd did not pass me any such form last year. Ok, maybe because they didn't have compulsary CCA yet in P3. Well I will take note of this. Thanks.

      posted in Primary Schools - Academic Support
      A
      astronomer
    • RE: Club Northlanders (From Bishan to Woodlands)

      :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


      ChiefKiasu, be glad your wife does not master the use of the TV remote. I made the fatal mistake of making sure mine knows how to use it. At first the TV remote and then the DVD, the amplifier and soon...the starhub digital cable set. You could say the master was eventually vanguished by the apprentice. All the controls are now in my wife's hand. I am now relegated to just handling the remote control of the least important of all the sets at our home - the karaoke set (face it, who does karaoke now a days). 😢 :lol: :lol:

      posted in Clubs for parents in different parts of Singapore
      A
      astronomer
    • RE: Synchronized swimming

      Hi Gwendolen, found out that the Swiss coach is still around and still giving coaching lesson to beginners. Her name is Denise and she is currently with aquaducks (http://www.aquaducks.com.sg). I think she coaches at the Swiss Club pool. (Sorry don't know where that is - probably at Swiss Club Road? :roll: That would be quite near Holland V.)

      posted in Sports
      A
      astronomer
    • RE: Synchronized swimming

      hi Gwendolen, I mentioned about Swiss School because I recalled there was a part time Swiss synchro coach back during the time when my dd was doing synchro. She may not be from the Swiss school. I know she is from one of the international schools but maybe not the Swiss School. Then again, since it was some 2-3 years ago, she may not be around now. Just to let you know.


      So has your girl started synchro? My dd was also 6 when she started.

      posted in Sports
      A
      astronomer
    • RE: Synchronized swimming

      Gwendolen:
      astronomer, thank you for your reply. We live in Holland Village area...

      The unfortunate thing about synchro in Singapore is - there are not many coaches and clubs for it. Besides the two I mentioned and Coach Grace (which nozomi had mentioned), I don't think there are other.

      Correct me, nozomi, if I am mistaken - Coach Grace is Coach Cui Ru?

      Ok, I think maybe...just maybe, the Swiss School may have a synchro coach. You can try them but even if they do have synchro it may be just for the students at the Swiss School.

      posted in Sports
      A
      astronomer
    • RE: Synchronized swimming

      Hi Gwendolen, if you are living somewhere in the north, you can try the aquatic club at the Singapore Sports School (Woodlands). It is not part of the Sports School - the club just opperates from there and uses the pool facility there.


      Though the club is not part of the Sports school, it has a close relationship. If I am not mistaken, the sports school recently started a synchro academy and the coach is from this club.

      Even if you are not living in the north it is quite accessible as the sports school is just beside the SLE expressway.

      Another club that has synchro is at Farrer park. Champion swimmer Ang Peng Siong's swim school. No, Mr Ang Peng Siong does not coach synchro - I would think he leaves it to his synchro coaches to do the coaching :lol:

      posted in Sports
      A
      astronomer
    • RE: racket sports

      When my kids were 3-4yo and started playing badminton, I was getting good workouts from picking shuttle-cock from the floor. :lol:

      A good rally would consist of 3 touches of the racket (a serve and two returns - but depending on who is serving). Only started to have fun when dd was 8-9yo. Still most of her strokes are over-head forehand shots and fails when it comes to a back-hand or upward lift. It depends on individual actually - my friend's son who is in P5, would probably beat me in a game.

      They do sell kid's badminton racket with shorter shaft and grip.

      posted in Sports
      A
      astronomer
    • RE: Mummy rouroumami: newbie reporting

      hi rouroumami.

      14mo is too young in my opinion. I would wait till she is atleast 3-4yo.
      In general I don’t think she will pick more bad habits at a center as oppose to other options. Even if she does pick up some bad habits it will be balanced or surpassed by some of the good habits she will pick up.

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      A
      astronomer
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 6
    • 4 / 6
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy