Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. bewilder
    3. Posts
    B
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 2
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Pei Chun Public

      Thank you so much ‘muska’, ‘princess.gal’, ‘A reliable source’ and ‘Daddy D’ for the valuable feedback. Your posts definitely make lots of sense to me.


      I have not submitted my little boy’s results yet because the report book was only returned today.

      I prefer to transfer him out but till he agrees, nothing will change and he shall remain in Pei Chun. As ‘princess.gal’ mentioned, whether he is able to fit into the new environment is the main hesitation. Actually, I am not too concern about his results since from young, he has been quite self-motivated and takes pride in his work. The only setback now is the lack of opportunity to develop his interest, otherwise, would have been a truly great school.

      I am planning to bring him to the new school to get a feel of the environment on Fri. There is a deadline that my DH and I need to sign on the dotted line as we were told there are a number of students on the wait list. I understand there is no point swooping in to make everything better whenever life throws a curveball. End of the day, little boy will have the final say. No force, no pushy mummy. 🙂

      Hi 'A reliable source', I have dropped you a PM.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      B
      bewilder
    • RE: Pei Chun Public

      My son is currently in P2 and I am contemplating to transfer him to another school in Year 2015, P3.


      DS has very strong interest in Mathematics and Science and I hope to put him in a school that will give him rooms to develop in these areas. I have shortlisted and spoken to 2 schools and there is 1 which I particularly like due to its numerous fun and engaging math programmes and competitions. This will add new dimension to his math learning journey, extend his creativity and analytical skills through problem solving from a different angle or perspective.

      If he remains in PCPS, he will not have this opportunity at all. As much as he hopes to be in the Math Olympiad Training, he was not being selected. As we know, selection is purely based on results and DS did not fare good enough in his AAs and MAs. It was ridiculous that he made the inanest mistake in measurement, when everyone measured an object which was 20cm long, DS said it was slightly more than 20cm, more like 20.3cm to him so he rounded up to 21cm! Very simple, straight forward numbers arranging from greatest to smallest, he can arrange the reserve way! Skipping steps in problem solving that caused marks to be deducted. I gave him a good scolding but it was too late and he’s out of the game!

      Long story cut short, I am due to submit his results to the new school on Wed, 12 Nov. This school promised opportunities for him to develop in this area. All boys are given equal opportunities, not just limit to the minority few. When talking to the VP, it gave me the impression that the school is more passionate in the welfare and development of all the students. Furthermore, this school is affiliated to secondary division, thus, lesser stress when it comes to PSLE.

      I remain sceptical if this is the right decision as DS seems to be very much attached to PCPS. He really likes his form teacher who has taught him for 2 years. Every now and then, he will sing praises of her. He has several great buddies from his class too. However, I told him that most of them will be in different classes from next year onwards. He will also have a different FT, a tigress perhaps, not young, gentle and pretty one anymore! Nevertheless, I am still unable to convince him and he insisted that he will stay in PCPS till P6.

      Parents, I would like to hear from you. In your opinion, do you think I should just go ahead with the transfer? I ran out of ideas to convince my boy to agree to the transfer. My last resort is to use force or bribery. Anyway, kids will adapt very quickly, isn’t it?

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      B
      bewilder
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy