Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. augustbb
    3. Posts
    A
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 15
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Hong Wen

      Hi parents. I’m looking for someone could fetch my child from HWS and send him to Blk 122, McNair Road (aboout 5 mins walking distance) during school days. Willing to pay a reasonable amount. Please SMS me @96828435. Thanks!

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      A
      augustbb
    • RE: Hong Wen

      Hi Parents. Heard that some schools had ranking and prize giving for P1 after 2nd semester … wondering if HWS has such practice? Thought usually it starts from P2?

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      A
      augustbb
    • RE: Hong Wen

      smurfy:
      augustbb:

      Oops...so P1 kids only can buy those $1 food? On Monday, my DS came back and complained $1 food is not enough for him. So I gave him $1.5 yesterday, at night he told me he passed $1.5 to that 'porridge auntie', but auntie told him the porridge is $1 and returned him 50cents...and he said during recess time can't go back classroom to take biscuit in his bag, so end up 饿到发昏 with that small bowl of porridge till dismissal...poor boy! Hopefully today he'll at least bring his biscuit to canteen, or seek help from his P4 buddy how to buy extra food.


      augustbb.. no leh. my gal proudly told me she spent 50c on food yesterday. said she gave the stall holder one dollar and they returned 50c to her? I never double check the wallet though..

      my older boy spent $3 on lunch. oMg. He had spaghetti and add-on salad.


      btw, I really seeking advice on this. what do you all do with young girls and their long hair.. my gal's hair was already messy before she left the car each morning.. and of coz by end of the day.. is like a crazy woman.. :siao: I really feel like cutting her hair short.. but..

      Huh...got 50c food meh? is that main dish? or some snacks only? I really have no idea, or different stalls have different prices?
      Rgd girl's long hair, it should be fine if your daughter's teachers no comments, I guess.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      A
      augustbb
    • RE: Hong Wen

      hquek:
      augustbb:

      Oops...so P1 kids only can buy those $1 food? On Monday, my DS came back and complained $1 food is not enough for him. So I gave him $1.5 yesterday, at night he told me he passed $1.5 to that 'porridge auntie', but auntie told him the porridge is $1 and returned him 50cents...and he said during recess time can't go back classroom to take biscuit in his bag, so end up 饿到发昏 with that small bowl of porridge till dismissal...poor boy! Hopefully today he'll at least bring his biscuit to canteen, or seek help from his P4 buddy how to buy extra food.


      Think school was trying to be helpful and organize $1 meal? Poor boy...maybe he can get 2 portions if that's not enough? Else tell him to be more assertive and tell auntie to 'jia1 cai4'. Auntie would think your DS may be another clueless P1 child if he wasn't clear.

      haha...I did asked him to request 'jia cai' today, later will ask him if he did so...半大小子,吃穷老子...haha

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      A
      augustbb
    • RE: Hong Wen

      Oops…so P1 kids only can buy those $1 food? On Monday, my DS came back and complained $1 food is not enough for him. So I gave him $1.5 yesterday, at night he told me he passed $1.5 to that ‘porridge auntie’, but auntie told him the porridge is $1 and returned him 50cents…and he said during recess time can’t go back classroom to take biscuit in his bag, so end up 饿到发昏 with that small bowl of porridge till dismissal…poor boy! Hopefully today he’ll at least bring his biscuit to canteen, or seek help from his P4 buddy how to buy extra food.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      A
      augustbb
    • RE: Hong Wen

      Thanks again douzi!

      Mind to explain to me what's the meaning of 'APP' and 'TUR'?
      Just saw the explanation, pls ignore my question. 😄

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      A
      augustbb
    • RE: Bendemeer Primary

      Hi Parents,


      Anyone know is there any in-house student care centre in Bendemeer primary school?
      TIA.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      A
      augustbb
    • RE: Hong Wen

      Thanks douzi!

      Do you know where to check the balloting history since 2007? I’d like to find out the ratio of 2C vacancy vs. application.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      A
      augustbb
    • RE: Hong Wen

      Hi Apollo_leo, augustbb,


      Sorry to hear that, but then it is good if HWS is cutting on PV numbers so that those parents who take time/effort will not be surprised by the large numbers during actual registration.

      I am not sure where you stay, but traditionally, anything more than 1km, 2C nonid to hope?

      All the best with your child’s registration!


      Hi hquek, thanks!
      Actually we’ll only move to Boon Keng area in 2016, HWS is within 1km to my new address. But what I heard is even within 1km’s Singaporean still have to ballot under phase 2C in the past few years. Is that true?

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      A
      augustbb
    • RE: Hong Wen

      My boy is 5 years old this year. He will be taking part in P1 registration next year for 2016 Pri 1 intake. I’ve applied to be hongwen PV for my boy. Just received letter from Hongwen that I’m rejected as PV with no reason given but to try under phase 2c next year. I’m lost as to what to do. Any advice? Should I appeal to Hongwen School?



      Hi Apollo_Leo, same like you, my PV application also been rejected. Good luck to us next year under phase 2c. Any back up plan? I’m going to enrol my boy to Bendemeer primary school if not able to get a seat in Hong Wen. Just wondering if Bendemeer primary school still have vacancy at that time.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      A
      augustbb
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy